good board to go w/6400+ until phenom is worth it

j0j081

Gawd
I'm thinking about getting a 6400+ or maybe the 6000+ since it includes a cooler and want to buy it with a board that will work good with Phenom once better models come out next year. Are there any boards currently out that are safe bets? I don't see too many around.

DFI has 790fx that looks good as does MSI, the MSI is probably the cheapest in price, but offers a fair bit of features, including SAS controller

DFI has 790fx that looks good as does MSI, the MSI is probably the cheapest in price, but offers a fair bit of features, including SAS controller

Do you think there will be a lot more released in the next couple weeks? I want this thing built by the holidayz when I'm getting a new video card for a present.

Do you think there will be a lot more released in the next couple weeks? I want this thing built by the holidayz when I'm getting a new video card for a present.

About the only thing most of us could tell you is to wait and see. Personally, I wouldn't go with anything other than an AM2+ board if you want to drop a Phenom in it later on down the line. The 790 series of chipsets seems to be the best to go for as it's the only platform for AM2+ I believe.

Back