Good RPG game

I finally decided to upgrade my computer after a year or so and i'm looking for a good RPG game to play on my new comp. I was looking at Neverwinter Nights 2. The game looked good when it came out but I never got around to playing it. I know fallout 3 is good but I want to go back a while to some games I might have missed first because they will be cheaper :) I don't have time to be playing multiple RPG games so I'm just looking for one very solid RPG that was made in the last few years to get my fix.

I played Mass Effect on 360 and I also played oblivion. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

knights of the old republic should be pretty cheap now and its unbelievable.

Either Morrowind or Oblivion, both are dirt cheap for what you get.

The Witcher, Mass Effect, Oblivion (plus expansions), Fallout 3 (plus DLC), Knights of the Old Republic (both of them), S.T.A.L.K.E.R (both of them), probably a few others.

The witcher seems to be the most voted for so far. Like I said earlier I already played mass effect and oblivion. Has anyone played NWN2?

NWN2 is a good solid party-based rpg if that's what you're looking for.

The vanilla game is ok, story wise, but the expansions kick it up a lot (especially mask of the betrayer).

The Witcher is my personal favorite rpg of the year it came out.

The main reasons I really enjoyed it was because the game had a good overall mature tone to it, it didn't feel watered down or like it was made for teens.

Then on top of this you had real meaningful choices to make throughout the game, you'd be presented with a choice to make and the consequences for that choice could not be felt until perhaps hours later in another chapter of the game. The choices aren't simple black and white good/evil either which many rpg's fall into (IE Most Bioware games).

I would say that the Witcher is most like the older rpg series of games like Fallout I/II, Baldur's Gate, etc. Just overall a meaningful mature well told rpg, highly recommend it.

If you are into RPG's and haven't played The Witcher you are truly missing out.

the witcher had an amazing story and cinematic experience, but the controls and fighting system really took away from the game. It felt too constricting.

What?

I thought the way you could lv up was handled pretty well, lots of choices in terms of what styles/moves you wanted to focus on and the styles made for decent variety in terms of what you would be facing (IE group/fast/strong).

Another vote for the Witcher and Mass Effect...two of my favorite RPG of the last year or two...and The Last Remnant comes out in April...still kind of torn on this...I love Square Enix and I love JRPG's but just dunno bout this one yet.

I vote for Mass Effect and the The Witcher.

The Witcher if you want spells and swords.
Mass Effect if you want guns and space.

You really cant go wrong either way

I'd recommend The Witcher, it is the finest RPG to be released on the PC this millennium (there hasn't been a massive amount of competition however)

Another vote for The Witcher. The game has an awesome setting, once you begin you want to keep going. Combat feels clumsy though.

Be sure to play the enhanced version, vanilla version has a lot of stuff that was lost in translation.

have any of you people played KOTOR? I like Mass Effect and The Witcher both very much, but KOTOR was a downright masterpiece.

Agree. Knights of The Old Republic was great! The story, the action, how customizable, and the choices were all sweet! :) I simply love this game. I played it a few times through i loved it so much!

Too bad the 2nd installment was fudged up. And also that the restoration team has all but gone the way of the dodo.

I vote for Mass Effect and the The Witcher.

The Witcher if you want spells and swords.
Mass Effect if you want guns and space.

You really cant go wrong either way

What this guy said. Both are a lot of fun and I played through them twice.

Both are very fun, but do yourself a favor and play the Witcher demo. The camera and control are a little different. Make sure you like them before you buy it. However I would vote Witcher too.

Last reminent is coming out Soon it could be worth playing maybe......though square has gone to shit just throwing that out there.

Heard about this on another site recently and decided to give it a go: Mount and blade.

Very good, free roaming rpg with no set storyline, switches between top down view to third first person during combat, alot of which takes place on horseback.

No fantasy element just good medieval fun.

Back