Google Chrome Beta

It seems about the same speed as firefox. Nice interface, but no add ons and it won't let me scroll up with the touchpad on my laptop. Scrolling down works alright, but I can't go up. Strange

well Flash videos fucked up in Chrome yesterday just like it does in FF every few days. why is IE7 the only browser that never has a problem with Flash?

Just found a freakin sweet capability:

go to a webpage, like a forum, and search for a word (Ctrl-F). Little yellow lines appear in the scrollbar indicating where along the length of the page that word occurs. VERY nice.

I did some searches thu this post, I didnt get any results with mention of this...

Paste the following into chromes ady bar for cool info:

about:network
about:stats
about:cache
about:histograms
about:plugins
about:dns
about:version
about:memory
and...
about:crash :)

When you uninstall google Chrome it says "Are you sure you want to uninstall google chrome? (was it something we said)? "

I never had any issues with Flash using FF3
its a well documented problem and theres been tons of threads about it on their forums. uninstalling and reinstalling will fix it temporarily. I dont remember it happening on my XP comp with older FF versions though.

What's the specific problem? I've had FF3 installed since launch day on Vista32 and I've never had any issues. Same goes for my laptop which is also running Vista32 and FF3.

its a well documented problem and theres been tons of threads about it on their forums. uninstalling and reinstalling will fix it temporarily. I dont remember it happening on my XP comp with older FF versions though.

Hmm, I've been having that problem on two different machines running Windows XP; one with SP3 and one without I think, neither's my main system... Which is down right now for upgrades so I wouldn't know if it's happening there. One's a laptop I've got on loan and another is a relative's system I had been repairing/upgrading. It only happens when I've got tons of tabs opened across several different FF windows though, and it happened a lot more on the less capable system (an old P4 w/only 512MB of RAM, when it happened most often)...

I hadn't even tied it to FF3 specifically but I guess now that you mention it I've only been seeing it happen since FF3 was installed on either machine. I see it happen a lot less on this laptop though, it's hardly high-end but it's decidedly more powerful than the P4 system (even after I bumped it's RAM to 1.5GB)... Laptop's a T2300 1.6GHz with only 1GB RAM. Is there an actual connection to system resources/specs and the problem or was my experience just some kinda coincidence?

Oh and btw, with either system the problem would clear up if I simply closed up everything and re-opened Firefox, never had to re-install it or anything. I'm quite certain it happened a lot more on the old P4 before the RAM upgrade though, and it certainly happens a lot less on this somewhat more recent laptop.

Oh and btw, with either system the problem would clear up if I simply closed up everything and re-opened Firefox, never had to re-install it or anything. I'm quite certain it happened a lot more on the old P4 before the RAM upgrade though, and it certainly happens a lot less on this somewhat more recent laptop.
it happens in Opera too. I thought about using Opera so I popped in their forums and saw a couple threads on the same exact issues with Flash vids. so that means a problem that Flash randomly has with every browser that doesnt use activex.

I just completely uninstalled both IE Flash and the plugin and then installed Flash beta 10 plugin and stayed with Flash 9 for IE. so for so good.

Back