GPU 8800GTS OC's

eVGA 8800GTS

660/2200 stock cooling...while using XP.

Stock clock with Vista and waiting for a working program. :(

eVGA 8800GTS

660/2200 stock cooling...while using XP.

Stock clock with Vista and waiting for a working program. :(

It's called a BIOS flash :D! I did that while I used Vista (I'm now back on XP) and it worked great. I flashed back to my original BIOS now though since I'm on XP again and can overclock there via software. I've run my card at up to 620/2000, haven't tried further, though I think I will shortly :D.

It's called a BIOS flash :D! I did that while I used Vista (I'm now back on XP) and it worked great. I flashed back to my original BIOS now though since I'm on XP again and can overclock there via software. I've run my card at up to 620/2000, haven't tried further, though I think I will shortly :D.

Haha yeah I've thought about that, but I'm still getting adequate FPS in CS:S and BF2 I'll be happy with it stock. Overclocking it is just making my e-penis larger. ;)

I was going to say
Im at 630 / 1100 and im maxed on memory with nvidia's tool.....
I can't seem to get my gpu higher then 630, but I haven't taken the thing apart and put any AS5 on it for instance.

I cant take the GPu over 670 or memory much past 1170. its all on air right now so im speccing out some water cooling or possibly a phase system depending on how big the bonus is this year :)

XFX 8800gts 320M with Hynix memory

~675/1060 for benching with extra 120mm fan

~640/1040 without extra fan

evga, passing 630 core and stable at 900 memory, haven't tried to go farther on that yet.

Mine hits 633 / 1010. I tone it down to 975 because it artifacts once it heats up. I'm pretty sure it could go higher with better cooling...

make sure you up hte fan to 100%. riva tuner as well as ntune allow that. i did a 7 hour stress test at 655/940 last night and it never got over 59 degrees. =D

htf is 2200 stable? that's insane.

no overclocking here b/c I don't need it yet.

you guys have me starting to rethink my step up. sounds like my card is overclocking very well. I decided to go with the gtx in sli due to the memory issues with the sli config. I fear some of the new games coming out will need the extra ram. *sigh* its never ending

Still going to ride out the next 70 days on the step up to see how the prices go.

EVGA - PCB is green , rev A2

Got mine currently running at 635/1100, no issues with 3dmark 06 (which doesn't mean much). I'll be running Oblivion to make sure it works fine at that clock speed.

Have my EVGA 8800 GTS running at 640/900. Can get the memory stable at 1000 but requires me to drop the core speed. 614/1000

Currently rocking my EVGA GTS 640MB at 660/1010. I can run a 3DM06 at 1050 and higher on the mem, but I am only ATITool and game stable up to 1010. I get a hard lock when ever I put the core above 665:(

Fan 100%, green PCB

Hoping to put this puppy under water soon with an EK block.

but the GTS won't actually run at 330mhz; it will run @ either 621/1458mhz core/shader or 648/1512mhz core/shader...

say what?:confused:

g80's gpu clock generator/crystal works in certain incremements (it doesn't actually adjust 1mhz at a time).

for example when setting the clockspeed, if you set it to 615hmz or 630mhz, the ACTUAL clockspeed will be 621Mhz (and shader clock is 1458mhz).

not sure where the delta is off the top of my head, but around 635mhz it will jump to 648mhz (1512mhz shader). heh.. not sure i explained that well.. does that clarify it?

Yep... There's a "range" of overclocks...

I don't take credit for this (stole it from XS forums) but...

attachment.jpg

So... if your core speed is between 509 and 524, your core speed is ACTUALLY 513, and the shader speed is ACTUALLY 1188... Not the number you set it to.

That's why I'm perfectly stable at 679, but going to 680 nets me MAJOR artifacting instantly... It looks like a small jump, but it's actually a huge jump for the core (from 675 to 684) and the shader too.

Yep... There's a "range" of overclocks...

I don't take credit for this (stole it from XS forums) but...

attachment.jpg

So... if your core speed is between 509 and 524, your core speed is ACTUALLY 513, and the shader speed is ACTUALLY 1188... Not the number you set it to.

That's why I'm perfectly stable at 679, but going to 680 nets me MAJOR artifacting instantly... It looks like a small jump, but it's actually a huge jump for the core (from 675 to 684) and the shader too.

ohh... nice chart. thanks!

wow. didn't know this. that would explain why i wall up at 634 and any higher gives me hard locking.

g80's gpu clock generator/crystal works in certain incremements (it doesn't actually adjust 1mhz at a time).

for example when setting the clockspeed, if you set it to 615hmz or 630mhz, the ACTUAL clockspeed will be 621Mhz (and shader clock is 1458mhz).

not sure where the delta is off the top of my head, but around 635mhz it will jump to 648mhz (1512mhz shader). heh.. not sure i explained that well.. does that clarify it?
overclock in multiples of 27... so 648 is actually 648, 647 is actually 621

lol, I thought you were off your rocker when I read that the first time, I have since seen the err of my ways and am running the speeds in my sig.

I was blown away when I found out that 660 was in fact 648.. Due to my OCD to OC in even chunks, I was screwing myself out of a higher core speed, lol.

Back