Good notebook carrying case

UltimaParadox

Supreme [H]ardness
As I am waiting on my Dell 9300, which is a large bastard, I am going to need to get me a fairly nice carrying case, to move it from home, school, and work. Most of them seem generic. So I figured I would ask what you guys use, and what you suggest. :)

Lets try to keep it under 200 dollars, nothing extremely outrageous, but I can always take a look.

Did you look at the one that dell sells, the Deluxe one? I got that ones, Its pretty good, all the side are well protected, theres alot of small ziper bags on the side, also some secrets ones. The build quality is excellent. Also the shoulder strap has a GEL Padding. Theres 5 zipper bags and 4 pockets, also the main bag were you put your lappy you can put a lock on it, which I find funny(....just take the hole bag...runnnn) :p . Overall its excellent for the 9300.

The Webmaster is pretty solid, and Im kinda hard on bags, especially if the Laptop isnt in it. The handles are a lot more comfortable than any of the cheapy ones. I never noticed the lack of comfort.

I got mine at a luggage store in a mall, so poke around at a mall or outlet center and you might find it or a similar one to play with.

We realllly need to make a sticky thread for bags... Every week a new one comes ~ and goes.

Its 59$ and after over a year of use, its looks great... no frayed threads. Fits a 17inch lappy perfectly.
http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CPT400

Save that 160$ from the victorinox bag and dont buy a name... buy more stuff for your puter ;)

He he true, Targus makes good stuff, I saw the Victorinox and liked it, and wife got it for me for my birthday. Didnt have the heart to tell her I wanted a Targus roller (only $90 or so) cause she always gets me the wrong stuff. At least this time its useful. :D

The one Dragon just listed has one great feature though. You slip your laptop into it, then you can put it in other bags to carry around. Any backpack, suitcase, carry on, etc that it fits into can become a laptop carry case.

Awsome case...$57.60

Has a seperate sleeve for lappy and tons of storage....Very well made...Im still waiting on my I9300

....Inspiron 9300,Pentium M 760 (2GHz/533MHz FSB)
....17 inch True Life Wide Screen UXGA for Inspiron 9300
....1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm, for Inspiron 9300
....256MB NVIDIA 6800,for Inspiron
....80GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive

Bag Link Below:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/... &mnf=&prst=&prEnd=&InStock=&refurbished=&fe=

i haven't been on the [H] for a long time, i'm glad i looked in here.. i need a notebook bag :D

Rune75 said:
We realllly need to make a sticky thread for bags... Every week a new one comes ~ and goes.

Its 59$ and after over a year of use, its looks great... no frayed threads. Fits a 17inch lappy perfectly.
http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CPT400

Save that 160$ from the victorinox bag and dont buy a name... buy more stuff for your puter ;)

Got one, thanks for the help everyone. I got this one and decided against the hard top kind.

Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd just piggy-back on this one...I need a case for my 15.4" widescreen eMachines laptop. I don't need anything special, and the Targus one linked here seems fine. I'm just curious - does it matter if I get a case that fits up to a 17" laptop? I mean, a smaller than 17" one won't be sliding around, will it? Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I see Amazon has that Targus for ~$46. Seems like a good deal to me? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._5/104-7200576-3024747?v=glance&s=electronics

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
aktick said:
Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd just piggy-back on this one...I need a case for my 15.4" widescreen eMachines laptop. I don't need anything special, and the Targus one linked here seems fine. I'm just curious - does it matter if I get a case that fits up to a 17" laptop? I mean, a smaller than 17" one won't be sliding around, will it? Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I see Amazon has that Targus for ~$46. Seems like a good deal to me? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._5/104-7200576-3024747?v=glance&s=electronics

Usually with 17in bags you have a little divider piece that allows you to fit a 15in laptop and gives a little extra room for placing like your adapters.

If you need the extra space and don't mind carrying around the extra bulk, get a 17in bag. If you are not going to carry a lot of accessoriess than I would just stick with the 15in bag, go to your local best buy or compusa and you can look at the bags there. I know for sure Bestbuy carries Targus products.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The targus sells with the divider for a smaller lappy... added bonus for that is you can now put your power brick into the lil zipper bag that Targus gives you and put that zipper bag into the space that the divider makes in the main compartment. Oh, and yours wont really slip around with the velcro strap to hold the lappy in place.

Hope that makes sense.

But as far as a 15" lappy goes, honestly, Id get a backpack. But if ya want a tote type, get a targus... btw, they do make an identically made but smaller lappy bag for 15inchers if ya want...

Back