Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

I think I am going to cancel my order and jump on the 42 instead. I called 4 times yesterday through the evening so I would have a better chance at getting different people on the line. One of the operators mentioned that the 5th was either the 3rd or 4th date push they have had on that item number in the last month and a half. Another operator stated that the recerts come in 3-4 at a time on 'older' models. Personally I am not that big of a fan of the odds that they will get them in, or that I will get one of the ones that come in. I was hoping to get something sooner rather then later, so I am a click away (yet again:rolleyes:) from buying the 42.

To the person who thinks he is getting one for sure, good luck to you sir. I hope you get it, and that there are 0 dead/stuck pixels. In a glass half full world, all I want to know is who has been drinking my water :cool:

Did they charge your card already?

No they didnt.

In the thread over at slickdeals, theyre supposedly getting them this week but well see if that happens. It also seems theyre not accepting new orders, someone who ordered recently ended up getting a cancellation email.

I just got this sad email from onsale. How depressing.
-----------------

Dear Ryan,

Good Day!

Thank you for choosing OnSale.

We are sorry to inform you that your order for:

1 U CSE 07289050 1 REF LVM-37W3 37" WIDESCREEN LCD TV WESTINGHOU 599.99 10/03 Item Canceled

Has been cancelled because we have been notified by the vendor or distributor that there will be no more shipments of this product. After we exhaust sellable inventory, the system will cancel any backorders placed on this product.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,

Hana Aparejo

Customer Service Representative

Wonder if the only place you'll be able to find this legendary monitor now will be Ebay? :(

I just got this sad email from onsale. How depressing.
-----------------

Dear Ryan,

Good Day!

Thank you for choosing OnSale.

We are sorry to inform you that your order for:

1 U CSE 07289050 1 REF LVM-37W3 37" WIDESCREEN LCD TV WESTINGHOU 599.99 10/03 Item Canceled

Has been cancelled because we have been notified by the vendor or distributor that there will be no more shipments of this product. After we exhaust sellable inventory, the system will cancel any backorders placed on this product.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,

Hana Aparejo

Customer Service Representative

that really sux b/c i remember staring at the OPTION of purchasing it when it was in stock for that brief moment... i was debating on it b/c i have a 2405fpw that i love, but when i decided i wanted it it was already OOS.

oh well... perhaps i'll wait a while longer until i get my own place and get a 42"... i just feel like 42" for a pc monitor may just be too big for sitting up close...

that really sux b/c i remember staring at the OPTION of purchasing it when it was in stock for that brief moment... i was debating on it b/c i have a 2405fpw that i love, but when i decided i wanted it it was already OOS.

oh well... perhaps i'll wait a while longer until i get my own place and get a 42"... i just feel like 42" for a pc monitor may just be too big for sitting up close...

I would agree. I haven't kept up with the other 37" offerings since getting my Westy but even it is almost too large if you sit at typical distances IMO. If I could position myself 3-4 feet away it would be perfect. I'm glad I didn't get the 42" model now, but if it was between that and paying nearly the same amount for the Dell 27" I guess I'd have to get the Westy because I can't see paying so much for a smaller screen. :(

Just got a call today quoting the Oct 5 date. She also used the word "hopefully" so we'll see...

Consider the JVC LTN688. It's a 37" 1080P.
Awesome pic. Game looks killer on it, at 1920x1080 rez.. Has 1300 Contrast and is very fast (5ms Response time). Sleek.Black bezel and Matte screen.
Circuit City had 'em on sale all last week for 1199 (normally 1600). Watch for sale comin' quick..
To connect your video card's dvi connector to it, u need a "dvi-to-hdmi" cable (only $7 at NewEgg and works fine) cuz tv has hdmi ports.

Just got a call today quoting the Oct 5 date. She also used the word "hopefully" so we'll see...

So apparently they have no idea what's going on then? Sending out emails of cancelled orders but telling others that "hopefully" they'll get it in?

Awesome pic. Game looks killer on it, at 1920x1080 rez.. Has 1300 Contrast and is very fast (5ms Response time). Sleek.Black bezel and Matte screen.
Circuit City had 'em on sale all last week for 1199 (normally 1600). Watch for sale comin' quick..
To connect your video card's dvi connector to it, u need a "dvi-to-hdmi" cable (only $7 at NewEgg and works fine) cuz tv has hdmi ports.

Yep. This one looks like it'll be a worthy successor. (Well, almost. Model number should be "LT-37X688") Anybody have one to review/assess? At $1200 they just may be worth it (particularly since it's the one big 1080, or a projector+22"monitor for me...).

The D62U/GP1U Sharp 32/37 inchers look nice on paper, but their quality control/reliability and issues with _non-disable-able_ dynamic contrast combined with suspect color kind of killed it for me.

Hey Zak, could you by any chance post pictures of the JVC? I'm leaning towards this one over the 37" SE Westy, but on the Circuit City website it says that it's not PC compatible. Are you using this as a monitor via the HDMI, or is this solely for gaming/movies?

Hey Zak, could you by any chance post pictures of the JVC? I'm leaning towards this one over the 37" SE Westy, but on the Circuit City website it says that it's not PC compatible. Are you using this as a monitor via the HDMI, or is this solely for gaming/movies?

It should work via HDMI, it's the same as DVI, just that DVI doesn't have audio.

Does this JVC have the prerequesite features?

1080p through HDMI (dvi a plus), VGA, Component
option for 1:1 pixel mapping, preferably over all inputs
adjustable picture settings, backlight, RGB, etc.
accurate color reproduction
ability to be calibrated through the set (which the Westy was poor at)
various picture modes/aspect ratio settings through the remote
no ghosting/banding/moire/pushy colors/etc
decent blacks?
preferably performs inverse telecine HD 3:2 pulldown correctly
preferably deinterlaces correctly
Toslink in & out? (HDMI out would be nice... for the newer audio modes)

It has the Genessa processor, how is that?
Only accepts up to 1080i over component. Apparently upscales to 1080p.
Haven't been able to find anything yet about VGA, or any of the other questions.

At a similar pricepoint? Not that I can see.

Quite a few people have been satisfied with the Sharp Aquos D62U though. The GP1U, less so.

Anyone know anything about the LG 37LB5D? Claims 7000:1 Dynamic Contrast, NTSC/ATSC/QAM tuner, 3 HDMI, 1 VGA, AND "The integrated PC input lets you connect your home computer and use the display as a PC monitor" ... supposedly. (Could this imply 1:1 mapping?)

Listed at $1400 "onsale" at Futureshop.ca, but I haven't looked elsewhere yet. Might be decent.

Can I ask a point of clarification about the new Westy 37 SE?
I realize people are unhappy with the bios change, but does anyone actually KNOW if the new SE bios still does 1:1 pixel mapping on the DVI input?
I want to use one for a PC gaming monitor only, so if the degraded features only affect, say, the component input, I wouldn't care.
Thanks!

The 42" is fine for me..Although I dont game on it anymore since I picked up a 30" Dell..I use the 42" to browse the internet with...Switch between SLI and Non when not gaming...I set about 3-4ft away when I use to game on the 42" and it was awesome...

anybody who ordered a LVM-W3 from onsale.com and is still waiting for it. I just called and turns out that they are shipping from the wharehouse today as I speak. Good luck to everyone, I know i'm crossing my fingers for no dead pixels.

anybody who ordered a LVM-W3 from onsale.com and is still waiting for it. I just called and turns out that they are shipping from the wharehouse today as I speak. Good luck to everyone, I know i'm crossing my fingers for no dead pixels.

Well I literally just hung up the phone with Karon from onsale and she said the date got pushed back from today, Oct. 5th, to Oct. 10th.

So maybe their warehouse is shipping it to them and they will ship them out on the 10th? God I hope we get our LCD's. From my research, the only other alternative is the sharp 32inch and people say the Westy is better, and at this price, cheaper.

hmmm.. yeah I'm gonna have to call again to see what a different person says. It's really starting to get annoying. I want my damn Westinghouse.

Everyone seems to have their own opinion on whether there are 37" Westy's there or not :p

Yeah I just confirmed it once again that the new shipping date is the 10th of October. I'm really considering just cancelling the order.

Yep. This "LT-37X688" looks like it'll be a worthy successor. .... At $1200 just may be worth it .....
I had it for a couple days and gamed on it at 1920x1080 rez and used it as PC monitor at 1920x1080 rez..
wow, a nice panel, Awesome colors, very good blacks. No 'jerkiness' when moving real-fast in combat. This is a real fast panel.
NOTE: Of course, if u crank-up Game scenery-details (the "eyecandy") too high then your PC video card gets "overloaded" and game starts moving slow n' jerky.
Thats not a TV problem, (The solution is,: lower your Game "eyecandy" or get more powerful Video card).

When I first used it as "PC monitor & Websurfer" at 1920x1080 rez, the "Text" was fuzzy, looked crummy.
But it became nice, clear n' sharp, after I reset the Text (in WinXP, go to Control Panel, 'Display' / 'Appearance') to "Normal" "9-point" "Arial" "Bold" (wow, text was now excellent)..
It has 2 hdmi ports, no dvi port, no vga port.
So, I used a 'dual-link' dvi-to-hdmi Cable (I bot from Egg for $8 +frt). I hooked one end to dvi connector on PC's video card, and the other end to the hdmi port on the tv.
Then I booted PC (and since it was already set to run a "plug n'play monitor" at "1920x1080 / 60Hz") it immediately began running the JVC as a 'plug n'play monitor' at full 1080P rez.
I have no pics. IMO its a wonderful 37" 1080P TV for use as "Gaming panel & PC monitor".
C/C often puts it on sale. Last time was for 1199. Good luck.

Here's a small piece ripped from JVC announcement:
JVC LAUNCHES NEW 1080p LCD TVs
WAYNE, NJ, June 25, 2007 –
..... one of the 4 models is the 37-inch LT-37X688 ....
All four models feature full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 and JVC’s fifth generation D.I.S.T. (Digital Image Scaling Technology) engine that upconverts all signals to display at full 1080p.
Dual HDMI v1.3 inputs allow connection of the latest generation of 1080p sources.
Other features include nine aspect modes, four picture modes, a new universal remote with new convenience features, and a USB photo....
32bit Genessa Chip includes JVC’s Motion Adaptive Dynamic Gamma control, an algorithm that preserves tonal details and gradations in dark areas so that the image doesn’t appear muddy
In convenience features, the new TV's offer nine video aspect modes, including a full native mode that shows the full picture with no overscan.
Also, four picture Modes (standard, game, theater and dynamic) to optimize performance for different room situations and program material, and a USB photo viewer, and a USB input for connection to a USB mass storage device, including JVC’s Everio hard drive camcorders.
Also, Images can be zoomed, rotated, viewed singly, or played as sldeshow..... (more).

I'm confused...

So New Egg suddenly has the monitor this monster thread is about, which was presumed to be unattainable now, in stock?

Well, as for that, I don't know what people are talking about. A simple google search always yields some for me, I just didn't like the $900+ price tag.

I'm confused...

So New Egg suddenly has the monitor this monster thread is about, which was presumed to be unattainable now, in stock?

For anyone else who can't click the link:
westyseforsalenowne1.jpg

Yes it's in stock now, if everyone in this thread who didn't get one when they were widely available (and has publicly whined about it) were to go buy one at the egg now, I think they would be OOS in a day or two max. Don't say you haven't been warned..:eek:

I have a question for everyone who has this monitor who watches standard, hd, and games on it.

Yes, I have the monitor, post on here a long time ago :p... Anyways, I watch a lot of standard, so the black bars on the side, everyone knows, I rarely stretch because I switch back to Hd so much and often forget to put back to standard.

Well was watching last night and noticed when I was watching HD there were 2 black lines about 1 1/2 - 2" in on both the left and right side of the monitor. They resembled dead pixels but I don't notice them on a completely black nor white screen, it seems only between the 2 with different shades do I notice the lines. The lines are right where standard tv stops on the monitor.

Was wondering if anyone knows what this could be, or if anyone else has had this problem. It's really annoying, and not noticeable to people who don't care, but I care, and I see it, it's annoying. I got the monitor in Nov. last year, lol never even took the sticker off the front top right... :D so yes, it's in GREAT SHAPE... Other than many hours of use, it's technically still right out of the box :p, never been moved, shifted, knocked, or anything... Just wondering if anyones seen or had this problem.

I don't have that particular problem, but I have video coming into the monitor from my computer (DVI) and from a wireless AV receiver through the RCA plug at the moment. When I get static on the RCA plug, it causes a line to appear at the bottom of my DVI screen momentarily. My suggestion would be to unplug all other inputs other than the HD one, then see if the lines go away. If they don't then :( I don't know what else to say.

Back