Google Isn’t Buying Twitter Any Time Soon

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Google isn’t buying Twitter any time soon. Not really a surprise since Google’s CEO said last week that his company was content letting cash pile up .

I shouldn't talk about specific acquisitions. We're unlikely to buy anything in the short term partly because I think prices are still high. And it's unfortunate I think we're in the middle of a cycle. Google is generating a lot of cash. And so we keep that cash in extremely secure banks.

Google isnt stupid. The price of social networks was inflated from day one. They got plenty further to fall. And the revenue making model for the social networks is still infantile.

However, if there is anyone who can pull of ad revenue, non-invasively, intelligently, and elegantly, its Google. When will the rest of the world understand that all you need for an effective ad in the Glitz-hating post-dot-com-bubble world, is a relevant line of of text, turned into a link.

If they were smart, they'd turn their cash into gold or other currencies before the treasuries bubble bursts and the dollar bites the dust. :eek:

Back