Google Invests in Transpacific Cable

HardOCP News

[H] News
Can’t own the airwaves? Cell phone biz not for you? Do the next best thing, invest in one of four transpacific cables.

Five telecommunications companies are Google's partners in building the 6,200-mile Unity fiber-optic cable between the U.S. and Japan. Google no longer appears to be going into the cell-phone business and analysts think Google is integrating vertically to control critical parts of Google's Internet business.

I hope it's a nice cable, especially with a $300 million price tag.
+1 for investing fiber to the home :p;)

I wonder if google was behind on the cable cutting the other day ;)

I don't know, google is becoming frightingly powerful.

Do not fear what you can own. Buy some stock, might as well make some money off of them before they do some evil. =D

Is there any company Google doesn’t want to own?:rolleyes:

Ahhh, now it makes sense why they cut cables in the middle east... they were drumming up business :D

I wonder if google was behind on the cable cutting the other day ;)

I don't know, google is becoming frightingly powerful.

Don't say that.... you'll have everyone here wearing foil hats and chanting about sharks with frikkin lazers attached to their heads :p:D:p:D

so much money, it just makes people very very greedy. Nonetheless, it is also a step in the right direction in terms of communication and commerce. Personally I would much rather like them to invest nationally first, rather than heading overseas for the market.

Back