Got a strange problem X-FI Titanium HD

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently got a Creative labs ZXR sound card. But because I had some minor driver issue with 2.1 speaker setup and I lost the +12dp boost for bass and treble balance in the tone tab in the windows audio control panel, I decided to bench the ZXR and put my old X-FI Titanium HD back. I reformatted to make sure I don't have any audio conflicts with old drivers/registry entries. I also cleared the DMI info in the BIOS.

Reformat went smoothly and everything is working correctly. But a few days ago I got something very strange I couldn't figure out. All of a sudden from a cold boot, the audio card (X-Fi Titanium HD) wasn't being detected anymore but it was detected fine with in the device manager. I rebooted, After the reboot the sound card was detected but there was no audio. So I changed the X-FI titanium HD settings from Entertainment mode to Game mode to Audio creation mode and back to Entertainment mode. As soon as I put it back to entertainment mode I got radio white noise on my headsets. So I just played a video and the static was still present and no video audio was being received. The static noise override everything. So I rebooted again. This time when windows started the static noise was still present. So I uninstalled everything creative labs (I only installed the drivers and the control panel. I didn't install anything from the CD itself). After I re-installed drivers everything is working as intended. No issues now. But I did check to see which IRQ the soundcard is using it's 16. The Same IRQ that my network card is using. Now what I just exhibited, was it an IRQ conflict? Do IRQ conflicts still exist with PnP motherboards and OS to this day and age? Just something that has been bothering me for a few days :)

Back