good hsf for e8400 overclocked

vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
the thermalright 120 is deactivated on newegg, how can that be?!

what about the xigmatek, would it do just fine?

The Zigmatek is a very good heat-sink, and made even better by the price. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 is also a very decent budget heat-sink. If you want comparable performance to the TRUE, I recommend a Megahalems with a Scythe GentleTyphoon 1600rpm fan.

Another one for the Xiggy. I haven't tried any other heatsink, but this 1284 serves me well, I didn't get the 1283 because I got the 1284 on sale for a good price. The 1283 which is cheaper is supposedly able to transfer heat better because the heatpipe being directly over the CPU cores, atleast for dual-core 775's. Whichever one you choose, the xiggy's are a great bang for your buck.

Load temps on a summer day, living in so cal in an inland area with no AC in the room, I never hit above 60c, 55c average @ load with my e8400 oc'd to 4.0. On any casual winter/cold day here temps average 50c and never go above 52c @ load. To me, as long as it's not in the mid 60's and low 70's it's all good. Also, keep note that i'm using a scythe ultra kaze 3000rpm fan with no fan control. Your fan matters a lot too.

Back