Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH what the hell... i got the costco westy today, the box was ok and the monitor didn't have a scratch on it... but the monitor doesn't work...

When i plug in the power, it cycles through red, green, blue, white, black over and over again... i tried plugging in my computer to the monitor using my DVI-D cable (not dual link, is this the problem?) and it just does the color cycles... same with my laptop using VGA. The weird thing is... when i boot up my pc, the boot screen will flash on the monitor for a fraction of a second then do the color cycle, then it will flash the windows login screen for a fraction of a second and do the color cycle again.... wtf?!?! :( i'm so upset :(

can anyone help me please? :(

Can you get the menu screen to come up via the remote? Check what firmware you have, then turn off auto Source™

Definitely not normal behavior...What does the monitor do when you have no input connected and power on?

Can you get the menu screen to come up via the remote? Check what firmware you have, then turn off auto Source™

Definitely not normal behavior...What does the monitor do when you have no input connected and power on?

I can't get the menu screen or anything either through the panel or through the remote... i actually called westinghouse and they've never heard of this before... :( *sigh*

guess i have to return this to costco :*(

edit: oh yeah, it still does the color cycle when there's no input as well...

I can't get the menu screen or anything either through the panel or through the remote... i actually called westinghouse and they've never heard of this before... :( *sigh*

guess i have to return this to costco :*(

edit: oh yeah, it still does the color cycle when there's no input as well...
Yeah men, I'm one of those that got defective Westy. But yeah, go ahead and return it fast. They'll give you your money back right away in a CASH CARD (like a gift certificate), and you can place another order immediately. That's what I did, as soon as I got home the card was ready for use. So yeah men, hurry, before is too late.

Called in right now and I got good news. The lady said that mine was ready to be picked up by UPS and was either by 5 today or next monday. :cool:
For reference I ordered mine on the 2nd, and the expected shipping date on the website was 7-10 days.

It's heeeerrrrrrrreeeeee! I can't take pictures worth a damn, but here's my relatively poor attempt:

This thing is freaking *HUGE*. I'm totally in love with it.

UPDATE: I had originally posted that the Rep told me it was backordered. That was a bad day yesterday.

Just checked at Costco.com - SHIPPED.

OMFG, I'm so excited, I'd drive to CA just to pick it up and have it tonight. OK, maybe not, but I can't wait!

Purchase date: June-4 (monday)

I soooo had my heart set on Benq FP241WZ until I found this site/thread! But I have a few questions before I make a bee-line down to Bellingham from Vancouver Canada :eek:

1. I'm wondering what cables/accessories comes with 37w3?

2. If it doesn't come with any cables, what cables would I need to purchase? It'll be connecting to PC and PS3

3. Also anyone have experince with mounting arms:

Ergotron LX LCD Wall Mount Arm
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17121&vpn=45-180-195&manufacture=ERGOTRON

or

WESTINGHOUSE MT80 ARM20
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....20&manufacture=Westinghouse Digital Electroni

or any other recommendations for extendable arm with tilt? Something preferably under $200 please lol

EDIT Can someone please measure the box size: length,width and height? Not sure if it can fit in my 2007 Corolla lol

I soooo had my heart set on Benq FP241WZ until I found this site/thread! But I have a few questions before I make a bee-line down to Bellingham from Vancouver Canada :eek:

1. I'm wondering what cables/accessories comes with 37w3?

2. If it doesn't come with any cables, what cables would I need to purchase? It'll be connecting to PC and PS3

No cables except a power cable. You would need a DVI-D cable and a HDMI cable.

I'm not sure what you mean by going down to Bellingham though. Is that to get one shipped to you, or did you find a B&M store that has this unit in stock? The costco deal is online only and it ends on Sunday.

I'm not sure what you mean by going down to Bellingham though. Is that to get one shipped to you, or did you find a B&M store that has this unit in stock? The costco deal is online only and it ends on Sunday.

I'll be driving down from Vancouver as they won't ship to Canada and the Canadian Costco.ca site doesn't carry Westinghouse. So it's $999.00 in person? Better then nothing, currently there are no retailers/etailers that carry the 37w3 model in Canada.

Thanks for the quick reply:)

even some cheap TV comes with some cables such as RCA or something, disappointed on this beautiful TV w/o no cables included except power cord :(

I'll be driving down from Vancouver as they won't ship to Canada and the Canadian Costco.ca site doesn't carry Westinghouse. So it's $999.00 in person? Better then nothing, currently there are no retailers/etailers that carry the 37w3 model in Canada.

Thanks for the quick reply:)

I would give them a call after they're open to see what they have. Since Costco is a wholesale place the inventory can vary from store to store.

even some cheap TV comes with some cables such as RCA or something, disappointed on this beautiful TV w/o no cables included except power cord :(

I wouldn't want to use anything but 24AWG from monoprice.com anyway. High quality and affordable, although they're OOS on some 24AWG HDMI sizes right now.

On another note, if it was supposed to come with anything, I'm sure it fell out of my box. The batteries for my remote were on my porch. Going by other posts and pictures, I'm not missing anything though. At least Costco said it was ok for me to keep this for the full 90 days. I already put the replacement on my CC.

Costco reportedly does not carry the 37w3 in stores unfortunately. It's completely online only (this is true for almost all of the merchandise on costco.com according to their website).

AHHHHHHHHHHHH what the hell... i got the costco westy today, the box was ok and the monitor didn't have a scratch on it... but the monitor doesn't work...

When i plug in the power, it cycles through red, green, blue, white, black over and over again... i tried plugging in my computer to the monitor using my DVI-D cable (not dual link, is this the problem?) and it just does the color cycles... same with my laptop using VGA. The weird thing is... when i boot up my pc, the boot screen will flash on the monitor for a fraction of a second then do the color cycle, then it will flash the windows login screen for a fraction of a second and do the color cycle again.... wtf?!?! :( i'm so upset :(

can anyone help me please? :(

Did you try the firmware fix of unplugging the DVI/HDMI cable it for 3-4 seconds then plugging it back in after the PC is booted?

I just got an email from costco saying it got shipped. I ordered on the fourth and tracking says it should arrive on the 14th. The set is being shipped from Canada to the U.S (IL).

I am ordering one tonight. :D
After buying some new stuff for my pc, car payment, apartment rent, bills, and now this, I am spending over $7k this month. No wonder my wallet is empty. :(

[Retaliation];1031157103 said:
for the love of god ppl...plzzzzz....remove the ugly ass stickers b4 u post picks :p

Here just for you. jk :p

IMG_0011.jpg

Its too bad though I had to return it and damn I did not realize Costco is incapable of refunding directly to my card. So after driving for two hours to Costco, I ended up walking around with $800+ in my wallet. I was a bit paranoid and spent more than an hour wandering around the city looking for one of my bank branches to make a deposit.

It was nearly perfect except for a flaw in the screen. For some reason there appeared to be a particle or other obstruction about the sized of a cluster of pixels that was blocking the light and causing a dark spot that I could see even at very far distances. Up close though looking at the same spot at near parallel angle to the screen it turned white suggesting it was reflecting light back into the screen.

I hung a piece a paper, with small tab of tape on the top of the monitor, to mark the spot so I could inspect it while the screen was off. I was dismayed that there was nothing visible on the surface (no dust and nothing producing a blemish).

I think for now though I feel I can wait a bit longer for the tech progression to continue. I am glad I got to experience the awesome quality of its native 1080p digital connections. The Ninja Gaiden PS3 demo looked and played really well at 1080p.

Now I have to hunt down a well priced but good quality S-IPS monitor, as I have yet to experience that screen technology. So far I have only seen *-PVA and *-MVA and on some of the screens, depending on their quality, the color shift phenomenon can become annoying at close viewing distances.

Another thing I wish the Westinghouse supported would have been a 1:1 mapping of a 4:3 resolution of 1440x1080, though I am not sure if that is even a resolution supported by any screen technology.

Fearrun

Another quick question, DVI-D single or dual link for westy??

This question comes up a lot. It seems a lot of people misunderstand how a digital signal works. There is absolutely no difference between the two for this (or other similar) TVs, period. A 1080p signal always takes up the same amount of bandwidth, which fits within the confines of a single link cable. The extra bandwidth that a dual-link cable provides can not and will not ever be used by a 1080p display.

Another quick question, DVI-D single or dual link for westy??

It is single. I believe dual link is only needed for those very high resolutions or increased bandwidth for maybe other special features.

It does not really matter if you use a dual link cable though (they are the most common) as the extra pins will not be utilized. So just select what ever quality suits you, the standard quality DVI-D cable at monoprice.com is what I have used.

My only issue is that it makes a buzzing sound, especially if I stick my head around the back. Is this normal?

I generally can't hear it when I'm sitting in front of it, but I'm becoming a real silence freak, and late at night(like now) is gets rather annoying.

I hate to ask again, but can anyone answer my question? Is my Westy the only one that makes a buzzing noise from the back?

Thanks.

This question comes up a lot. It seems a lot of people misunderstand how a digital signal works. There is absolutely no difference between the two for this (or other similar) TVs, period. A 1080p signal always takes up the same amount of bandwidth, which fits within the confines of a single link cable. The extra bandwidth that a dual-link cable provides can not and will not ever be used by a 1080p display.

It is single. I believe dual link is only needed for those very high resolutions or increased bandwidth for maybe other special features.

It does not really matter if you use a dual link cable though (they are the most common) as the extra pins will not be utilized. So just select what ever quality suits you, the standard quality DVI-D cable at monoprice.com is what I have used.

Thanks guys, this will be my first ever lcd and I now feel totally confident with the upcoming purchase :D

not sure if this has been asked before but does the hdmi input on this display accept 1080p24? seems to coming out more and more these days with hddvd+blu-ray.

If you guys ordered it but received it in damaged condition or want to exchange it because of dead pixels, would you be able to reorder at the same price?

Say, for example, you ordered it today (sale ends in two days), received it the following wednesday, found that it's bad and want to exchange it, bring it to a local costco and get a cashcard or a refund or something. Would a customer service rep let you order it at the same sale price ($799) since it is an exchange and was some kind of fault of either theirs or shipping? OR would you have to order it again at full price ($999)?

Oh and another question...if I were to use this set as a tv, how would I go about doing that? If for example I signed up for comcast digital cable would I be able to watch with just the digital receiver that they send me? Would I also be able to watch standard cable programs? Or would I still have to buy some kind of external tuner or something? I'm not sure what is or isn't an external tuner, so I need some help here...lol

Can't give you a solid answer on the second question.

Concerning the first question, I would not expect them to give it to you at the sale price. Most likely you will get an instore gift card for your $800+. I would not expect them to bend completely backwards (or over) for this sale.;)

Just pulled the trigger. :D
$889.14 after S&H & Tax to Vegas.
I don't know what I am going to do with all these monitors by myself. :rolleyes:

I bought the monitor on the 2nd and it finally shipped yesterday. It says it should be arriving by the 14th. I have been following this thread for months and I'm glad to finally be able to get this monitor. :D

Well they finally put up the tracking number, ordered 6/2 shipped 06/8 estimated delivery 6/11. I live soo damn close to the warehouse, i wish i can pick it up :p !

Well, I couldn't help myself with this deal and spent pretty much all my money I had saved on this, its kind of like a birthday gift to myself since my money happened to finally transfer on this day, too bad I won't see it for a good three weeks. The funny thing is I was actually saving up for a computer and now I have to start all over again, but I know I'd be mad at myself if I didn't take advantage of this deal, thanks to cloughy12 for making me buy this, we work together and are now both going to own Westys.

$870 shipped

If I order during the Sale and it arrives after Sale is over and its bad, defective------can I re-order at Sale price $799 or would I have to pay full price $999 ?
Shiro my guess is, you'd get the new one at Sale price cuz you bot it during the Sale.
If they tried to hit you for Full price, what they would be doing is "changing terms of contract after contract was signed"
That would be sleazy business ethics-----and Costco is not sleazy. :)

I just called Costco before heading down to pick it up in store... they said this is for online orders only and non of the stores carry them :(.

Anyone know if there any other electroic stores that carry the westy in store Bellingham-Seattle area?? Or online that'll ship to Canada?

EDIT- Or are there any other monitor/TV that is similar/better to this Westy?

I just called Costco before heading down to pick it up in store... they said this is for online orders only and non of the stores carry them :(.

Anyone know if there any other electroic stores that carry the westy in store Bellingham-Seattle area?? Or online that'll ship to Canada?

EDIT- Or are there any other monitor/TV that is similar/better to this Westy?

I reside in the Seattle area and the only B&M locations I have seen this monitor in has either been Best Buy/Circuit City (outrageous price of 1500~) and Sam's Club (around 1000~ish).

I'd say if you have the time to stick around for a week, definitely get it from Costco.com if possible or send it to a friend and have him bring it up to you. I ordered and it took about 3 days to ship to my house. Granted this was on the first day that I placed my order.

I reside in the Seattle area and the only B&M locations I have seen this monitor in has either been Best Buy/Circuit City (outrageous price of 1500~) and Sam's Club (around 1000~ish).

I'd say if you have the time to stick around for a week, definitely get it from Costco.com if possible or send it to a friend and have him bring it up to you. I ordered and it took about 3 days to ship to my house. Granted this was on the first day that I placed my order.

Can't order from costco.com because they don't ship to Canada and the costco.ca doesn't even carry it. Don't know anyone from US

well... i returned my westy to costco today after just receiving yesterday and placed a new order... hopefully the one that comes in a couple weeks works... wish me luck guys <crosses fingers>

So my shitty Polaroid 32" TV just crapped out on me (it won't turn on), I have decided to return it to Circuit City and get my money back.

I would really like to get this TV, but I have no clue where to purchase it. I would really like to get it locally if possible.

Back