Going to buy xbox360, games.

todlerix

2[H]4U
Need some games to buy

No sports games
No shooters (i cant aim for beans with the controllers)
and no games that are on multiple platforms

Suggestions?

EDIT:
List so far

Dead Rising
MotoGP 06
PGR3
Kameo
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2
Viva Pinata ::shifts eyes::

viva pinata
PGR3
Kameo: Elements of Power
Dead Rising
Lost Planet (coming later in Jan. 07, but you can download demos on XBLive)

or

buy a wii invites some hunnies over and play strip golf.

Games that I have really enjoyed:

Condemened: Criminal origins
Just Cause
(the above games aren't really shooters)
PGR3
Full Auto
Burnout Revenge
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 (rts that works surprisingly well with a gamepad)

GEARS OF WAR IS A MUST EVEN THOUGH IT IS A SHOOTER! (at least rent the thing ;) )

I bought a whole bunch of games when I got my 360 a couple weeks ago... but half of em I haven't even touched yet... so little time, so much UNO to be played!

It sounds inane but seriously... pick it up.

may I suggest picking up some microsoft points cards and downloading some arcade games?

Viva Pinata
Kameo
Marvel : Ultimate Alliance (it plays like Baldurs gate)
Dead Rising
Burger King : Pocketbike Racing
Splinter Cell : Double Agent
Lost Planet (demo, game coming soon)

XBLA
Small Arms
Geometry Wars
Lumines Live!
Cloning Clyde

Good Xbox360 only games (non shooters or sports):
Condemned!
Kameo
Dead Rising
Viva Pinata
Saint’s Row
Just Cause
Ninty Nine Nights
Enchanted Arms
Oblivion
Double Agent
Test Drive Unlimited
MotoGP 06
PGR3
Full Auto
3 BK games

Xbox Live Arcade Games FTW:
Assualt Heroes
Small Arms
Marble Blast Ultra
Geometry Wars
Many more great titles, so
try all the demos. :)

+ All the good Multiplatform games that are best the xbox360:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Lego Starwars
Tomb Raider
Burnout
NFS:MW
NFS:Carbon
Fight Night Round 3
etc, etc, etc

todlerix said:
Need some games to buy

No sports games
No shooters (i cant aim for beans with the controllers)
and no games that are on multiple platforms. - for example PC and XBOX

Suggestions?

What's the point? If you aren't interested in shooters I can understand but no multi-platform games and no sports games.. that's just stupid.

krameriffic said:
What's the point? If you aren't interested in shooters I can understand but no multi-platform games and no sports games.. that's just stupid.

yes, please let us tell you what kind of games you like.

krameriffic said:

i dont like sports games, thats kinda obvious why i dont want those. i cant do shooters on analog sticks. the reason for no multiplatform games is; i'm looking for something only the xbox is going to bring me.

yes, please let us tell you what kind of games you like.

thought this was pretty clear too. the only games i dont like are sports

edit: and star wars.

Kameo, marvel ultimate alliance, chromehounds, condemned, PGR3, all of the other suggestions are very good as well. Hope you find something that interests you. Despite some of the bad press for the packaging on xboxlive, I'd never played lumines before, and I'm very happy with it and addicted.

List so far

Dead Rising
MotoGP 06
PGR3
Kameo

krameriffic said:

Personally, I agree. Shooters are mostly worthless through consoles, in my humble opinion. Gears of War however, is a different story.

Sports are friggin' great multiplayer entertainment in themselves!

If I also might make a suggestion or two...

Sneak King
Pocket Bike Racer
Big Bumpin'
Burnout Revenge

Those are hours of enjoyment, all for less than $80.

Dark Assassin

krameriffic said:

Personally, I agree. Shooters are mostly worthless through consoles, in my humble opinion. Gears of War however, is a different story.

Sports are friggin' great multiplayer entertainment in themselves!

If I also might make a suggestion or two...

Sneak King
Pocket Bike Racer
Big Bumpin'
Burnout Revenge

Those are hours of enjoyment, all for less than $80.

Dark Assassin

todlerix said:
List so far

Dead Rising
MotoGP 06
PGR3
Kameo

If I was to add a non FPS/Sports game to this list it would be Condemned or Oblivion.
Do you like GTA? because Saint's Row does quite a few things better.

oblivion is on PC, condemed is a shooter and so is GTA =/

they need to add native kb/mou support

todlerix said:
oblivion is on PC, condemed is a shooter and so is GTA =/

they need to add native kb/mou support
I pretty much suck at shooters no matter which platform/control scheme and I had no trouble finishing Condemned. It's not really what I would call a 'shooter' since you can lock on to your target...and most of the time you're using a melee weapon like a pipe or 2x4 with nails. :cool:

gonna be 6 months or so until they start hitting shelves:

http://www.digitimes.com/bits_chips/a20061225PD211.html

According to industry sources, plans to produce CPUs for the Microsoft Xbox 360 game console on 65nm at Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing will be pushed back until the middle of 2007, at least one quarter behind the original schedule.

Microsoft Taiwan declined to comment on the news, while Chartered also declined to comment, stating it did not comment on the production schedule of any of its customers.

In April 2006, Chartered announced that it had signed an agreement with Microsoft to manufacture CPUs for the Xbox 360 console on 65nm Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology starting in the first quarter of 2007.

Chartered is already a major foundry partner for producing Microsoft's Xbox 360 CPUs on 90nm technology

todlerix said:
List so far

Dead Rising
MotoGP 06
PGR3
Kameo
I would definitely switch Condemned or even Just Cause for Dead Rising..

todlerix said:
i dont like sports games, thats kinda obvious why i dont want those. i cant do shooters on analog sticks. the reason for no multiplatform games is; i'm looking for something only the xbox is going to bring me.

I hate console shooters but you are being really closed minded if you don't play Gears of War. It is unlike any shooter I have played before. The cover system and third person perspective really improves the gameplay and the game is just awesome! You will love being able to crouch behind a burned out car and line up a locust over your shoulder before popping up and taking him out. The gameplay and control is fantastic and totally different than any FPS. You will really be missing out if you don't get GOW just because you are closed-minded and "don't like console shooters." I don't either for the same reasons you stated (basically I suck at them and get really frustrated with the dual analogues) but it is one of the best games I have ever played. Give it a shot.

Back