Going from a larger display to a smaller one

Riddleofsteel

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm just asking this out of foolish curiosity, but would game consoles like an xbox 360 have better picture quality on my current 32" 1080p lcd with HDMI or a smaller 23 inch computer LCD monitor with HDMI? I know I'm not getting true 1080p either way, just wondering. Thanks. My tv is a Panasonic Viera 32" in case that helps.

what makes you say that you aren't getting "true" 1080p? If you output 1080p into the display and the display is 1080p you are fine. BTW the panasonic is probably a s-ips screen and the colors and the fact that it is larger will most likely give you the better picture just don't sit too far away 4'-6' is good otherwise you wont be seeing all the detail on that small of a screen.

Um, the 32" for sure, i had to downgrade temporarily last week as my 37" died and am now currently using a 24" at 1080p. You'll notice the downgrade.

what makes you say that you aren't getting "true" 1080p? If you output 1080p into the display and the display is 1080p you are fine. BTW the panasonic is probably a s-ips screen and the colors and the fact that it is larger will most likely give you the better picture just don't sit too far away 4'-6' is good otherwise you wont be seeing all the detail on that small of a screen.
And a 23" 1080p is likely a TN panel...

Back