Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

Kherozene said:
i want to get a screen that is great for gamingand is fairly big, the dell has a 15 day no questions asked return policy so i'll see how that goes first, as for games do you play many fps, wow, rts? if yes how does it look compared to other monitors on the market?
thanks

I play UT2004, Dark Messiah, BF2142, Star Wars Empire at War, NFSMW, FEAR, Quake 4 and others.

I do not play MMO's because I don't like them. So I have no idea how WoW looks on it.

cmacclel said:
The great thing about the dell is the half resolution with ZERO scaling is 1280 x 800. It just makes every 4 pixels turn into 1 pixel.

Mac

Do you have any pictures of this in action? If so this would be great because I don't want to game at the monitor's native resolution! My Opteron+7800GT setup will not be able to play the latest games at that resolution with acceptable framerates. If what you say is true, then I will use basic stuff such as MS Office at native res and game at low res.

Sgt_Strider said:
Do you have any pictures of this in action? If so this would be great because I don't want to game at the monitor's native resolution! My Opteron+7800GT setup will not be able to play the latest games at that resolution with acceptable framerates. If what you say is true, then I will use basic stuff such as MS Office at native res and game at low res.

I don't have pictures of this, but I can confirm that it does indeed do this, and look good while doing it.

Sgt_Strider said:

You will find your pictures @1280 in the first few pages, COD was used

jacuzz1 said:
You will find your pictures @1280 in the first few pages, COD was used

Unfortunately, the links no longer work when I click on it. I want to see the enlarged pictures.

Besides the native resolution of 2560x1600, the next "best" resolution would be 1280x800? I don't want to use the other resolutions because not only are they non-native, but since they don't factor into the native resolution properly, IQ will be bad. I'm assuming since 1280x800 resolution is half of the native resolution, even texts are legible? Or I shouldn't bother? I can't stand reading texts on non-native resolutions as it's very hard to read.

Sgt_Strider said:
Unfortunately, the links no longer work when I click on it. I want to see the enlarged pictures.

Besides the native resolution of 2560x1600, the next "best" resolution would be 1280x800? I don't want to use the other resolutions because not only are they non-native, but since they don't factor into the native resolution properly, IQ will be bad. I'm assuming since 1280x800 resolution is half of the native resolution, even texts are legible? Or I shouldn't bother? I can't stand reading texts on non-native resolutions as it's very hard to read.

Actually, non-native resolutions scale VERY well on this monitor. Especially when playing games. The difference between the non-native and native resolutions isn't as big as you might think. Sure the Windows desktop isn't quite as pretty, but it isn't bad.

When I first connected this monitor my desktop came up in 1680x1050 (the resolution of my old monitor) and it looked suprisingly good. Monitor scaling gets better and better all the time. The Dell 3007WFP scales lower resolution images better than any panel I've ever seen.

cmacclel said:
I'd get the Westy 37W3 then if your more into gaming. I have my Dell 30" boxed up and ready to go back, I'm keeping the 37W3. The color's and whites all look much better on the Westy, but if you need the pixels then the Dell is your only choice.

Two other things that I didn't like about the dell where

- Red glow on the screen if you where not looking at it dead on

-Screen Sparkly's whats with Dell and these sparkly screens! On the 30" it's not bad but still noticable.

MAc

i live in australia so i can't get the westy without the no warranty risks. so maybe if the color are that great the HP LP3065 will be the one?

too all that own a Dell 3007,

My 3007 produces horizontal lines (also known as "image tearing") when I play HD 1080i. I have tried everything I can withing ATi CCC panel and nothing will resolve this.

Examples of those HD videos are the trailers on the apple website.

Do you also get this issue while playback of HD 1080i video?

I just purchased the Apple 30" Cinema Display tonight and hooked it to the rig in my sig. It's a gorgeous monitor! However, since there is no driver support for it I get green dots when I exit games, it's especially bad if I crank the in game resolution past 1600 X 1200 in some games, but not all. I'll have hundreds of green dots on my screen, about the size of a pixel.

Can anyone tell me that the 3007 does not do this same thing? I would hope it dosen't, since there is plenty of driver support for it.

Ok guys I need your help

I was gonna wait on dells 25% price drop on the 2407 around christmas, but those Dell bastards just dropped $400 on the 3007 :p

I had some white paper @ home so I made a 2407 model and 3007 model and put it up on the wall... boy that 3007 is friggin HUGE

So, $884 for the 2407 or $1632 for the 3007... *cries*

Just thinking about playing Crysis new game on the 3007 makes me drool, but honestly, the 2407 size just feels better then that monster 3007

The 3007 is the same price as the Benq24WZ" model here... which I thought about getting also..

My comp

P4E 3.2 (old and slow, gonna get conroe in jan/feb)
Ram: 2GB PC3200
ATI: XT1950XTX

Think I can play WoW @ native with that setup on the 3007 monitor without problem?

Moneyproblem isnt the issue here, its the sheer size of the monitors, what feels comfortable to play/look/use .. Monitors is something you invest in for a couple of years

I created a mockup of the 2407 and the 3007 too, and yes the 3007 looked huge! You can stare at a mockup all day, but in the end you have to see the real thing up close and personal to get a feel for it. This was my first LCD, so believe me I was more than alittle leary about dropping $1400 on it. After using it for 3weeks I can tell you that it's something that cannot be explained -it has to be experienced! I sit 3ft away from it and its large but I don't find it overpowering. For immersion in FPS or Flightsims there is nothing like it!

I haven't upgraded yet either, I run a P4 3.2, 1GB, 6800GT AGP system at 1280x800 (LCD's second native res.) - no problems to report. The only way your going to know if its right for you is to order it and see it for yourself, if its not, then you can call Dell up and say you want the 2407 instead. I don't think they would have a problem with that. :)

I have had my 30"for about a month now. Recently, I saw the 2407 in person, and I have to tell you that the 24" is a great monitor, and you really can't go wrong with the 30".

But....................for my money, the 30" is the way to go.

ok so I take it no one gets any image tearing while playing hd 1080i videos on the 3007?

Ok - this thread is 76 pages long.

Exactly what page are the pics on? lol :D

So...nobody gets hundreds of green dots on their screen after playing games at high resolution?

My 30" Apple Cinema Display does this. I hope it's just a lack of proper driver support. I just bought the HP display last night so I hope this does not do it.

no i dont get any green pixels/dots on my screen...Its been AMAZING for everything apart from HD 1080i videos that produce image tearing during play (you can find hd videos from the apple website, they have hd movie trailers there).

Just need to know if this issue is the screen itself OR the graphics cards.

hga77 said:
no i dont get any green pixels/dots on my screen...Its been AMAZING for everything apart from HD 1080i videos that produce image tearing during play (you can find hd videos from the apple website, they have hd movie trailers there).

Just need to know if this issue is the screen itself OR the graphics cards.

That'd be a problem with the application you're using for playback.

Thats insane how close you guys are to that 30' monster should be at least 2 armlengths away for your eyes sake o_O

Anyone using this monitor with a Mac? Since there are no front panel controls can you adjust the settings from within OS X?

mista ting said:
Thats insane how close you guys are to that 30' monster should be at least 2 armlengths away for your eyes sake o_O

If I was two arm lengths away, I wouldn't be able to see the text of the Windows desktop. I've also never understood people that put the huge displays so far away that you might as well be looking at a 17 inch monitor at a normal viewing distance.

On most desk configurations, your monitor will only be about three feet away from your eyes. In most cases, more like two. At twice the distance, I might as well be looking at a widescreen 15 inch display.

All,

I ordered the Dell 30" this weekend, and have one question: does it come with a dual-link DVI cable, or do I need to supply my own? Dell was trying to sell them as an add-on for "more than monster cable" pricing, so I said no thanks.

--Mark

Are there any Windows based laptops that support dual-link DVI? Last time I checked, the Apple machines were the only ones with dual link capability. That dog just ain't gonna hunt.

Booger said:
Are there any Windows based laptops that support dual-link DVI? Last time I checked, the Apple machines were the only ones with dual link capability. That dog just ain't gonna hunt.

Get the MacBook and run windows on it.

just orderd the 3007!

5-7 days before it arrives, wooooooooooho! gonna rock playing crysis game on this baby

mista ting said:

Thats is one of the reasons why I returned the Dell. You needed to be like 1-2 feet away with the super high rez to see the text. I have a bid desk and the Dell would of had to sit in the middle of it where my Westy 37w3 could sit all the way back.

Mac

Dan_D said:
If I was two arm lengths away, I wouldn't be able to see the text of the Windows desktop. I've also never understood people that put the huge displays so far away that you might as well be looking at a 17 inch monitor at a normal viewing distance.

On most desk configurations, your monitor will only be about three feet away from your eyes. In most cases, more like two. At twice the distance, I might as well be looking at a widescreen 15 inch display.

QFT!

have dell got any updates to this monitor planned? only ask as when i first got a 2405 a year later the 2407s came and dont want a similar thing happening again

Yaka said:
have dell got any updates to this monitor planned? only ask as when i first got a 2405 a year later the 2407s came and dont want a similar thing happening again

Well she will ba a year old in Feb. I would not be surprised.

Yaka said:

Your worried about 1 years time? Dude if you think like that in the Computer industry you would NEVER buy anything :)

Mac

cmacclel said:
Your worried about 1 years time? Dude if you think like that in the Computer industry you would NEVER buy anything :)

Mac
LOL, yeah this is 100% true. If you think like that you will NEVER buy anything electronics. Its the Nature of the beast. Buy today something new comes out tomorrow.

The G80 cards cannot output HDCP compliant signals across Dual Link. What a bummer ! So I guess we have to wait for the R600 to find out if ATI cares about WQXGA users :(

And I'd looked forward to purchasing a G80 and watching HD-DVD movies from a XBox360 unit attached to the PC. Won't happen now I guess :mad:

Yaka said:
g80 cards dont?;/ shame i was thinking of getting one when i upgrade after xmas

I have a seperate device for that purpose

Mits.jpg

jacuzz1 said:
I have a seperate device for that purpose

Mits.jpg

I agree jacuzz1, the 3007 aint a TV display. I am thinking of getting the Sharp LC52XD1E ( That's the LC52D65U for you Americans ) but there are so many reports of "banding" that it now looks like I'll be waiting for a couple of months till Sharp gets its act in gear.

Till then the 3007 will have to stand in and it looks like there are no video cards out there that can output a HDCP compliant Dual-Link signal :(

Back