Good Boss Battles

Sephiroth in FFVII sure he was pretty easy to beat compared to some, but he music, and the emotional impact are unparalleled... well Ghaleon in Lunar was close, but not many people know that game....

t3mp said:
Devil May Cry 3, ALL of the boss fights. Particularly the Vergil fights. So much fun-and challenging.

hell yeah man! gawd I love that game. btw, anyone who hasn't played this game yet, should play it on normal. its much better that way. on easy some of the bosses, specifically the cerberus, are kinda ruined. I watched a friend play most of the game on easy, I was appalled at the difference with the cerberus.

but yeah man. the bosses are cool looking too. man, this game has excellent art direction.

I agree. I liked the Zelda boss fights. Ocarina of Time final boss fight is absolutely awesome. It kept me on the edge of my seat, heart pounding. I also really loved the Wind Waker final boss fight for its sheer beauty and artistry; I thought the cel-shading really excelled in that last sequence.

Morgoth in TOME or Angband. Epic battles, especially for a melee character.

I would have to say Most of the final aeon boss fight in FFX, MGS: Twin Snakes (loved the cinematic-ness of them), and all the boss fights from MGS3.

revs said:
I'm stuck on the octopus boss in kameo - finally gave up yesterday and took a break. I keep dying as i kill him

If you mean Corallis, that thing is just a total PITA. He literally had me almost pulling out my hair. Kameo has some nice boss battles, but some of them are really insanely hard and will just tick youf off. Lord Drok was another really annoying boss to beat. However, I really enjoyed the final battle against Thorn, and against old Maywood.

|MaguS| said:
Which version of lunar? Sega CD or Playstation? ^_^

Had both. Apparently I was one of the 3 people in the US to actually own a SegaCD.... SegaCD version was harder, but I think I like the PS version more just for the better anime cut scenes.

NulloModo said:
Had both. Apparently I was one of the 3 people in the US to actually own a SegaCD.... SegaCD version was harder, but I think I like the PS version more just for the better anime cut scenes.

Well the SegaCD version was harder but to the point of being too hard at some points. The PSX version was alot more balanced and graphically superior. I own all 4 versions, never got the saturn releases though since they were weaker then the PSX ones and the PSX ones came in the badass collectors box! :D

junehhan said:
If you mean Corallis, that thing is just a total PITA. He literally had me almost pulling out my hair. Kameo has some nice boss battles, but some of them are really insanely hard and will just tick youf off. Lord Drok was another really annoying boss to beat. However, I really enjoyed the final battle against Thorn, and against old Maywood.
Yeah corallis. Although I figured out how to beat him quite easily yesterday. I kept dying due to the electric shock through the water on the floor - then i realised - kameo can fly! so I just flew about, and the electricity had no effect (unless hit straight on), then swapped to major ruin right as i needed to hit a explosive.

Was pretty easy with this method - did it first time.

I love this game :)

|MaguS| said:
Well the SegaCD version was harder but to the point of being too hard at some points. The PSX version was alot more balanced and graphically superior. I own all 4 versions, never got the saturn releases though since they were weaker then the PSX ones and the PSX ones came in the badass collectors box! :D

Yeah, it took me days to get through the big rolling tank thing level (grindery or something I think?) on the SegaCD version. I never owned a Saturn either, but was that version even released in the US?

Actually, one of the best parts of the PS1 versions were the outtakes from the voice actors at the end (or was that in Lunar2...) either way, Working Designs had a good team put together for those games, would have been nice if they put out some other things with the same people.

just about any new hi end boss encounter in EQ1 was a fun challenge

each expansions end guy was pretty hard to start with untill uberation set in.

Lady vox Lord nagafen eq original or plane of fear/hate from original true challeneges in the beginning

aznpxdd said:
If you guys like incredible boss fights, I'd recommend Painkiller & Expansion for the PC. There's only about 5 boss fights in the game, but wow, they are amazing.

Heres a few screens:
http://www.lvclke.com/imgs/pain/painkiller12.jpg
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/566/566342/img_2080944.html
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/566/566342/img_2080957.html

Pain Killer was the first game to come to my mind. Especially the swap creature where you had to ignite the gas bubbles, and the huge guy with the hammer. Don't remember what you had to do to kill him, I just remember running like hell looking for heath a ammo.

the N64 zeld game and metroid prime too. They both had had multipart bosses where you'd think something like "oh good i blew off all his legs, he should be easier now......Oh S***! now he's even faster."

Thinking back on it, Dark Force II: Jedi Knight had some really good boss battles. The three part fight with the guy with no legs was really fun. The most annoying though had to be that Twi'lek that bounced all over the place. Not cool. I don't really remember Jedi Outcast's and Jedi Academy's boss battles since there was lightsaber combat throughout those games, so the bosses weren't as memorable.

I still maintain that the bosses in Battle toads were the funnest to play against, especially the first boss where you have to throw rocks and hit it in the cockpit.

OoT, some of the most creative bosses I've seen along with Majoras Mask, and one awesome final boss x2 in OoT.

For difficulty I'll go with Metroid Prime, the Omega Pirate was insanely hard along with Ridley and Metroid Prime. Also there was a boss on Metroid Prime 2 that I fought for about half an hour then died... I'd hate to think what they're like on the unlockable hard mode.

i always liked the Final Fantasy bosses, especialy FFX near end game ones, because they took up almost the entire screen. FF7 seperoth was pretty cool too.

the last boss in HL and OpFor were pretty cool as well, but OpFor was too easy

i remember killing Ganon in Ocarina of Time about 20 or so times -first time beating him though was pretty cool. No biggeron sword when my cousin kept telling me it was real hard to do without it.

For best bosses i would have to say that goes to MGS and MGS2 hands down, remember having to switch the controller port to kill the pyschic guy?

Emerald and Ruby Weapon in FFVII, while not end bosses, were still extremely awesome/hard when you first played through the game.

PKFGimpy said:
ANY Zelda game, but Zelda Ocarina of Time is tops when it comes to boss fights :)

DAMN STRAIGHT.

Bongo Bongo was my favorite boss... I just kept cracking up in hysterics every time I played him. :D

Json23 said:
I still maintain that the bosses in Battle toads were the funnest to play against...
Proper English here is "mostest funnest"...

revs said:
Yeah corallis. Although I figured out how to beat him quite easily yesterday. I kept dying due to the electric shock through the water on the floor - then i realised - kameo can fly! so I just flew about, and the electricity had no effect (unless hit straight on), then swapped to major ruin right as i needed to hit a explosive.

Was pretty easy with this method - did it first time.

I love this game :)

Yeah, but the challenge is lining Major Ruin up properly! Wait till you get to Lork Drok. His pattern is easy to figure out, but it's again a matter of aiming properly. I'll stop there so I don't spoil it for you.

Back