Good car parts website?

KleeziE

Limp Gawd
Well my car has reached the age of needing repairs and I dont really feel like getting a new car at this point in time. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a good website that offers competitive priced quality car parts. Basically kinda looking for a company like newegg is for computers but for cars and before I start dropping money on the top listed sites from a google search I was wondering if any fellow [H] readers could give me some suggestions on where they might shop for car parts.

Greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions:)

Cheers!

rolling around in a chevy monte carlo 99 3.1L

Parts that I know I need are a new alternator, radiator and a couple odds and ends.

Just hit up your local parts store(AutoZone, Oreillys, Napa, Advanced Auto). More then likely will have the parts in stock and will have some kind of warranty. Plus you save on shipping.

hard to beat the local auto parts shops

napa/carquest are the better ones

autozone for the lifetime warrenty parts

mmmm, sometimes you find good deals on Amazon, I kind you not, I found replacement parts almost half price on there

rolling around in a chevy monte carlo 99 3.1L

Parts that I know I need are a new alternator, radiator and a couple odds and ends.

Alternator could be bought at a junkyard/pick and pull. Or just buy one at auto zone, advance, O'Reilly's, which are all auto part stores. Buying these parts online are usually of questionable quality and you can't lower the cost with core online. Yeah going local should be fine considering your market in Portland is pretty good.

Ok cool, thanks for all the input everyone. Just trying to see if I had more options than local shops since I havnt had to buy parts in over 10 years.

another for rockauto.com. they send out good coupons as well. in fact I need to get around to ordering that compressor before spring gets here.

could prolly just get the alternator rebuilt with a warranty for under $50...

Discount on RockAuto Parts!

Thank you for being a www.RockAuto.com customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Using Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

Please note: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on April 4, 2010; so don't wait!

I'm gonna throw my support behind Rock Auto also. Their prices are really good and they have reasonable shipping costs and most everything I've ordered showed up quicker than expected. They are really great for older cars too, as they seem to be able to source a lot of parts for many, many make/model/years that the local stores don't bother carrying.

I've had a positive experience with Rock Auto. I'd personally prefer a retailer that accepted Google Checkout, but it's not a big deal either way.

Rock Auto used to have the best prices that I knew of, but as of a few years ago they seem to less competitive,

bought a closout cat converter off them, great price, works fine, but the heat shield needed welding,

and even if Rock Auto has similar pricing, shipping usually kills it..

but before I buy anything substancial I check them all, Rock, Advance, Auto Zone, Napa, Carquest,

as far as alternators / starters sometimes Your local rebuilder will give You the best prices.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised at how many car parts Amazon carries. I recently ordered domestic car parts from 1A Auto and they had good prices and quick service. I use Autohaus for my VW Passat parts, but that site wouldn't help you...

The pricing on Amazon isn't that great on car parts, I've always been able to find a better deal elsewhere.

i just so happen to be moving to the city rockauto is located in. fairly excited! i have bought an alternator and a few other things from them in the past... great business.

Back