Good, cheap coolers for 17"?

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm now a proud and happy owner of an upgraded Gateway P-6831, a great 17" laptop that does everything I want it to and will work great to bring to LANs and such.

One thing though...the heat from the 8800GTS in this thing gets quite high, more so then I'm comfortable with, even if its made for it. I'm looking for a good cooler for a 17" to put under it but can't seem to find much of anything, everything is made for smaller laptops.

Where can I find a good cooler for this, and one that won't break the bank? I want something my laptop doesn't have to balanc on and have its edges hanging far over, I'm looking for something sturdy. Hopefully I can find something, if not I may just make my own. :p

Any suggestions?

I have a Cooler Master U2 that was cheap with Amazon Prime, it is claimed to fit up to a 17", but it will massively overhang on the edges.
They have a 19" version that would more properly fit the 17" Gateway. Best part is the fans can be moved, so you can place the airflow where your vents are.

Cooler Master U2

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I had the Massive23 ST for a MSI 1722ID1 17" that got a little too hot in the summer for my liking (no A/C). It worked pretty well - temperatures dropped 5-10* C, the palm rest didn't burn me anymore, and the fan was inaudible. You can't really see the blue LEDs when your laptop is on the cooler during the day, but a little light leaks out at night.

Back