Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

w00t !!
My new Westy-37" 1080P shipped today-----total price (incl Tax n' Freight) = $888.40,
I ordered it late Sat. nite, Dlvry date is est. 4 June.
Anyway, I told my local Costco Store (the lady at Service desk) that I had just bot a Westy-37" at Costco online-----and she said "If u decide u dont like it just bring it here to the store, within next 90 days, and we'll give u all yer $$ back including tax and freight, no arguments, no hassle".
:D wow, Costco, you iz OK :D
Also, Congrats to all you other guys who got shipped today.:D

w00t !!
My new Westy-37" 1080P shipped today-----total price (incl Tax n' Freight) = $888.40,
I ordered it late Sat. nite, Dlvry date is est. 4 June.
Anyway, I told my local Costco Store (the lady at Service desk) that I had just bot a Westy-37" at Costco online-----and she said "If u decide u dont like it just bring it here to the store, within next 90 days, and we'll give u all yer $$ back including tax and freight, no arguments, no hassle".
:D wow, Costco, you iz OK :D
Also, Congrats to all you other guys who got shipped today.:D

What version firmware do you have? Thanks!

I am using mine right now, can someone dig up how I check my firmware?

No dead pixles might I add, 1 stuck but fixed

Time to test a Westing 37 to the Sharp 32 hehe,

Thanks again for the people in this thread for information.

Hey guys! I may be ordering a 37" westie from costco tomorrow and I want to wall mount it. Can someone please suggest a good bracket? I don't want to pay too much, and it doesn't need to be tilted- just flat.

Thanks

Hey guys! I may be ordering a 37" westie from costco tomorrow and I want to wall mount it. Can someone please suggest a good bracket? I don't want to pay too much, and it doesn't need to be tilted- just flat.

Thanks

Monoprice.com for brackets and cables

Hey guys, i got a question... i ordered the westy from costco and i guess UPS is delivering it. I live in an apartment one flight of stairs up from the entrance... will UPS help me bring the TV up to my apartment?

If not, is it hard to push the tv up some steps? We're talking maybe 15 steps to get upstairs (with one flat part in between to take a break). I'm above average in strength (used to lift weights a little bit), but i'm not a monster or anything.

I was wondering, about the guy who said that he would tell the UPS guy to wait for him to test it before sign for it. Is this allowed? Possible? Because it would suck if I have to pay to ship it back in case it's damaged.
By the way, mine arriving on 6/4/07 as well.
Hey guys, i got a question... i ordered the westy from costco and i guess UPS is delivering it. I live in an apartment one flight of stairs up from the entrance... will UPS help me bring the TV up to my apartment?

If not, is it hard to push the tv up some steps? We're talking maybe 15 steps to get upstairs (with one flat part in between to take a break). I'm above average in strength (used to lift weights a little bit), but i'm not a monster or anything.
The westy is suppost to weight 64lbs in the box. That should give you an idea. So yeah, is possible.

The 42" box is ~70lbs. I'm only about 150 and in average shape, but I had no problem carrying the box alone. More bulky than heavy. The 37" should be easier to handle.

just got my LVM-42w2 for $1000 shipped (through newegg), and everything looks great albeit a bit bigger. I think the 42" is still a perfectly viable alternative for computer use at 3-4 feet. Maybe my eyes are just bad? heh:D

So I've had my Westy 37" for a while and LOVE it.

Last night I was working on my PC and the side of the case rubbed against the screen putting a VERY small line/scratch on the screen. I almost threw up. Seriously I got sick and mad at myself for being so STUPID!

Well, I fired up the monitor and PC and it still looks great. Couldn't see it at all so I felt a little better. The time between it happening and turning it on was excruciating.

Since it isn't bad at all, I am not sure I even want to consider "repairing" it somehow. If I were to attempt to repair it, what would any of you suggest?

Daines

Hey u guys i just got my westy 37 but im having problems with pc via dvi. How do i set it to 1080p the reason why i ask is because everytime i start up my pc all the letters and pictures are blurry until i change the input source and back to dvi input and everything is clear? I need help please.

Hey fellas,
Just got mine yesterday. This thing is an absolute beauty. What distance do you guys sit away from it? I see alot of people have the Ikea Jerker. I have the 2nd version which is exactly like the one in the picture above. It seems a bit close. What do you guys think? I'm around 3 feet away from the monitor.

Quick question about hooking this up to a laptop.

I would like to be able to shut my laptop and be able to still work on my computer rather than have it go into standby mode and I cannot find that setting anywhere. Does anybody know which option it would be under?

edit: I found it, for the curious it is under power options in the control panel.

Hey fellas,
Just got mine yesterday. This thing is an absolute beauty. What distance do you guys sit away from it? I see alot of people have the Ikea Jerker. I have the 2nd version which is exactly like the one in the picture above. It seems a bit close. What do you guys think? I'm around 3 feet away from the monitor.

As you see in my picture its about 3 feet away, I tried the dual 24 inch setup and honestly i guess since I am used to the size of the westy and I was a little annoyed with the rez making everything look so small. I guess pretty much most people have this problem once they try a smaller monitor coming from the westy.

My Westy LVM-37W3 showed up today via UPS. I ordered it from Costco.com on the 25th and the box arrived in perfect condition. The screen is perfect without any dead or stuck pixels that I can see. Firmware is v1.8. This thing is beautiful at 1920x1080.

This is going to take some getting used to. But man this is an awesome screen. Very clear, very bright, and vivid. I don't know if it's going to be my monitor of choice or not, but I'll give it a couple of days. I love that I can read anything on the screen from many feet away! :)

Hi all... still plutonic techie love with my westy, but i'm tired of seeing the back of it (yes, we have a small place and I have the office setup sharing space at the back of the livingroom), so I'm going to restructure my office area with a new L-shaped desk, but want some input.. I want something about 70" by 70" in the L directions, wood top so I can make wire holes... I saw this one which looked nice..

Desk 1

any other suggestions?

i heard 1.0 is the newest?

westinghouse uses some weird version system

it goes like 1.6-> 1.8-> 1.0 (back to 1.0)...

can anyone verify this?

that is really weird..

shame that i got version 1.0

what is the difference between 1.0 and 1.8?

Some people said 1.8 fixed the PS3 blinking issue over HDMI, but that doesn't matter now because Sony has officially fixed the PS3 problem. ;)
I have 2 westies ver. 1.0 and they work like charm! :)

Some people said 1.8 fixed the PS3 blinking issue over HDMI, but that doesn't matter now because Sony has officially fixed the PS3 problem. ;)
I have 2 westies ver. 1.0 and they work like charm! :)

nice~ good to hear. thanks for the info!

Got mine shipped form costco this afternoon. No dead pixels, its perfect. Im lovin pip. Tryin to get my harmony remote configured just perfect. I have my cable box hooked up using the component cables and noticed significant ghosting on golf in hd. Can that be the component cables. I will see how the nba game looks tonight in hd. I couldnt be happier with my purchase. I will take pic later tonight. I have a small desk and I love how this thing fills it up.

I'm totally pleased with this monitor after having used it for about four hours. PC looks great over DVI and what I failed to notice is when the Westy showed up via UPS, so did my copy of Forza 2! So I had 1920x1080P Forza 2 goodness on this thing and it was sweet. I've been using my Samsung 32" 720P LCD for the last six months or so and it looks great too, but not as good as the Westy. So today when I disconnected the VGA cable from the Samsung and hooked it up to the Westy, I noticed only the right speaker was working. Well it turns out that the whole time I've had my Xbox 360, I've only had one speaker working! On the Samsung it has a weird speaker arrangement and it's hard to separate the sound, unlike on the Westy. The cheap VGA cable wasn't even soldered right on one of the terminals, so after I fixed that the Westy came to life with stereo audio. The speakers are not that great, but work fine for gaming from the 360. Better than I expected actually, but they sounded like crap with only one working!

Awesome display, awesome game. It's a good day. :)

I think I'll be able to say goodbye to my Dell 2407FPW and the 32" Samsung since this will take care of both needs in my computer room.

Yay. Nice! I was able to land an Ikea Jerker on craigs too. Gonna be a sweet setup soon :) Albeit, its not black but birch wood; But I can't be picky as its discontinued. Comes with the top shelf too!

I'm totally pleased with this monitor after having used it for about four hours. PC looks great over DVI and what I failed to notice is when the Westy showed up via UPS, so did my copy of Forza 2! So I had 1920x1080P Forza 2 goodness on this thing and it was sweet. I've been using my Samsung 32" 720P LCD for the last six months or so and it looks great too, but not as good as the Westy. So today when I disconnected the VGA cable from the Samsung and hooked it up to the Westy, I noticed only the right speaker was working. Well it turns out that the whole time I've had my Xbox 360, I've only had one speaker working! On the Samsung it has a weird speaker arrangement and it's hard to separate the sound, unlike on the Westy. The cheap VGA cable wasn't even soldered right on one of the terminals, so after I fixed that the Westy came to life with stereo audio. The speakers are not that great, but work fine for gaming from the 360. Better than I expected actually, but they sounded like crap with only one working! Awesome display, awesome game. It's a good day. :) I think I'll be able to say goodbye to my Dell 2407FPW and the 32" Samsung since this will take care of both needs in my computer room.
Thanks for the excellent Overview.
Any chance you might post right here, a big hirez Game pic? Taken "real close-up" so we can admire the Westy's fine 1080p details? No one does it. Thanks in advance .

Yay. Nice! I was able to land an Ikea Jerker on craigs too. Gonna be a sweet setup soon :) Albeit, its not black but birch wood; But I can't be picky as its discontinued. Comes with the top shelf too!

Heh, I got annoyed with searching. Me + Home Depot = desk. $80 in materials and about 6 hours of work for a decent looking desk that I've tested to 300lbs.

there seems to be rather big gap between top left corner of the plastic bezel and lcd screen. is this normal?

so did ikea make a replacement for the jerker? that seriously looks like the mos t awesome desk ever.

so did ikea make a replacement for the jerker? that seriously looks like the mos t awesome desk ever.

i don't know but i hope so. when my brother tried to get it for me from ikea, they said they should have a replacement this summer sometime, and it will look almost exactly the same, with a different name. but that guy in the store probably lied to him. anyways, soon i'll get the 37 inch westy for my jerker! :D

ps, willl a 42 inch fit on the jerker?

Back