Going tomorrow to get an X850 XT PE or a 6800 Ultra PCI-E...

trudude

[H]ard|Gawd
Which one should I get? I have a choice between the two. I am not ready to spend a premium and get two 6800 Ultra's yet, but I do have a SLI mobo. Should I get the X850XT PE or get a 6800 Ultra PCI-E and then just wait until prices come down some and get another one?

Where are you getting an x850 from already?

If you are willing to wait, I think the dual 6800Ultra setup would be faster (albeit more expensive).

Where the hell have you actually found either of those cards? If they were the same amount of money, I'd get the X850XT-PE possibly. Since the 6800Ultra is about $50 cheaper at MSRP I'd say go with that one. Both give great performance, but if you have an SLi motherboard the 6800U seems to be the better choice.

Tenchi4U said:
Where are you getting an x850 from already?
hehehe

I will tell everyone where I am getting mine once I have made my purchase. They will prolly be in limited quantity.

the place I am going is getting a shipment of 100 eVGA 6800 Ultra PCI-E's and 25 X850XT PE's.

Edit: They are getting them in today around 3PM

I would like to know that as well and how much are you paying for them? Assuming they are the same price I'd just flip a coin to decide.

well the place is price gouging right now, but I bet that if I go to their place of business I could get them for MSRP.

lol everyone is prolly trying to research this store i am talking about. i really hope that i didn't already ruin my chances.

I have said it before and I'll say it again,

Even though the X850XT PE is clocked 20MHz faster than the X800XT PE, in terms of performance, it is only 3-10fps faster overall. While it is a fast PCIe card, I would rather wait for the next gen cards from ATI that boast 24 PIPELINES and possibly DDR4!!!! They will also include the Smart Shader 3 and Smart Pixel 3 technology technology.

Patience young Jedi.....................

Burner27 said:

Even though the X850XT PE is clocked 20MHz faster than the X800XT PE, in terms of performance, it is only 3-10fps faster overall. While it is a fast PCIe card, I would rather wait for the next gen cards from ATI that boast 24 PIPELINES and possibly DDR4!!!! They will also include the Smart Shader 3 and Smart Pixel 3 technology technology.

Yes, but some of us just want the fastestbestestmostuber card from a particular brand right now. I know that when I decide to build an all-new super rig, I have no budget. I want the top of the line of the moment I am putting it together, and in the case of ATI, the X850XT PE is THE top of their line.

well boys and girls the 6800 ultra's at Monarch are all gone now. 100 of them gone. All I can say is wow. I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut.

well this narrows down the choices now doesn't it? looks like i am going to have to call them when they open to see if i can take my ass over there to their place and grab a x850xt pe while they still have a few.

I found a PLace with X850 XT PE in stock!!! but i think it was like 898.00 + shipping ;)

Burner27 said:

If he has money to blow, let him.
A X800XT-PE would be around the same price if you could get one:)

ARe you guys actually paying Monarch's ass rape prices? I saw their prices on 6800GT PCI-E's and X800XT-PE's and I about lost control of my bowels.

The only place that's higher priced is Atacom.

But when Nvidia and Ati announce there next cards, Im sure the wait is gonna be the same as what it is now. another year after they announce there cards to get good availability... :(

Im Seriously thinking of just paying the 650.00 for a PCIe Ultra... Just so i can get my damn computer up and running... This wait and my videocard less computer is mocking me and teasing me everyday afterwork!! AHHH :( :p

Sir-Fragalot said:
ARe you guys actually paying Monarch's ass rape prices? I saw their prices on 6800GT PCI-E's and X800XT-PE's and I about lost control of my bowels.

Yeah, I just tossed in an extra tube of Arctic Silver to make it less painful. ;) :)

Holy crap! I thought it was steep paying $612 for an EVGA 6800 Ultra PCIe from gameve back in October. I noticed the price for them on gameve is now $679. Monarch is asking $685! Damn, I wish I would have bought two back then. Had I only known they would still be so hard to find and prices so ridiculous, I would have. I couldn't be happier with the card, though. I don't really need two now anyway, at least not until the Nforce5 comes along in February. Maybe by then, once the cards become more available the prices will drop closer to MSRP.

Sir-Fragalot said:

Okay, I have to look at atacom.com's prices.

*brings up their webpage*

http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?cart_id=9200439_198_81_26_103&Pagecode=1|VIDR&Item_code=VIDR_EVGA_FX_68&USER_ID=www

$1048.00 for ONE 6800 Ultra PCI-E card?!?

Is that a typo?!?

Do they actually sell any at that price?!?

Of course, what I like is "shipping extra". I'm sorry, but for $1048.00 for something that retails for $500 and even at "normal" gouging prices is going for $600 or so, I expect the guy to personally put it in a backpack and teleport to my doorstep five minutes after the sale. And then take me out to dinner. And buy me booze. And a hooker. Make it two hookers. I get to choose which ones.

Then again, if that's too rich for your blood, one can get a PCI-E 6800 GT for "only" $918.00 from these guys. :rolleyes:

I'd only ask for one hooker at that price. ;)

Arvig said:
Okay, I have to look at atacom.com's prices.

*brings up their webpage*

http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?cart_id=9200439_198_81_26_103&Pagecode=1|VIDR&Item_code=VIDR_EVGA_FX_68&USER_ID=www

$1048.00 for ONE 6800 Ultra PCI-E card?!?

Is that a typo?!?

Do they actually sell any at that price?!?

Of course, what I like is "shipping extra". I'm sorry, but for $1048.00 for something that retails for $500 and even at "normal" gouging prices is going for $600 or so, I expect the guy to personally put it in a backpack and teleport to my doorstep five minutes after the sale. And then take me out to dinner. And buy me booze. And a hooker. Make it two hookers. I get to choose which ones.

Then again, if that's too rich for your blood, one can get a PCI-E 6800 GT for "only" $918.00 from these guys. :rolleyes:

I'd only ask for one hooker at that price. ;)

roflmao!

You think the 6800Ultra price is retarded on Atacom's site you should look at the X850XT Platinum Edition. They have it listed for some $1400 dollars.

It amazes me that people will actually pay that much for these cards. You could order a whole dell system for that much w/ a damn x850xtpe in it!

101998 said:
It amazes me that people will actually pay that much for these cards. You could order a whole dell system for that much w/ a damn x850xtpe in it!
but it's a dell...

101998 said:

That's why I'm keeping a lookout for it to be an upgrade part at Dell's store, so I can, ahem, upgrade our office PCs... :)

Moloch said:
but it's a dell...

but they still have x850xtpe's in their system ready to ship for the same price some places are asking for just the card.

Moloch said:
If he has money to blow, let him.
A X800XT-PE would be around the same price if you could get one:)

I am not telling him what to buy and what not to buy. I am just stating pure fact about the cards. I was the same way when i bought my X800XT PE. I am not sorry I paid $550 for mine when it was available, but at the same time I am not going to plunk down anymore than that for a video card. As I have gotten older, I have become a more conservative person and I look at the practicality of my purchases over my previous ones. If I was in 101998's position, I would get the latest and greatest provided it was a substantial increase in performance over what I had previously.

My $.02

Burner27 said:
I am not telling him what to buy and what not to buy. I am just stating pure fact about the cards. I was the same way when i bought my X800XT PE. I am not sorry I paid $550 for mine when it was available, but at the same time I am not going to plunk down anymore than that for a video card. As I have gotten older, I have become a more conservative person and I look at the practicality of my purchases over my previous ones. If I was in 101998's position, I would get the latest and greatest provided it was a substantial increase in performance over what I had previously.

My $.02
Did he say what card he had before?
If i have 600 to blow(and a pci-e mobo) I'd get a X850 XT-PE, sli is bleh for me, as it doesn't work in all games, and the only games that really put it to good use is far cry and doom 3.

If I had the two cards sitting in front of me, I'd probably go with an X850XT-PE if I had an Intel rig, (One PCI-E x16 slot) and a 6800Ultra if I had an AMD. (A8N-SLi)

I dont think the X850 is a worthy update from the x800xt. They could have done a better job and bumped that core maybe 50-80 MHz.

minc3d said:
I dont think the X850 is a worthy update from the x800xt. They could have done a better job and bumped that core maybe 50-80 MHz.
Easier said then done :rolleyes:

Back