Good Electronics supplier in the UK

Demon_of_The_Fall

Limp Gawd
Hey, I'm living in Ireland so my choices here for electronics in retail are limited to Maplin (Awful customer service, no stock, high prices) or Radionics by mail order (sky high prices).

I figure I'll have to look at a mail order place in the UK for bits like resistors/capacitors/ICs etc. I'm looking at these because I'm thinking of making a pocket headphone amp and a couple of other electronics projects.

Does anyone know what places are good to start looking at ?

Thanks for that, they look pretty decent. Have to have a go typing in a list of parts into that tomorrow and seeing how expensive it works out.

FYI, Digi-Key also ships international on a regular basis--try www.digikey.com and click on the UK flag to go to the website with pricing in British pounds with applicable duties included.

Don't know if it'll be all that much cheaper in the long run--take a good look at shipping costs. If you'd care to order in euros or have questions, [email protected] should be able to help... Or maybe it's [email protected] I forget. Anyhow, there's another option for ya.

Yeah, took a look at Digikey, It'd cost me 33 euro per order in shipping and handling unless i went above 110 euro for the order.... Think I'll be avoiding them :eek:

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Farnell have a £25 minimum order, though they and RS (no minimum but high delivery charge) have the best ranges in the UK. For common parts I use Rapid Electronics, and check out Futurlec for cheap prices on semis and passives. Slow delivery (around 14 days, mailed from Thailand) but they'll ship anywhere in the world for US$4 and (in the UK) orders under GB£18 are VAT-free.

Back