Good results with E6420 i'm borrowing, get Q6600, wait for new 45nm quads or?

BoostFrenzy

Weaksauce
Stay with this?

i'm doing 3200mhz on stock cooler with good temps (Coretemp beta) @ 1.40v 400*8, any reason to not just pay for this one and keep it or will a quadcore at similar freq be that much quicker playing games, ripping movies and looking at pr0n?

Stay with this?

i'm doing 3200mhz on stock cooler with good temps (Coretemp beta) @ 1.40v 400*8, any reason to not just pay for this one and keep it or will a quadcore at similar freq be that much quicker playing games, ripping movies and looking at pr0n?

Ripping movies, no. Encoding from DVD to avi/mp4/ipod/etc, absolutely.

Stay with this?

no reason to upgrade but if the occasion arises, just make sure mobo supports the new chips.

dual core at 3+ Ghz is plenty for now. Unless you're encoding a lot of video, AND the application you use can use all 4 cores. Then its worth it to get quad, but everything else dual core does a good job with a lot less heat & power.

Back