Good monitor/price combination?

What is your budget?

My Dell broke so im in the market for a new monitor as well. Been looking at these,

Acer H233H

one I am leaning towards is Acer G245H

hope that helps maybe

For lower resolutions, I would get the Dell P2210. They are TN panels however they have a very good quality picture in games/movies. They also have native display port connections, so they are a little more future proof. Also, the resolution is 1680 x 1050.

You can find them for 180 shipped at the dell outlet store (I got mine there).

I have 2 of the Acer H233H's. I like them for my application, which is running 2 windows of Eve Online, each at 1920x1080. They have HDMI, VGA and DVI, and it comes with all those cables as well. The 2 I have for some reason are different from each other. The lights in the bezel, the print on the bezel differs from the next. In the newest one, the speakers are very poor, requiring it to be up at 100 where my other monitor only needs to go up to 10-12 to be heard. There is some backlight bleed, and it is consistent between the 2, but it is minimal compared to a previous Viewsonic LCD I used.

I'd like to have a 1920x1080 for movies and work, but I'm wondering what i can expect from a visuals perspective when running non-native?

I'm looking to spend less than $200 on the monitor. I don't have top of the line hardware that can take advatage of the best displays.

Any thoughts on this monitor? http://www.target.com/Acer-21-5-Wid...rget_com_brand-bin,display_size_derived,price

It's from Target, which isn't my normal shopping destination for these items, but since I work for Target corporate, I get 20%. With tax, it brings this down to about $135.

Never heard of that particular one. But that's a pretty good price with employee discount. Are there any other monitors in that size range? I think that 1080p is actually a real good resolution for watching movies and gaming. Some people gripe about the missing 120 vertical pixels, but it doesn't actually bother me much.

It's still slightly more vertical resolution than I had with my previous 1680x1050 display. And I don't have to worry about scaling issues for 1080p or 720p content. You can run your games at 720p resolution if you run into performance issue, and the image aspect ratio will be the same. What are your other options at the 1080p resolution? I like my NEC 23" 1080p monitors. It'll give you a bit more picture to look at.

I'm looking to spend less than $200 on the monitor. I don't have top of the line hardware that can take advatage of the best displays.

Any thoughts on this monitor? http://www.target.com/Acer-21-5-Wid...rget_com_brand-bin,display_size_derived,price

It's from Target, which isn't my normal shopping destination for these items, but since I work for Target corporate, I get 20%. With tax, it brings this down to about $135.

Id say go for it. I think its the same as the Acer H233H mentioned above just smaller.

Back