Google, Samsung Reportedly Considering BlackBerry Bids?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why would either of these two companies even consider buying BlackBerry?

It looks like some companies just can’t pass up a bargain. Few seemed to show real interest in BlackBerry back when the future was still up in the air, but now that think are looking incredibly bleak the company is reportedly drawing all kinds of feelers.

Patents, and the Business infrastructure BB has built up. Those are worth a couple Billion or so, at least.

BlackBerry still has quite a name for itself. Not so much here in California where all the real phones are created, but you go to somewhere like Boston and people are still like "durrrr blackberry!" when they are really just referring to smartphones in general.

That secure, encrypted email system was the envy of the world. Would be nice to have that in the arsenal when these companies go for the corporate market. This is where the next big surge in device sales will be. Also, there is a growing trend for BYOD (bring your own device) to the workplace and enterprises could restrict employee devices to the one who has such a messaging system.

Patents, trade secrets, etc... plus the large government contract that comes with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry still has quite a name for itself. Not so much here in California where all the real phones are created, but you go to somewhere like Boston and people are still like "durrrr blackberry!" when they are really just referring to smartphones in general.

Patents, trade secrets, etc... plus the large government contract that comes with BlackBerry.

Plus, outside the USA Blackberries are still very popular. You ride the Metro in Paris 1/2 the smartphones you see or Blackberries still.

They wont pass a mobile patent deal this time.
I bet they would have looked more closely at Palm in hindsight. Despite HP's total destruction of WebOS, the best mobile OS ever! (imho) it was a smart buy considering the mobile patent wars.
Still hate you HP, hope you all burn in HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Secure enterprise.

I think that the erosion of their security by government interests is a significant part of the reason Blackberry is dead. India, Pakistan, the US, actually a number of countries started demanding access to those secure e-mails or they were going to shut Bb down, once Bb agreed to the terms, it was like the sound of a nail gun on their coffin. Their lack of willingness to adapt and change screwed and glued the lid down as they started to slide.

I think that the erosion of their security by government interests is a significant part of the reason Blackberry is dead.

I would say the lack of apps and hardware choices were the nails in the coffin.
BB like Palm, did not change with the market. I love a phisical keyboard, but im a dying breed for sure. ;)

Back