Good PC Games $30 and under

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
I've really been wanting to get some new pc games for my computer. I don't really have too many pc games and wanted to make use of my 4670. I want to know what good pc game I could get right now that's both fun to play and has good graphics. I remember when they had L4D2 @ Gamestop for $30 and I didn't get it! I wish I did, that's a game I really wanted. Preferably a game that came out at least end of last year, but I'll get an older game as long as it's fun.

I don't play many PC games, I'm mostly a console gamer. One game I always get back to is Team Fortress. This weekend you can buy the game off Steam for $10, 50% off. Actually I think you can play it for free until 4pm.

With PC Games, EVERYTHING get to 30 bucks pretty quick. I can only think of 2 games that didn't hit that 30 price point within 3 months.

Maybe Stalker Clear Sky? There's some good deals running on it right now. I haven't tried it yet personally, but I thought the previous Stalker game was good.

Last edited:
Look for deals every weekend at Steam, D2D, GamersGate, and Impulse Driven. Even 'Batman:AA' I only paid $25.00 for because I wait for the sales to hit most of the time, and that is a very good looking game.
Bioshock is very nice looking and can be had cheap. Warhammer Dawn of War II is 50% off right now on D2D, $19.95. That sale is only on for 24hrs though.

http://www.direct2drive.com/

You can get Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect from EA for less than $30. I think my total was $28.

If you check the Hot Deals forum you'll find a thread about this. Basically, any two games are 40% of, so you get an expensive one and a cheap one (I got Dragon Age: Origins ($35) and Mass Effect ($10)). You'll then get 40% off. It's about $27, then they charge tax -- but still under $30...

You can get the Bioshock/Oblivion combo for 20 bucks @ most B+M stores.

That's right, Bioshock and Oblivion come in a bundle deal now. Up here in Canada most stores want $35.00 for it though.

Orange box especially if you've never played it before.

can't go wrong with Bioshock, CS Source, and TF2

also can't go wrong if you can pick up Fallout 3 and Dragon's Age Origins

If I were you id wait, till the year end, Steam had a killer sale last year, where bioshock went for 5 bucks.
Torchlight would be awesome on your computer, and boy was I wrong about that game, its freaking awesome.

Torchlight, it won't push the graphics envelope but it is cheap and a lot of fun.

I'm surprised nobody suggested Pong

it will strain his system to the point to where it overheats and shuts down after going a full minute under the system strainer known as Pong

SWAT 4. It's old but still oh-so-fun.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is a really fun game that's pretty cheap nowadays as well.

World of Goo is great as well, if you're into that kind of thing.

I have a copy of RB6 Vegas2 that was given to me way back and I have never even played it yet. Thanks for reminding me.

Also recommend Torchlight (though it may alienate some if I say it uses WoW interface/mechanics in a Diablo setting, it works).

TF2, bioshock, fallout, etc... all great games

Is Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl a good game for $1.99?

yup, like zero said, the series is outstanding. Although, I grabbed SOC at the 1.99 deal, but oddly enough I'd getting pretty crappy performance in it for whatever reason (system in sig).

I haven't seen it hit over 32fps yet :(

Back