GoDaddy holding domain hostage!

athlon1.2

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm helping someone who bought a domain name, it's registered through a GoDaddy reseller and trying to transfer it to GoDaddy.

GoDaddy rejects the transfer by forging my "express written objection"

The kicker: I guess GoDaddy customers see a warning that they are "opting in" to this "express written objection" I DON'T! At no time did I actually opt-in to this or have a choice to opt-out.

Anyone have experience with this and managed to have it resolved?

call GD. Their phone support is actually not bad. Also keep in mind you can probably "use" the domain from where it is, you can use any hosting plan from any provider by just changing some settings in your DNS records.

Godaddy reseller? So it's not through Godaddy.com? If not, then you'll need the consent of whomever the reseller is (who registered it on your behalf). When you try to transfer it, the reseller is essentially denying this transfer. Work with the reseller instead of trying to do it outside their view, unless they're the ones holding it hostage (not Godaddy). I have many domains through them, haven't had a problem.

Just like what SuperGT said, you need to contact the reseller. GoDaddy's not that bad you know.

Yes I've been in touch with the reseller who is arvoxdomains.com, since day 1. It's just godaddy re-branded.

They are directly ignoring ICANN policies and forging my "express written consent" by declining the transfer each time I attempt it with this excuse:

Dear Domain Administrator,

The transfer of SOMETHING.COM from Arvox Domains to another registrar could not be completed for the following reason(s):

Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. - email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in means).

The domain owners have never provided an express written objection to decline the transfer. ICANN Is a joke, seems like all they do is forward the complaints to the registrar.

Back