Good gaming headphones

When you are dropping $500 on a pair of heaphones, it's hard to get something bad. However, it's also very much about personal preference at that point. I've owned a lot of headphones, and I've been to a handful of meets. I've heard almost all of the top-tier contenders. The K701 is probably one of my least favorite. It's not bad... but I found it to be very lifeless. The W5000 is another top tier headphone that I did not at all care for. I want my headphones to be exciting to listen to, and these just weren't it. Grado's are easily my favorite headphones but as I pointed out earlier, not even a consideration for gaming. Over the years I've put a D2000, HD600, A700, AD900, DT770, and a K201 through my personal setup for gaming. The D2000 was the clear victor for me, and I've since parted ways with the rest of them.

Short version: If you're dropping a few Benjamin's on headphones, it's a wise idea to try them out before you buy. Everyones taste varies; you aren't guaranteed to love something just because someone else does.

Couldn't agree more. :)

strangely enough i heard that Razer Cacharias are supposed to be decent for their price.

Nope. I've had 2 pairs and the mic picks up everything playing out the earcups at any reasonable volume. I had to play with my volume almost silent so I wouldn't keep transmitting what I'm hearing through teamspeak.

Friend's pair has the same issue.

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my Corsair HS1's.

corsair 1500's

I love mine, they are comfy as hell and the sound they produce; amazing. Well worth the money. go read some reviews if you don't believe me :cool:

These headphones are seriously the most comfortable cans I have ever worn, and the positional sound is on point for BF3

When you are dropping $500 on a pair of heaphones, it's hard to get something bad. However, it's also very much about personal preference at that point. I've owned a lot of headphones, and I've been to a handful of meets. I've heard almost all of the top-tier contenders. The K701 is probably one of my least favorite. It's not bad... but I found it to be very lifeless. The W5000 is another top tier headphone that I did not at all care for. I want my headphones to be exciting to listen to, and these just weren't it. Grado's are easily my favorite headphones but as I pointed out earlier, not even a consideration for gaming. Over the years I've put a D2000, HD600, A700, AD900, DT770, and a K201 through my personal setup for gaming. The D2000 was the clear victor for me, and I've since parted ways with the rest of them.

Short version: If you're dropping a few Benjamin's on headphones, it's a wise idea to try them out before you buy. Everyones taste varies; you aren't guaranteed to love something just because someone else does.

Quoted for truth. Great post. If at all possible one should try before buying, or if all else fails atleast buy from place with good return policy.

I'm still waffling between the Q701s and the DT880s myself (coming from HD555s). I'm a little worried about the bumps on the Q701 headband - for some reason pressure on the top of my head gives me a headache and I'm afraid the bumps will make it worse.

I own the DT880s-600 myself and I'd recommend them to anyone except for competitive FPS gamers. Sound positioning is just not there no matter how much I tweak it. For games in general and any other application, they are amazing and by far the most comfortable pair of headphones ever.

Personally, I hate having anything on my face or head (sunglasses, hats, headphones, etc) so I rarely use my DT880s now. Since I rarely play FPS games now (mostly MMOs / Dota 2), I just use some cheapo Logitech G330s for comfort and voice comm. However, out of the traditional headphone styles, the DT880s were the only ones I could stand wearing for prolonged periods.

I went ahead and bought a pair of corsair HS1's, thanks for the input :). Those $200+ headphones are a bit out of what I was looking to spend since I won't be using them that often.

I went ahead and bought a pair of corsair HS1's, thanks for the input :). Those $200+ headphones are a bit out of what I was looking to spend since I won't be using them that often.

Be careful. I went through 2 pairs of them before I just gave up on them. For some reason, someone at their engineering department had the bright idea to put the control module thing half way between the cord so that it becomes very, very easy to step on it, roll over it with your chair, etc.

Back