Google Play Now Has Android Pay

HardOCP News

[H] News
Android Pay is finally available to everyone via Google Play. Of the 80k user reviews, over 43,600 gave it a five star while close to 12k gave it a one star. YMMV.

Android Pay is the simple and safe way to pay with your Android phone at over one million store locations across the US (and soon in apps). To set it up, just add your credit and debit cards. When you're ready to pay, simply unlock your phone, hold it near a contactless terminal, and you're good to go. You don't even need to open the app.

I read in someone's review for the app that if you're rooted with BusyBox installed, it will say your phone is incompatible. Uninstall BusyBox temporarily, and you should be able to install the app. I haven't verified this works.

Eh... I'm really ok with still caring a wallet around, and any fraud that occurs via the theft of that is a bit easier to deal with IMO... and it will probably be more obvious when I go "where the fuck did my credit card go"

Not compatible with my OnePlus One... oh well, nothing of value was lost.

It isn't? It installed on mine at some point apparently and I've got and NFC preference now in my settings.

I don't plan to ever use it, but was surprised to see it show up.

It isn't? It installed on mine at some point apparently and I've got and NFC preference now in my settings.

I don't plan to ever use it, but was surprised to see it show up.

He might have a custom ROM that's missing some of the proprietary files needed for Android Pay to work, or maybe he's rooted and hasn't tried a few of the workarounds to get it working on rooted devices.

Google Wallet was great and I used it regularly. Now that they updated it to Android Pay, it no longer works with a cooked ROM. Back to pulling out my credit card now.

Back