Got My Leadtek 6600GT in.

sohcugy

Limp Gawd
It installed simple enough, was almost the exact same physical size as my FX5500. I ran WarCraft and could crank almost everything up, have to re-enter to change everything like Ani-tropic?, etc. Just to see I ran

3Dmark2003 got 7030, up from 1400(overclocked FX5500)
3Dmark2005 got 2792. up from 290(overclocked FX5500)
These numbers may not be quite as high as some reviews, but remember this is an XP3200+ processor, not an Athlon64, It's a compaq motherboard that doesn't have aparture setting adjustments, and accepts a 400mhz FSB but downclocks it to 333mhz once it get to the northbridge, even with PC3200. Overall this card is insane compared to my FX5500!
*Note - the card came in perfect shape (no capaciters broken) and installed easily.

Haha sweet. Glad to hear that everything came and worked the first time. I just had a DOA XFX version come. I'm not too happy about it. I may get the leadtek now.

Your computer is not exactly awesome, but you should be able to get a better 3DMark05 score than 2,792.

Try some beta ForceWare drivers like the 71.20's.

Yea i think you should get more in 3dmark 2005 than that, even though ur comp isnt all that good its good enuff, i think theres something wrong.
my friends P4 at 3.6 Ghz gets 3dmark 2005 score of 2700, he has latest drivers too. I wonder why.

Yeah the drivers I have are the 66.93 I believe off of Nvidia's site. Remember this Compaq motherboard is a POS. I think if it recognized my PC3200 and ran at 400MHZ it would make a difference but I'll download the beta drivers just to see.

Doesn't cost alot, so give me the money to do it! :p I upgrade my MB and CPU about once every two years. This was the first and last time I buy a prebuilt, I had a string of frying a cpu and not getting the next one to run right so I bought a Compaq to save the headache, I now find that they cheap out on EVERYTHING to get the price $1 cheaper.

Using driver cleaner and the new beta drivers my 3dmark2003 went to 7090 and 3dmark2005 went to 3017, not to shabby for just drivers. :)

Kinda unneccessary side-note, but you might wanna show off that badboy in your sig ;)

Also, my friend had an e-machine with a Socket-A AthlonXP which we switched him an MSI board for. Wasn't too difficult or hard to do at all really. For the $100 or less it would cost, it would definately be worth it you get your bus back up to 200MHz (400 effective) and bring the games up a bit. Also don't worry about synthetic benches unless you're an overclocking maniac or a bencher. As long as games play fine, you're fine.

didnt feel like starting a new thread so ill ask it here.
would a 300 watts + dual fan enermax psu be enough to power up a 2600+ barton @ 3200+ (400 mhz fsb) 1 gig pc 3200, one 40 gigs ata 133 and one 60 gigs ata 100, 2 cd burner + a 6600 gt ? its running the 9700 pro oced pretty damn fine but i m not sure it could handle a 6600gt :/

Eh, to be sure, post a new thread under the Power Supply forum...Ice Czar is the PSU Gawd around here ;)

Cool, glad it works so well, my leadtek is here right now
Dec 31, 2004 2:18 pm Arrived at Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS, IN
It will be here on Tue.. i have amd 64 3000+ i will post results once i get it. :)

Back