Google’s Schmidt Says Motorola Deal Won’t ‘Screw Up’ Android

HardOCP News

[H] News
Eric Schmidt, speaking to with Bloomberg Television, said Google's Motorola deal will not screw up Android.

“The Android ecosystem is the No. 1 priority, and that we won’t do anything with Motorola, or anybody else by the way, that would screw up the dynamics of that industry,” Schmidt said in an Oct. 1 interview with Bloomberg Television’s Erik Schatzker in Nantucket, Massachusetts. “We need strong, hard competition among all the Android players. We won’t play favorites in the way people are concerned about.”

Won't play favorites "...in the way people are concerned about." Okay then. Care to explain how Google will play favorites?

Won't play favorites "...in the way people are concerned about." Okay then. Care to explain how Google will play favorites?

I imagine some people are concerned that Google will implement features only available on Motorola phones and cripple Android on HTC, Samsung and other manufacturer's phone.

I imagine some people are concerned that Google will implement features only available on Motorola phones and cripple Android on HTC, Samsung and other manufacturer's phone.
Google is smarter than to bite the hand that feeds them

I would assume in the same way they currently do with the Nexus and GED devices, in addition to the "favoritism" that OHA members get earlier source drops.

It's going to be funny that Google will have to pay Microsoft to use Android.

Back