Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Why is everyone so crazy about Westinghouse? Westinghouse is a discount brand and its high response rates and low contrast ratios should be nothing to get excited about, especially since similar speced products offer a way better picture.

way to thread crap retard. did you realize how this thread dates back over a year and has thousands upon thousands of posts? maybe it's because it's actually a good monitor at a good price (esp. when you look back at the history of this thread, you could get this monitor for the same or less as a 24" Dell...)

price vs. performance. I don't have any qualms about mine, that's for sure...

every brand has their good models and their bad models. WH although not as well know as sony or samsung has great tvs. as Nutz said price v. performance. i'd rather pay less for a decent 1080i tv. as i don't have deep pockets.

for its price it is great, at the time I bought it the similar samsungs were nearly twice as much. Now they are within 5-600 dollars and supposedly their hdmi issues are fixed. Provided the black levels on my 42 TX are barely better than my brothers 24" dell (if any), mine can be used as a TV (w/ 2 tuners) and has 4 hdmi ports which sadly are being unused at this point. Still waiting for ps3 to drop a bit more and GT5 to come out.;)

Why is everyone so crazy about Westinghouse? Westinghouse is a discount brand and its high response rates and low contrast ratios should be nothing to get excited about, especially since similar speced products offer a way better picture.

come on, dude... look at the damn price! :) i got mine shipped for $690 refurb. i sold my 37" olevia 720p for $575... basically paid a lil over $100 more to get a 1080p LCD!!

i still use my 2405fpw Dell as my pc monitor, but soon i'm gonna migrate the westy in as a PC + TV combination and use the 2405 as a 2ndary (right now use a 2005fpw as a 2ndary).

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just was under the impression everyone was like "Westinghouse is the best!" but I realize they mean by price/pref. If I find one for the price godman paid for it, it's a no-brainier I'll be grabbing one.

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just was under the impression everyone was like "Westinghouse is the best!" but I realize they mean by price/pref. If I find one for the price godman paid for it, it's a no-brainier I'll be grabbing one.

You are forgiven..:p..Had my Westy since Jan 07 and cant think of a monitor I would rather have as I wait for Mr Brown Guy to get here with my wall mount..:cool:

I'm still mullling the 42" tx model. I've been considering where to put it and the only possible place is on some 4'x1.5' metro shelving. It would be nice to avoid the extra height of the stand, but from looking at photos, i can't figure out how i would mount the monitor between two shelves. Has anyone tried mounting their flat panel Westy to metro shelving?

and some ppl got theirs from onsale for $600 shipped with 1 yr warranty!!! mine was $690 shipped with 90 day...

This monitor has served me well since I purchased it last Christmas, but ever since I strated playing WoW, I've been getting really sick. I have to sit too close, and I'm getting some bad headaches. I'm going to miss it's convenience and large size, though, as I've had to switch back to a 24". Anyways, if anyone is interested in buying it, let me know and I'll work out an ebay transaction.

This monitor has served me well since I purchased it last Christmas, but ever since I strated playing WoW, I've been getting really sick. I have to sit too close, and I'm getting some bad headaches. I'm going to miss it's convenience and large size, though, as I've had to switch back to a 24". Anyways, if anyone is interested in buying it, let me know and I'll work out an ebay transaction.

wow same here..but for brief HL2 or CS sessions, or any FPS type games. The dizziness caused me to stop gaming almost completely..just GTR2 on occasion now. I'm interested in selling too lol. Anyone in the capital area interested?

damn... not happy you guys said that cuz i was gonna replace my Dell 2405FPW (no complaints @ all) to this Westy 37"...

it's probably a rare problem. I'm fine at least with mine, but I don't have to sit too close, i sit about 3.5-4 feet away.

wow same here..but for brief HL2 or CS sessions, or any FPS type games. The dizziness caused me to stop gaming almost completely..just GTR2 on occasion now. I'm interested in selling too lol. Anyone in the capital area interested?

how much you selling it for if you live in the DC area??

I know about OTA set top boxes, but what is the best way to get a standard cable connection to this TV? Want to take it to college so digital cable won't be an option.

where in the back? could be a transformer or something... some HDTVs do that (I've had two previous HDTV units do that)
Yea, on the right side, but I posted that as soon as it happend, and now I don't hear it anymore. Sweet!

i am about to pickup the sharp aquos and wanted to sell off my westinghouse... was wondering how much i could get it for???

So I purchased a Westinghouse LVM-37W3 from Onsale.com two months ago. They were out of stock at the time, so a month later they ship it. It got to my door a on Friday (Nov 9th)

Here's how it looked when I opened the box!
=
5.jpg

=
yea, thats right.

Here's what happened to it while shipped to me!
=
7.jpg

=
2.jpg

=
1.jpg

=

Since there is some further complications to my purchase (mostly me living in Canada). I have to go through a few hoops to hopefully get this repaired.

The display itself does work, so hopefully UPS either gets it repaired, gets me a new one, or gives me money and the monitor to make me go away.

My theory: Customs opened the box, didnt package it correctly, then it got damaged when shipping from customs to me.

For the 15 seconds i sat infront of the monitor testing if the picture worked. Best 15 seconds of my life to date. :)

So I purchased a Westinghouse LVM-37W3 from Onsale.com two months ago. They were out of stock at the time, so a month later they ship it. It got to my door a on Friday (Nov 9th)

Here's how it looked when I opened the box!
=

=
yea, thats right.

Here's what happened to it while shipped to me!
=

=
=

=

Since there is some further complications to my purchase (mostly me living in Canada). I have to go through a few hoops to hopefully get this repaired.

The display itself does work, so hopefully UPS either gets it repaired, gets me a new one, or gives me money and the monitor to make me go away.

My theory: Customs opened the box, didnt package it correctly, then it got damaged when shipping from customs to me.

For the 15 seconds i sat infront of the monitor testing if the picture worked. Best 15 seconds of my life to date. :)

That sucks man!!!!

Wow, you haven't gotten laid man? Granted this thing is amazing, I wouldn't put it past sex...haha

Damn that's terrible... you'd think customs would have more sense that they, eh? :eek:

Well at least the display does work, and in between getting it fixed or whatever you can still enjoy 37" goodness

I think the ONLY place you can buy right now is Newegg, they have the 37W3SE version for 899 or something, free shipping. Not too bad for a new 1080P LCD TV.

Really? What happened to them being on sale for $700. :( Are there any other comparable 1080P sets that can be had for around $700 on sale?

i think u can get the 1080p tx42 westy with 4hdmi ports from bestbuy right now for 989 - 10% coupon = 870 or so.

I have a LVM-37w3 non SE which I bought back in January I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to it via component and the Xbox 360 is set to 1080P. Now I am having an issue I didn't even realize I had until I played on my cousin's Xbox 360 and his LCD TV which is set to1080P, I forgot what brand the tv was. But at any rate my problem is that at 1080P via component my contrast levels are way too low, any games with dark areas are near pitch black. If I set the 360 to a lower resolution 1080i or 720P my contrast levels are correct. Also if I hook up my 360 via the VGA cable at 1080P my contrast levels are correct. Have I had a goofed up set this whole time or is this a known issue? Sorry if my post isn't clear I'm running off of 8 hours of sleep in the last 2 days here.

i think u can get the 1080p tx42 westy with 4hdmi ports from bestbuy right now for 989 - 10% coupon = 870 or so.

technically you can get it at a bit over 400, though it requires a bit of work and definitely YMMV..see slick deals or FW for more details

Back