Good news for those who recently purchased Dell's 2005FPW

I sent my 2nd Dell e-mail 4 and half hours ago, so far I got just another notice that it could take a while. The first reply I sent was way over 24hrs ago. I hope to get some reply by morning.

Other than that, my screen is suppose to arrive tomorrow, so I can't wait.

Well, I finally got a reply:

Dear Mr. --------,

Thank you for choosing Dell Online Customer Care.

I understand that you would like a price protection review regarding the
price drop of your Dell Monitor. You have mentioned that the listed
price before promotions was $799.00, and now the price is listed is
$749.00.

Mr. ----------, I would like to inform you that Price Protection procedures
are only applied to full-system orders such as desktop and notebook
systems. Since this order was for only a monitor, I must respectfully
decline this request.

In the event that you may encounter discrepancies in your order,
remember that you can always e-mail us back to provide assistance for
you.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I hope to have
addressed all your concerns to your satisfaction. Your case number for
this interaction is -----------------. Please keep this number for your records.
It will help us keep track of this transaction so we can better assist
you if you have any further questions or concerns about this request.

If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to visit
us online at:

http://www.DellCustomerCare.com

Thank you again for contacting Dell and have a wonderful day.

Respectfully,

Robert
Rep ID 88278
Monday - Friday, 1:00 am - 10:00 am CST
Dell Online Customer Care

I wish they could stay consistent, or this is what they should have done to begin with but they had some rogue reps that didn't understand the policy. I mean some people got the $50 credit right away, some were offered a $75 coupon as an option, some got replies with the reps comparing the after promotion prices and finding it was not lower, why would they bother with that if this price protection wouldn't matter anway on the monitor. Then some that even mention that at least offered a $35 coupon.

Once I get my monitor tommorrow I'll see how much more it's worth fighting for. If I get a bad screen, I'll be sure to push this subject when getting a replacement.

I totally agree that they should have taken one stand and stuck with it. Of course, I believe that stand should have been "Yes, here's your $50." with no fuss or bother, as the monitor's base-price, for me at least, dropped $50 within 24hrs ot receiving it (Within a week of ordering it.). Their "This applies to systems only." is lame too, as you could have ordered another monitor that day (I wonder if this was a 'stall until the Delf coupons end' tactic?) for the better price, and you wouldn't be cheating the system in anyway. I think any base pricing change, for anything, that occurs during the time Dell themselves allow you to just decide "I don't like the color of the DVI cable, take it back..." should be no question.

Could the starter of this thread post the original message he got back about saying he would get the $50 credit? Possibly with the persons name and ID.

Also, I think if anyone wants to try again, the weekend is a goodtime as there will probably be different employees for the weekend shifts and most probably have not delt with this yet. Like you see in my post that the Dell guy that turned me down works Mon through Fri, so posting after his shift I may get someone new, unless they take 48hrs to reply.

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I understand that you want the price drop on the LCD TV.

Please understand that put price protection policy is not applicable on
this product and is only for system purchases. However, you being a
valuable Dell customer and as a good gesture for customer care I am
offering you a $75.00 discount coupon that you may use to make your next
online purchase from us. If accepting the coupon please revert to me and
I would provide you with a coupon code.

SCORE!!! Going to buy another one soon anyways :)

Dear Mr. -------

Thank you for your response.

I understand your concern regarding the $30 refund.

As promised I have submitted the request to the concerned department for
Manual Credit request under reference number ---------. Please allow
Dell a time frame of 8 to 10 days so as to refund back the amount on the
original mode of payment.

I thank you for the patience and understanding. They both are greatly
appreciated.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your case number
for this interaction is ---------. Please keep this number for your
records. It will help us keep track of this issue so we can better
assist you if you have any further questions or concerns about your
query.

If there is anything additional that you need, please feel free to visit
our online Customer Care Center at:

http://www.DellCustomerCare.com

Have a great day.

Respectfully,

Abe
Rep ID 23333
8.00 hrs ? 17.30 hrs (Monday- Friday)
Dell Online Customer Care

Better than nothign I guess

I asked for the credit as well and was denied (nothing offered to me whatsoever). My purchase price is $554 (after 25% - $45 coupon) plus tax.

Replied back saying I would just return the monitor if I am not given the $50 credit. I know prices are coming down and I'll just want for a better deal from Dell or any other manufacturer.

It reality, if the monitor is perfect in all ways, I'll probably just keep it. Otherwise, I just send it back for a refund and wait for a better deal to come around.

thats bullshit..u guys should all get credits..i got mine for 449..no tax..no shipping..and i still got my money back..bringing my price down to $399...call them and ask to speak to a supervisor....and if they dont give it back..ask to speak to someone else..and keep doing so..i mean..$50 isnt that much money, but it's the principal at hand..they have a policy..and they should stick with it

me too:)

Mine went from $520 to $470 after tax:D
This seems to be the same thing as when I called in to get the 35% off for the monitor to the small business division. Several different answers.

and i used the delf coupon and the amex coupon..i'lll try to gid through my email and find the person who i spoke with

I sent in 2 tech support emails, consecutively last night, the first one replied offering me a coupon, the second one straight up credited me $50!!! Maybe I should take the coupon too, since i don't think that one costomer support knows what the other guy did :D So for those of you trying to get your discount back, just send in more emails. The more you send the better your chance of getting credited ;)

Maybe you can send a bunch of emails to order support to request stackable coupons too, then use all of them on one item :D

If I just want to return my 2005FPW for a refund (within a week or two of receipt), do I have to pay the shipping or will Dell give me a label? How much does it cost?

Thanks,
CxP

After I said I would simply return the monitor for a full refund if Dell did not give me the $50 credit, the service rep. offered me the $50 coupon for use at the Dell site.. Is there any time limit on these coupons? Is it only good for Dell branded stuff? I think I may accept it.

Thanks,
CxP

ClockerXP said:
After I said I would simply return the monitor for a full refund if Dell did not give me the $50 credit, the service rep. offered me the $50 coupon for use at the Dell site.. Is there any time limit on these coupons? Is it only good for Dell branded stuff? I think I may accept it.

Thanks,
CxP

I got a $75 coupon it has a 6 month time limit. You can buy anything on the dell website doesn't have to be dell branded stuff.

ClockerXP said:

Thanks,
CxP

You shoudl try calling them or submitting a new requiest in hopes a new rep gets it. Take the better or whatever each rep offers you

I guess the next question in my head is...if I do return the monitor anyway (because I might be unhappy with the quality) I wonder if they will forget to take the $50 coupon back? This could be a money (coupon) making situation here....

C

ClockerXP said:
I guess the next question in my head is...if I do return the monitor anyway (because I might be unhappy with the quality) I wonder if they will forget to take the $50 coupon back? This could be a money (coupon) making situation here....

C

I woudl assume so. The coupan was given to you by a Customer Sales / Relations rep, Returns are handled by Technical Support, which is a totally seperate branch. So, unles a slase rep told a Tech Support person, they woudl have no idea.

I just used my $50 coupon to buy that NEC DVD burner I've been wanting. They won't be able to take it back now...whether I end up returning my 2005FPW or not. :)

C

Back