Gmail & Outlook03: Outgoing mail issue

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
I am trying to setup Outlook 2003 to work with gmail work acount, and am running into problems. I used the Gmail setup instructions and I can recieve messages without problem, but i am unable to send. Think leads me to believe that it's a SMTP problem.

If i use the gmail outgoing mail server and test the settings, everything passes, but i'm still unable to send mail. If i use the outgoing mail server from my ISP, it fails to find the outgoing mail server, and i'm still unable to send messages. I've tried using the different recommended SMTP ports without luck. My ISP is Roadrunner (Time Warner Cable) in Wisconsin.

Since this is a work account, i really need to try and resolve this, and i'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreatiated.

You aren't trying to send mail through Outlook while you are logged into the web based gmail are you? Problems will arise if you do.
If you are sure you are using the proper settings here are a couple of things to try:
1. In Outlook, go to Help/Detect and Repair and let it do it's thing. If that doesn't work, try 2.
2. Delete the account in Outlook. Close Outlook, reopen and create a new account.

Back