Give a newbie a hand!

xavier_s37

n00b
hey guys,
Ive been reading your forum for a couple of weeks now, as tax season is coming up and I'm looking to invest in a new monitor for my 360. Ive currently got a IBM P260 which i LOVE! but i think I'm gonna take the plunge into LCD tech to get some space back from my 20" behemoth. which leads me to my question...

Ive pretty much narrowed it down to 3 monitors, the 226BW(S), 2232BW, or the HP2207H. now from reading sites like behardware, I'm thinking the 226BW is the way to go since I'm using this monitor primarily for the 360 seeing as its a 2ms panel with good specs (if i can find the S panel, is this possible at this point in time??). to avoid the panel lottery of the 226BW i was thinking the 2232BW as behardware said it has there recommendation, but it does have more input lag than the 226BW according to them. and finally Ive come to the HP2207H, which i was considering because it just looks nice and seems to have good reviews from the massive thread here, also it seems a little easier to differentiate from the revisions with STM001 being right on the outside of the box to make sure i get the samsung panel (supposedly the best one). but im wondering if the fact that its a 5ms panel will make a difference with gaming as opposed to a 2ms panel.

so i was just wondering what the general consensus would be outta those 3 monitors. remember this is ONLY for the 360, and i realize that its 16:10 ratio for 22" i can deal. also the HP2207H has a pseudo 1:1 pixel scheme so i understand....

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!:cool:

Best advice would be to go to your local best buy and take a look for yourself. Personally, i thought the HPs were a lot better then the Samsungs, but because of the panel lottery its really a toss up. They all seem like great models, if you could just get a good version of either, go for it.

thanks man, i was thinking of going to circuit city, as they have all 3 models in stock. im pretty sure im gonna have to go with the regular HP2207 as i cant see if any HDMI ones come with the samsung panel.

Good luck with everything! also keep in mind, you can get DVI to HDMI converter cables, although I'm note sure how HDCP works over that :confused:

Back