Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

does anyone else actually rock a setup like this? 20.1" dell lcd's are fairly cheap right now...

does anyone else actually rock a setup like this? 20.1" dell lcd's are fairly cheap right now...

I have three monitors, but not Dell 20.1"'s and I don't have them configured in that manner. Only my VP201s can be flipped on it's side like that, and I would never run it that way even if I had two of them to do that with.

do you mean you wouldn't run two 20.1"'s on the side in portrait mode or that you wouldn't run the three monitors with a spanned virtual desktop?

I'm getting ready to join the Dell 30" club (to complement my upcoming new build), and on a whim I checked if Costco Online carries this LCD. Lo and behold, they do! It's also the exact same price as the Dell site, $1269.00, but includes a 90-day complete money-back warranty (which can conveniently be processed at any brick and mortar Costco).

I was just wondering if anyone had purchased the 3007WFP-HC from Costco? Or is ordering through Jonathan Lucas, Dell SB, still the preferred method (what kind of discount have you guys been able to swing lately?). The only thing I'm somewhat worried about is that Dell might be shipping their "lower quality" revision panels to Costco Online, while selling the "better" panels through their own site. Other than this most likely unfounded concern, I'm not really seeing any reason reason to order through Dell rather than Costco Online.

Appreciate any feedback on the matter, thanks!

Im surprised seeing the pictures of this monitor at 2560 that the font does not look that small as others have complained about.
I was interested in this monitor but concerned about reading the print.
I guess it would be smaller on the internet and in windows than the game that is in the pictures..........but still does not look that bad.

Im surprised seeing the pictures of this monitor at 2560 that the font does not look that small as others have complained about.
I guess it would be smaller on the internet and in windows than the game that is in the pictures..........but still does not look that bad.

The text size seems to be about the same as it is on a monitor running at 1600x1200 or 1680x1050.

I upgraded from a 23" Sony to 30"HC and the font size is smaller. Enough where I just increased the font size and made the icons a little larger. Works out great. Otherwise they are very small.

Now a buddy of mine brought over his Westy 37" to my place for a LAN the other day. Boy was I impressed. Holy huge...I felt like I was back on my 23" Sony next to his. We did a lot of comparing... 8mp photos that I had In my Opinion looked slightly better on the Westy. Especially the colors. Even gaming was very close. I couldn't believe it. The downside for me was the internet...Clarity wasn't as good but large font in size. I consider myself to be pretty hard core when it comes to displays since I'm into games and photography. The Westy is solid.

Could you 30in HC owners give me some insight as to how it feels to be working with a large monitor daily. I'm thinking of upgrading from my dell 2407 to the 3007 HC, i've read the numerous reviews around and have gathered that its one of the if not the best gaming monitor on the market. But im curious as to how first hand experience is ? Do games feel more life like ? Are movies better on it than a HD 1080p TV ? Any other insight is appreciated, thanks.

At first it seemed huge, almost too big if that's possible. After 3-4 weeks it seems just right. Colors and clarity are awesome! Movies on the other hand are not that good. Sub par at best. DVD player on my TV looks better.

If your into gaming this monitor is excellent. I play a lot of BF2 and CS Source with all graphics turned up using a single 8800 GTS 640m. No issues at all.

Consider the Westy 37" if your into HD TV and console gaming as well.

I had both the Dell and Westy on my desk at the same time and preferred the Westy. I have has it for about a year now and am very happy with my purchase. When Costco had the Westy for $799 I was concidering a dual 37" setup :) But my desk was to small :)

Mac

Hi, i just recently got the Dell 3007WFP-HC and windows updated itself (new install) and self installed the Dell 3007WFP old driver dated 22/06/2005 and everytime i try installing the latest Dell 3007WFP-HC driver it just says check that the monitor is connected then the install window vanishes. This is bugging me as the manual says to use the latest driver to ensure optimisation of performance. Can anyone help?

how does the 3007 work with a HDMI connector? just seeing that this needs two DVIs. i was just hoping that i could use a PS3 or similar over HDMI and use aspect ration to fill the screen

is this possible??

how does the 3007 work with a HDMI connector? just seeing that this needs two DVIs. i was just hoping that i could use a PS3 or similar over HDMI and use aspect ration to fill the screen

is this possible??

Actually it does not use two dvi's. It uses a single dual link dvi interface.

Going to pick this up this week or next, any dell deal guru's have some tips on getting a good deal?

I was thinking about getting it here: http://www.abesofmaine.com/item=DL3007WFP~item.htm

Do I lose anything not buying the monitor from dell itself? Also when do the "weekly" deals change, so far its going on the start of the 2nd week of the same deals on monitors, before that the monitor was going for $1269 instead of $1499...would love to get that deal back. :(

My total from costco is 74$ higher than from my link because of tax and not being a member. But still, do I lose anything buying the monitor from Costco or where ever instead of from Dell or are the warrenties and support still there?

Just like to add myself to the 3007 owners list, I've orderd my 3007 WFP-HC 30" today and it should arrive at work tomorrow in time to test it and pack it back up to take home. It's nice to be part of this epic thread :D

Just like to add myself to the 3007 owners list, I've orderd my 3007 WFP-HC 30" today and it should arrive at work tomorrow in time to test it and pack it back up to take home. It's nice to be part of this epic thread :D

Congrats! :D:D:D:D

w00t...got this setup now, it's MENTAL, not only is this the biggest monitor i've ever used, it's also the best quality, reds really jump out at you, the viewing angles are fantastic, when I use it for TV eps from my sofa which is much lower than the desk the brightness doesn't change at all and the colours remain vivid.

I was worried about picture quality when scaling from resolutions like 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 but it actually looks pretty good with Nvidia scaling in the drivers.

Got in some gaming last night, TF2 in native res is a blast

2560x1600
All settings max
8xCSAA
16xAF

50-60 FPS on a full 24 player server

Also got some Flatout2 games in, destruction derby style rampage with my new logitech steering wheel and pedals, it's just like being in a real arcade :D

w00t...got this setup now, it's MENTAL, not only is this the biggest monitor i've ever used, it's also the best quality, reds really jump out at you, the viewing angles are fantastic, when I use it for TV eps from my sofa which is much lower than the desk the brightness doesn't change at all and the colours remain vivid.

Also got some Flatout2 games in, destruction derby style rampage with my new logitech steering wheel and pedals, it's just like being in a real arcade :D

Congrats and welcome to the club :D

Thanks for letting us know, cause reading your post give a thrill, just remembering the joy of the moment I got that monitor.

For me it is a great work monitor and an even better game monitor, and my kids and I share lots of great moments gaming together.

Please post some pics when you got it all set up.

regards

Congradulations! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have. I am dumbfounded at how much life this thread has had. This monitor , it would seem is the " 9800pro" of monitors

Congradulations! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have. I am dumbfounded at how much life this thread has had. This monitor , it would seem is the " 9800pro" of monitors

Well this monitor was once the holy grail of monitors. It still pretty much is, but as an added bonus the standard 3007WFP was selling for bargain pricing compared to what it started out at. It's still too expensive for most, but for a number of professionals and gamers it finally fell within a psuedo "reasonable" price range. The 3007WFP-HC even started out at a fairly reasonable price and is a nice improvement over the original. It also helps that if anyone has any problems with these monitors, Dell has taken care of it quickly. Basically the 3007 series monitors became a good deal to anyone with $1200 or so in their pockets ready to go.

I've got the older version, and I see no reason to upgrade anytime soon. I'm 100% satisfied with mine.

I work in sales for Dell Inc. and I have one 10% coupon code left, that will expire in a few days. As I won't be using the coupon I'd like to offer it up for someone to use. It is only valid once, and since this is an employee discount (or their friends) coupon it *WILL* stack with the current Dell price.

$1499
- 15% current sale price = $224.85 discount
- 10% employee coupon = $127.42 discount

Grand total of $1146.73, with free 3-5 day shipping.

I would strongly encourage anyone buying this monitor to buy the complete care package, it's accidental/electrical damage, and for the standard 3 year advance exchange, this starts off at $84.

PS: I also have a 15% off outlet (refurbished) monitors as well. This one might have already been used. While I've never personally seen a 24 or a 30 inch monitor in the outlet site, it's worth mentioning you can get a great price on the E228WFP using it.

These two coupons expire on November 2nd.

Cheers!

I work in sales for Dell Inc. and I have one 10% coupon code left, that will expire in a few days. As I won't be using the coupon I'd like to offer it up for someone to use. It is only valid once, and since this is an employee discount (or their friends) coupon it *WILL* stack with the current Dell price.

$1499
- 15% current sale price = $224.85 discount
- 10% employee coupon = $127.42 discount

Grand total of $1146.73, with free 3-5 day shipping.

I would strongly encourage anyone buying this monitor to buy the complete care package, it's accidental/electrical damage, and for the standard 3 year advance exchange, this starts off at $84.

PS: I also have a 15% off outlet (refurbished) monitors as well. This one might have already been used. While I've never personally seen a 24 or a 30 inch monitor in the outlet site, it's worth mentioning you can get a great price on the E228WFP using it.

These two coupons expire on November 2nd.

Cheers!

Given the magnitude of this thread and what it has done for Dell 30 sales, I think that all the sales people that benifited from said sales should cowboy up and buy me another HC :D

Congrats and welcome to the club :D

Thanks for letting us know, cause reading your post give a thrill, just remembering the joy of the moment I got that monitor.

For me it is a great work monitor and an even better game monitor, and my kids and I share lots of great moments gaming together.

Please post some pics when you got it all set up.

regards

I swear I'm still grinning like a kid who just got his first kiss or something.

I did take pics when unpacking and setting up but I don't have a decent camera, only my crap 1.3Mpixel phone cam which just looks terrible, but still, here is the final setup

my.php

Again apologise for the crap picture, it's all I can do until I get a decent camera.

Also I should say that this is the WFP-HC revision, the colour is just amazing, I had about 11% digital vibrance enabled with my old 22" samsung and when I first plugged the 3007 in it was just too much, I only realised a while after that DV was still on and quickly killed it down to 3% and honestly it still twice as vivid, it's amazing S-IPS is just unbelieveable quality.

Given the magnitude of this thread and what it has done for Dell 30 sales, I think that all the sales people that benifited from said sales should cowboy up and buy me another HC :D

For what it's worth, very few salespeople actually benefit from threads such as this. Dell does, to be sure. (salespeople are paid on what they sell, not what the website sells, go figure)

Personally I'm jealous of people who own a 30 inch screen. It just wouldn't work for me though, I don't have the space for one!

Again apologise for the crap picture, it's all I can do until I get a decent camera.

Sweet, a thing of beauty!!!

Question. What do you do when you play racing games? Do you move the steering wheel to the middle of the screen?

Yeah, I slide the steering wheel over and lock that in place and the same with the pedals under the desk (I cant keep it center desk all the time as it obscures the screen and covers my keyboard). I was playing Flatout 2 on destruction derby mode in 2560x1600 with max settings, rampaging around in a big jeep smashing the crap out of other cars, it looks so damn nice, and with that sized screen so close it's just like being in an arcade with your peripheral vision filled, even force feedback on the wheel :)

You could be right - so hard to know - no one else I know has this monitor.

I have a 3007wfp-hc, and if the brightness is less than full with the monitor controls, there is a buzz coming from back of the upper right corner. Noticeable in a quiet room. Visually it looks great when calibrated, no dead pixels, and I have been able to turn down the brightness via the NVidia controls. Still, I was really hoping for perfection for $1350.

A funny rant (that I somewhat agree with!):

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/26/charlie-rants-dell

He doesn't even mention the heat, buzz on any brightness other than high, and the mandatory calibration to get it looking right. I still like mine, but it might be going back to Costco on the 89th day... ;)

The author of that article is a total and utter moron.

It's no massive secret that this panel only has 1 input and only 3 controls, every single review of this monitor (of which there are many) mention these flaws.

Honestly, as someone who is only intending to use this monitor directly linked to a PC, and who can pipe external connections through my video card I'm exceedingly happy with it, I don't believe the panel NEEDS anymore controls other than brightnes, both ATI and Nvidia offer a whole range of basic colour, contrast and brightness controls in the drivers which are perfect for altering the picture.

The drivers can also scale images how you like so the monitor has no problem displaying non native resolutions, the scaling Nvidia does is no worse than the internal scaling of other monitors so the end result is the same, non-native resolution is imperfect, in fact it's about the only monitor I know of that has 2 native resolutions, simply because it's got enouh real estate to allow a 2x2 block of pixels to represent 1 single pixel colour, and drop the res to 1/4 the size (1280x800) which is still larger than the lower of the 2 HD standards (which is 1280x720)

I suspect the primary reason behind the lack of inputs is that most of the cables lack the bandwidth to supply a 2560x1600 resolution @ 60Hz, it NEEDs a dual linked DVI connection to supply max res which suggests to me that other inputs simply could not produce a large enough picture to fill the screen.

Also note that in that article (or the comments I cant remember) someone says it doesn't support HDCP over dual link, but it does, it's the video cards which don't support it yet.

Also note that in that article (or the comments I cant remember) someone says it doesn't support HDCP over dual link, but it does, it's the video cards which don't support it yet.

It is true that the lack of HDCP over dual link is due to GPU limitations (like my 8800GTX :( ), but I would like to point out that there are now GPUs that support this, like the 8600GTS and even some 8600GT(s).

The author of that article is a total and utter moron.

It's no massive secret that this panel only has 1 input and only 3 controls, every single review of this monitor (of which there are many) mention these flaws.

Honestly, as someone who is only intending to use this monitor directly linked to a PC, and who can pipe external connections through my video card I'm exceedingly happy with it, I don't believe the panel NEEDS anymore controls other than brightnes, both ATI and Nvidia offer a whole range of basic colour, contrast and brightness controls in the drivers which are perfect for altering the picture.

The drivers can also scale images how you like so the monitor has no problem displaying non native resolutions, the scaling Nvidia does is no worse than the internal scaling of other monitors so the end result is the same, non-native resolution is imperfect, in fact it's about the only monitor I know of that has 2 native resolutions, simply because it's got enouh real estate to allow a 2x2 block of pixels to represent 1 single pixel colour, and drop the res to 1/4 the size (1280x800) which is still larger than the lower of the 2 HD standards (which is 1280x720)

I suspect the primary reason behind the lack of inputs is that most of the cables lack the bandwidth to supply a 2560x1600 resolution @ 60Hz, it NEEDs a dual linked DVI connection to supply max res which suggests to me that other inputs simply could not produce a large enough picture to fill the screen.

I think it had to do with all what you mentioned and the fact that all other inputs would need a hardware-based scaler which scales to the target resolution of the panel. At this resolution these chips are still quite expensive and we are only just beginning to see them being used such as in the Gateway XHD3000.

Back