Good dust filters?

I want to keep my next PC as dust free as possible. I'm probably getting a COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832. So I need to get a couple 120mm dust filters. Where and which? I searched, but couldn't come up with anything. Thanks.

Squares cut from panty hose and rubber bands to attach them to the housing.

Seriously.

Then shop for a furnace/central air conditioning filter. One will make a lot of case filters. They will filter out finer stuff than panty hose.

Squares cut from panty hose and rubber bands to attach them to the housing.

Seriously.

Damn I thought I would be first to post about ladies tights :)
As Viperlover said, seriously consider this, its really cheap, lasts forever (as long as you dont ladder them :D) and extremely effective stretched over a fan.

I use this method to filter dust entering a projector and it is very effective.

I use the FilterRight from FrozenCPU...there are others that have the same filters......they work nicely and seem to keep a lot of the dust out..i mount them on the backside of the fan (so there on the inside of the case) on the fans that I put grills on so that I can have grills on

I would imagine though that the panty hose keep more out since i think it would be a finer filter........

if op doesnt mind my asking (if you do let me kno i'll make a new thread for this)...do the panty hose restrict the airflow much? or the air filters for central air?

Panty hose is the same as other filters in that it needs to be kept clean to maintain throughput.
To clean it I use a carpet cleaner attachment and its done in seconds.

I found air throughput to be very good and it helped reduce fan noise a little
Mine is stretched over the fan on the outside of the projector box, using fencing wire (like the stuff you can put on the front of a rabbits cage) to create a frame for it.
The pointy cut edges of the wire are perfect for stretching the panty hose over so it remains in place and can be replaced easily if needed.

I use the FilterRight from FrozenCPU...there are others that have the same filters......they work nicely and seem to keep a lot of the dust out..i mount them on the backside of the fan (so there on the inside of the case) on the fans that I put grills on so that I can have grills on

I would imagine though that the panty hose keep more out since i think it would be a finer filter........

if op doesnt mind my asking (if you do let me kno i'll make a new thread for this)...do the panty hose restrict the airflow much? or the air filters for central air?

Thanks for the link.

Back