Google Helps Auto-Tune Your Web Server

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google announced today that it is launching a new module called mod_pagespeed that will auto-tune your webserver. Once installed it will learn at a geometric rate and become self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time. You've been warned. :eek:

Google has announced that it is launching a new module for the Apache HTTP server called mod_pagespeed that will perform many speed optimizations automatically. This means that rather than having to fine tune your server configuration for every site you setup, you can instead install the Apache module to optimize automagically.

He's climbing in yo windows, snatching yo people up trying to rape them. So you need to hide yer wife hide yer kids hide yer wife hide yer kids. And hide yer husbands cause they rapin everyone up in here.......

You don't have to come and confess...we're lookin' for you..

we gon' find you...we gon' find you

He's climbing in yo windows, snatching yo people up trying to rape them. So you need to hide yer wife hide yer kids hide yer wife hide yer kids. And hide yer husbands cause they rapin everyone up in here.......

You don't have to come and confess...we're lookin' for you..

we gon' find you...we gon' find you

Rofl, I make sure everyone has seen that music video.

Seems like something helpful, but isn't google the evil company now? Little spy bots come along with this to target you with ads?

thanks steve.

anyone try it?

seo is now primarily based on site speed/load times for google (and quality content) not meta tags.

Tuned to make Chrome work better and cause issues for Firefox and IE to make them look bad.

Rofl, I make sure everyone has seen that music video.

Seems like something helpful, but isn't google the evil company now? Little spy bots come along with this to target you with ads?

Google is mighty. Google doesn't need puny spybots to target you with ads. Google can do that already.

Google hopes that by making sites faster, it will reduce the amount of time spent at each site, which means people might spend the extra time doing google searches, which means more data mining and ad views per second.

Google's SEO Tactics has fueled the Spam Craze of the Last 10 years :mad:
Everyone has to have a high page-rank for their given site or they simply do not exist on the web, so how do they get it? They spam the shit out of blogs and forums
Its Ridiculous.. people have to stuff their URLs out there, everywhere just to get noticed.. its a Billion-Dollar industry, clogging up everything with BS. :mad:

We are Google. You will be assimilated. Your website will become our own. Resistance is futile.

GaryJohnson:

google adjusted their SEO rankings in 2010 to be heavily weighted based on site speed peformance (also low-errors in code)
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/site-speed/

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/04/using-site-speed-in-web-search-ranking.html

So they hope not only to help make the whole internet faster, but also to direct people to the fastest parts of the internet - I think for the same reason I cited above. Less time at sites, more time doing Google searches.

73731_496071052666_718497666_7661825_2534281_n.jpg

:p

google adjusted their SEO rankings in 2010 to be heavily weighted based on site speed peformance

They added it as a factor (theres over 200 factors that determine it), SEO is not heavily based on site speed at all and things like relevancy are much higher up the list.

The fact that it only affected 1% of search queries confirms that.

I feel like I've been missing out on a part of the internet by not having seen that lol...the autotune version especially. Definitely gives me even less respect for current music artists haha.

module steals your innermost thoughts in 3........2.......

I’m gonna be careful before installing this module! I’m planning on…

Backin up! Backin up! Back, back! Backing up! Cause my daddy taught me good!

Back