Good rack mount HTPC case?

I'm building a new system for some one and it's going in there rack. I dont want to use a rack mount case that has a locking front door as there going to need to put Blu ray's in the disk drive. Any one know of a good case that looks like a regualer HTPC case but will rack mount? Oh and it needs room for 5, 3.5 hard drives. Putting 1300 dvd's on it lol.

I actually prefer a 19" rack mount case because my audio gear is rack mount. But what you will find is the majority of rack mount cases are server oriented.
You just have to find one that looks good to you. Price wise you can actually score a descent case for around $50. A plus is that you can customize them if you are so inclined.
I'm was actually thinking of a Linux based HTPC, but I wanted to add a fluorescent display to show meta data because it will be function as a music player much of the time.
One of the best places to look is Ebay. That is where I bought my last rack case.
Search for "rack mount ATX"
You can find 1U to 4U at reasonable prices.

I use this case

Nice; what does it cost??
Notice most of the "fancy" HTPC cases try to look like a stereo receiver. Bleh.
I like the case that look like an old Peavey amp. LOL!
Personal I would probably get a 2U in size. Want something with embedded video and a HDMI output.

Well it's going in a 100k theater lol Doesn't have enough 3.5 drive bays for what I'm using it for. Nice looking case though might have to pick me one up for my rack :). Think I'm going to just have to stick with a sever 4u case.

Back