Got my w2207

aarong50

n00b
Just got my w2207 and it is absolutely stunning. I have to go to work so I wont be able to post pictures until about 3-4 a.m. eastern time. Sorry I know a lot of people are wanting to see this thing in action. Check back in the morning for update with pics also if anyone wants to request a specific angle let me know. BTW I am in a room with an 80watt bulb right above me and I have absolutely no glare.

Here is one pic I took. You can see some smudging when the camera flashes but its not something you can see with the naked eye. More pics to come later.

:) Well, congratulations!!!

Did you connect it digitally? Try it, it's even more stunning. I'll have several questions for after you've fully configured it and settled into your normal working routine.

People who want photos: be adviced that they'll look only as well as your monitor can render them. And, even if you have a very good monitor, still, the pictures won't do justice to a monitor like the w2207.

:) Well, congratulations!!!
People who want photos: be adviced that they'll look only as well as your monitor can render them. And, even if you have a very good monitor, still, the pictures won't do justice to a monitor like the w2207.

Unless you have a monitor thats better than the w2207.. like a 2407/2707/3007WFP.. :)

Right now it is connected through vga and it looks amazing. I ordered a DVI cable so I will be able to connect it digitally soon.

I'm considering returning the awful Samsung 226 and picking this one up.

Do you guys think the w2007 will have exactly the same specs as the 22" version? I want to head over to the store and pick up the 20" right now. I noticed it's the same resolution, so the picture quality theoretically should be better on the 20".

Alright I went for the w2207 and WOW!!! I have never seen a computer display so nice. This thing sits on the nicest stand you could ask for (rotates 90 degrees, tilts forward/back, and is vertically adjustable. I'm in a well-lit room and the glare, for a gloss screen, ain't bad one bit.

The picture quality on this beats Samsung's 226bw by a mile!

Edit: Noticed a stuck pixel in the bottom left corner and one in the top right. Will be swappin it for another one but other than that issue, it's unbelievably sexy.

I wonder who makes the LCD Panel for Hp?.I hope they dont do what others have done and go with different panel suppliers.

For that price, much rather have the Dell 2007 WS panel. I just can't stand TN panels, I used two in the past and never could get the colors the way I like it.

For that price, much rather have the Dell 2007 WS panel. I just can't stand TN panels, I used two in the past and never could get the colors the way I like it.

For gaming, though, TN panels are fine, aren't they? Colour accuracy isn't as important, i would've thought.

If you wanna see a stunning site with stunning pictures with your new, superior, monitor, got to http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/. Make sure you also get the Java driven commercials which flank the window. There virtually is a bath of colors on a fully black background. You can then appreciate the black color capabilities of the w2207.

I wouldn't look at this monitor from a strictly gaming point of view. Gaming is just one aspect and I don't think that when designing this monitor HP had only gaming in mind, since its stunning colors, cristal clear graphics and even though very bright and having a high contrast, it's easy on the eye, without even mentioning that great stand. It's also incredibly pleasing to look at. The only gripe I have is the limited viewing angles for both dimentions. I think other far lesser monitors have better viewing angle properties.

Specific to the viewing angles, those who already have the w2207, how much do you have to move your head from head on in the center to already see darkening over both dimensions (vertical and horizontal)? Of course, please use white or light gray background.

Another thing, the speakers. Well, they're of the usual pathetic kind, however imho more than sufficient for Windows' work sounds.

Stan, I thought about the same thing panel wise, however, I know HP from a long time. They're reliable. I used to work a lot with their electronic measuring instruments which are absolutely superior. I can't vouch for them 100% as far as their consumer products, but they've proven to be solid, even though their warranty for this monitor is crap, unless they are unwaveringly confident about its quality.

And yes, as Mansize said, it's a 6 bit panel, though its color palette totally flored me. Sometimes, especially on yellow and other yellowish colors one can detect very subtle banding. Nothing major though, you really have to look for it. Interestingly, banding won't show up when running Eizo or Nokia.

Can we get more pics please? Or if you want you could put your pics in the other thread. I wanna see the monitor's base, it looks kind of big. Thanks.

I wouldn't look at this monitor from a strictly gaming point of view. Gaming is just one aspect and I don't think that when designing this monitor HP had only gaming in mind, since its stunning colors, cristal clear graphics and even though very bright and having a high contrast, it's easy on the eye, without even mentioning that great stand.

I don't think people are looking at as strictly for gaming only but for people that do game, it's a big deal whether or not a monitor handles games well.

To a gamer, if a monitor is great at everything but has issues with gaming, then it's not worth buying. It has to be great in games and hopefully good at everything else.

I prefer Matte screen's myself, and I will never buy another TN panel. They are just not worth the money.

The main drawback of TN technology is the poor viewing angles, right? And if you're a gamer and don't move your head much (not that i can think of any reasons to do so anyway) wouldn't a monitor using a TN panel suffice? Their price certainly is one of their most attractive "features" (calling it that because it's probably the best thing going for them).

Back