Good case for dual 120mm fans?

I managed to get some 12V, 1.2A :eek: 120mm computer fans, and I want to have a case that I can use them in. I also want a window and I don't have the time to mod one in.

What case has a nice window, and can take a few 120mm fans?

I'm tired of the regular old 80mm fans most cases use.

I just bought a Antec P160 with window from Newegg for my wife. It comes with 2 120mm fans and is quiet. It also is a lot cooler than her old case (ie temp and cpu temps) not just coool looking.

Lots of room, removable m/b tray and the h/ds go in sideways. It just plain rocks!! That is the one I would suggest.

i have one w/o a window, antec 3700bqe and it's a great case.

I agree with RudeDog. The Antec P160 is the way to go. I think Newegg.com has it for $105 plus shipping. I have one myself and I love it. It's quiet, stylish, and just plain rocks. If you want quiet and excellent cooling, this it. BTW, contrary to popular belief, it does come with a 120mm fan for the front. I'm not quite sure why they say it doesn't (mine did, anyway).

Thank you folks, you helped me determine my next case upgrade.

*The tards at genmay were no help

I suggest the Chenbro Genie if you already havent bought your case.

Shackmaster said:
I managed to get some 12V, 1.2A :eek: 120mm computer fans, and I want to have a case that I can use them in. I also want a window and I don't have the time to mod one in.

What case has a nice window, and can take a few 120mm fans?
If you can wait a bit Chenbro's Gaming Bomb II will be out soon. Thread about it with lots of nice pics at Envy News.com
I was planning on an Antec P160 myself, but after seeing this case I changed my mind.

Lots of nice features, the handles are removeable, and the HD drive cage can be positioned one of three ways.

OMG, that is tight. Looks better than my Chenbro Gaming Bomb 1. Guess I know what my next case is going to be....... Thanks for the info

The gaming bomb 2 looks cool, but this aggressive new styling includes "mac handles".

GlobalFear said:
The gaming bomb 2 looks cool, but this aggressive new styling includes "mac handles".
You can remove the handles.

qdemn7 said:
So? Quality costs money.

And Lian-Li is sexah quality, at that ;)

You might have more luck modding a regular side panel to have a plexiglass window and then cut out the holes for the 2 120mm fans. Be more fun too

I am contemplating waiting for the Gaming Bomb II to replace my like-sized Antec POS... or to get a Shuttle. Hurry up Chenbro!

The Chenbro looks good..but it basically looks like any other case! You'd think reading their site that it would be revolutionary...

Hah, yea I love reading little blurbs on cases that say "Revolutionary new design!! blah blah," and it happens to be a motherboard tray or a removable HD rack.

Simple is better.

Retro Rex said:
The Chenbro looks good..but it basically looks like any other case! You'd think reading their site that it would be revolutionary...

Doesn't it look like a g5?
That looks damn good (chenbro)

I haven't got my case yet because I'm in the market for one.

The Antec is nice, but pricey, and the Chenbro is nice.

I saw other cases at newegg that took 120mm fans, but usually they take only one fan, or the fan grills suck

I imagine having 2 120mm fans pushing air through the case will help much with cooling of ALL of my components.

The 1.2A 120's that I have are only loud on 12V, but on 7V they are much quieter, but still move a TON of air.

qdemn7 said:
If you can wait a bit Chenbro's Gaming Bomb II will be out soon. Thread about it with lots of nice pics at Envy News.com
I was planning on an Antec P160 myself, but after seeing this case I changed my mind.

Lots of nice features, the handles are removeable, and the HD drive cage can be positioned one of three ways.

That case is super nice.

I'll wait and get that case possibly, but I'm still looking

qdemn7 said:

I liked this one since I saw it, but I figured the handles would block me from mounting my Exos on it. If they're removable, I may just buy it after all!

Problem I see here is that the fans are not going to be mounted with screws. This means 120mm x 38mm is out of the question, which rules out the best 120mm there is: the Panaflo L1A, as well as good 120mm Deltas.

What the hell's up with the green PCI slot screws? Oh, and FrozenCPU.com, "where we charge 50% above the average price!"

Does anybody know where to get an Antec P160 Case WIndow panel only?

CompMage said:
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cas-221.html
Comes in silver and black with or without window. 120mm front and back. /w window 92mm on window. Nice case just throw the stock fans out and good nicer ones.

I second the Thermaltake Tsunami. Sure, some may say it's a Wavemaster ripoff, but this may have better airflow (2 120mm, 1 92mm fan) as opposed to the Wavemasters 3 80 mm fans. I think the Tsunami is lighter than the Wavemaster also.

I'm probaly going to purchase the Tsunami soon. My current case has very bad airflow.

By the way compmage, do you think the Tsunami's stock fans are really that bad? What fans do you recommend to replace the Tsunami's stock fans?

Back