good SINGLE player games

SouLXIV

Gawd
What are some good single player games other than fallout 3? RPG, FPS, doesn't really matter old or new.

I've been enjoying a game called Mount and Blade quite a bit recently. I'd also recommend The Witcher.

The Witcher & Stalker Clear Sky are both superb. Game of 2007 and game of 2008 for me.

Space Rangers II! By the time you know it, the day will have passed by and you didn't even shower yet.

Throw Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 and the expansions in that list somewhere.
Both KOTORs definately.
Mass Effect
Witcher is pretty good once you accept the combat.
If you have a gamepad Devil May Cry 4 can keep you busy for a bit(wish there were more brawlers on PC but apparently we PC gamers don't like em)
The Silent Storm series
F.E.A.R
Sins of a Solar Empire is pretty fun solo

Tomb Raider Underworld and 007: Quantum of Solace (both awesome games I just finished)

You said old or new doesn't matter... so you should try to get a hold of these games:

Space Quest - Way old school adventure game... kinda hard without a walkthrough tho :p
Tie Figher - Best space dogfighting game ever, X-Wing is good too, and X-wing VS Tie Fighter
Civilization 4 - Awesome turn based strategy game, easy way to kill days and days and days playing this :)

all the games mentioned in this thread + titan quest. don't think i saw that one.

all the games mentioned in this thread + titan quest. don't think i saw that one.

I must ask, I bought Titan Quest the first week it was out and had a horrible experience with all the bugs, issues. If I install and update the game, are there still problems?

I must ask, I bought Titan Quest the first week it was out and had a horrible experience with all the bugs, issues. If I install and update the game, are there still problems?

id imagine so, i got it when it was first released and it sucked cuz of the glitches but as the updates rolled out i enjoyed it more and more...i should pop that back in and play it again....

id imagine so, i got it when it was first released and it sucked cuz of the glitches but as the updates rolled out i enjoyed it more and more...i should pop that back in and play it again....

Well, I think you just found me my next game. Never finished the game because of the problems, but will go back and do that now. Thank you.

Half-Life, HL2, Serious Sam (all three), Freelancer, Painkiller, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay, FEAR, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Assassin's Creed, etc. I also picked up STALKER from Steam this weekend, and I'm really enjoying that.

Some games I've enjoyed the last couple of years (single player):
far cry 1
kings bounty the legend
space rangers 2 (with reboot - was $3.99 last week)
mass effect
titan quest (and expansion)
civ4 and various expansions
nwn2 and various expnasions
dark messiah (kind of short but actually was a lot of fun)
gears of wars on pc (actually like this one better than crysis)
-
as to what you liked it depends on the type of game you like - i was really surprise how fun kings bounty and space ranger were but neither are games that will last for months and months but they were really quite good.

There's so many out there, it's hard to choose.

I'd recommend:
Morrowind(currently playing)
Oblivion
The Witcher
Titan Quest
Fable

All are pretty decent. I'd mainly choose Morrowind or Oblivion because of the mods.

Half-Life, HL2, Serious Sam (all three), Freelancer, Painkiller, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay, FEAR, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Assassin's Creed, etc. I also picked up STALKER from Steam this weekend, and I'm really enjoying that.

there was 3 serious sam games?? thought there was only 2????

Splinter Cell (all of them)
Bioshock
HL and HL2 + EP1 + EP2

and I cannot believe no one has mentioned this yet...

PORTAL!

It may be short but it's one helluva good SP game. There's also a great mod for it too based off of the flash version.

Mass Effect, The Witcher EE, Tomb Raider Underworld (this one suprised me, but I am glad I bought it)

The Orginal Half-Life was phenomenal. I can't wait for the Black Mesa remake!

Bioshock
World in Conflict
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway

Deadspace, Deus Ex, Max Payne I/II.

duex-ex-mention.jpg

Mass Effect and Bioshock would be my first choices for story-rich games. I'm also a fan of the Ghost Recon:Advanced Fighter (GRAW 1 & 2) series. COD4 has a great single-player campaign, but it's short.

Painkiller is fun, but the story is pretty much non-existant (you're in purgatory trying to redeem yourself by killing demons). It's a straight-up shooter like the original Doom or Serious Sam. ie Clear this level before continuing.

Orange Box is good because it has the complete HL2 series in it, as well as portal, and tf2.

Back