Good backlit keyboard?

Saitek Eclipse II is my backlit board of choice....Amazon has the lowest price if you are not in a big hurry...free shipping also :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Does anyone know when the Saitek Cyborg keyboard is supposed to be commonly available in the US? I've checked Best Buy and Amazon, neither one has it. I was hoping to use Best Buy reward certificates, actually.

Another vote for the Saitek Eclipse II here.

This is perhaps the only keyboard that's lasted me more than six months. And trust me, I've spent a wide range of cash on keyboards, from $3 to over $60. I would have attempted to spend more, but I'm reluctant as this is at least my 30th keyboard.

Yes. I am very, VERY abusive keyboarding wise. I do a -lot- of typing.

Another vote for the Saitek Eclipse II here.

This is perhaps the only keyboard that's lasted me more than six months. And trust me, I've spent a wide range of cash on keyboards, from $3 to over $60. I would have attempted to spend more, but I'm reluctant as this is at least my 30th keyboard.

Yes. I am very, VERY abusive keyboarding wise. I do a -lot- of typing.

OMG do you toss around when drunk or what? I gotta know! I have keybaords over 15 years old that still work lol. I have even taken aprat keybaords with soda spilled on them and gotten them to work. I check the Saitek (not sure if it was the rev Ii or not) didn't are for it at all over the logitech. It seemed pretty similar but didn't have the media buttons or LCD or G keys or any of the otehr stuff I don't use anyways. It was good for the money though.

Does anyone know when the Saitek Cyborg keyboard is supposed to be commonly available in the US? I've checked Best Buy and Amazon, neither one has it. I was hoping to use Best Buy reward certificates, actually.

I'd assume soon, but retail on that thing is going to be $80+ and it looks like a cross between a Cylon and KIT from KnightRider....

depends on teh color scheme of your entire case / workstation. honestly I just bought a G11 because it matched with my Antec 900, blue LEDS and the black/ silver scheme really have a nice effect in general. Also I LOVE the volume wheel at the top, I've also loved logitech keyboards in teh past in general, and so for this is no different.

I'd assume soon, but retail on that thing is going to be $80+ and it looks like a cross between a Cylon and KIT from KnightRider....

I have $100 in BB Certs from buying my home theatre system, and I love the look of the Cyborg keyboard :) The Certs expire on May 31, so I hope it's available at BB before then. I used to have a Gateway keyboard that had programmable macro keys, and I liked using it in Everquest. It's since gone to keyboard heaven. I like the look of the Cyborg better than the Logitech G15.

I have $100 in BB Certs from buying my home theatre system, and I love the look of the Cyborg keyboard :) The Certs expire on May 31, so I hope it's available at BB before then. I used to have a Gateway keyboard that had programmable macro keys, and I liked using it in Everquest. It's since gone to keyboard heaven. I like the look of the Cyborg better than the Logitech G15.

Hey, if you like it then by all means. Hopefully it'll be there, yeah. I'd think so, and certainly under $100.

I put in a vote for the Saitek Eclipse II. It's a very solid keyboard IMHO.

The Saitek has backlit keys, whereas Logitech's keys are lit individually. Reviews say the Eclipse keys could be brighter. Anyone know if they're revising the G11? A cheaper, LCD-less G15 revision would probably be a solid buy.

Saitek's website says February on the Cyborg..... and here it is March and still no Cyborg....... :rolleyes:

To each his own I guess...

About a year ago (maybe) less, I purchased the logitech G15, after about week of usage I gave it to a friend. The construction of the board looked like it was made by fisher price, and the keystrokes were "recoil spongy". By that I mean that the keys felt as though they didn't bounce back fast enough (even though they had tactile feedback).

My next purchased was the razer Lycosa. I personally had nothing but bad luck when comes to razer products in refernce to their drivers. Some keys didn't work when playing WoW but they seemed ok when regular typing. However, the keys had an inconsisten feel to them. The up arrow key had a faint "crunchy" feeling when the key was depressed all the way. I wouldn't recommend the board to anyone.

I recently got the steelseries 7G, pricey but worth every penny. I will tell you that if you like keys with tactile feedback this board is NOT for you. I use to be all about tactile feedback on my keys until I got use to this board. Eventually I started to love the keystrokes especially when playing games due to the speed of how fast you could repeatedly hit a button because there WAS no tactile feedback. The key switches that SteelSeries used in this board are the same switches that are in the deck keyboards.

http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/switches/key/mx.htm

The keystroke is very unique for 2 reasons. 1. The no tactile feedback makes for very fast keystrokes since you are getting no resistance from a clicking mechanism. 2. The key is actually actuated HALFWAY in the keystroke, which means you don't have to push the key all the way down. This makes the keystroke as short as a laptop keystroke but you have less pressure on your finger tips when hold the key down for long periods of time like you do in FPS and other games.

I will mentioned that I got the 7G after it was first released and it was defective and it took 5 months for SteelSeries to send me a new one, but they did send me a new one. And even though the keycaps came off during shipping I am very happy with the board.

+1 for saitek eclipse II.

I need to buy another one in case they stop making them. :D

+1 for saitek eclipse II.

I need to buy another one in case they stop making them. :D

Another +1.

I absolutely LOVE mine. I've already spilt pop on it and the damn thing is still running strong, no shorts or sticking keys or anything..... maybe I bought a tank and haven't realized it? :p

Back