Gran Turismo 5 XL Version - Wheel Recommendation

I had the Logitech Driving Force GT and it was a blast Wouldve loved to have the G25, clutch and H shifter would've made it that much more bad ass.

A wheel makes GT5 feel like a different game, it seems like there are some steering like driving aids enabled with a controller and thats no fun. I use mine with GT5, Richard Burns RSRBR 2012 mod and Dirt 3 and has never disappointed me.

Can't really go wrong with the G27 it is a excellent wheel. Force feedback feels accurate and isn't too harsh. The motor doesn't hinder quick movements like my driving force pro did either making games like richard burns way more fun. There are some nice mods you can do to them as well http://www.chilicoke.com/mods.htm .

Most driving games will natively support it on pc and you can customize the range of the wheel, force feedback and pretty much everything else depending on what game your playing with the logitech profiler.

You don´t want to run gamepad without driving aids though. G27 for PS3/PC is a really good budget option. If you want 360 support Fanatec offers to me a bit better but also more expensive wheels and pedals. It has the benefit for consoles that you adjust settings directly on the wheel instead of in a control panel. Not so much a problem for GT 5 though. Also helps that the logitech wheels become a sort of standard ffb wheel.

As for GT 5 I tried both the G25/G27 and Turbo S on it. It´s awfully sterile and dead on all these wheels but naturally much better then gamepad. Not enough to make GT 5 enjoyable though YMMV.

Back