Gran Turismo 5...?

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Whats the deal with this game, the heading on the IGN page says its due for a 2008 release but I can't find any info to back that up...and 2008 is coming to a close :(

I don't think this one is coming out soon... though I really want to play it.

I thought it was gonna be second half of 2009? :confused:

Conspiracy theorists seem to think GT5p will be added to and added to etc until it is full on 5. Doubt it tho, less money that way lol

Sony really dropped the ball on this one. GT5 should have been a launch title for the PS3, but here we are, what, 2 years later, and still no sign of it. Not even a solid launch date. That game is the only reason I even bought a PS3. The damn thing has been sitting there collecting dust for over a year now, and from the looks of it, it's going to be collecting quite a bit more.

GT5 would be my reason for getting a PS3...if it is still going to happen.

Conspiracy theorists seem to think GT5p will be added to and added to etc until it is full on 5. Doubt it tho, less money that way lol

I haven't played lately, but my understanding is GT5p would continue getting patches as the final GT5 game came along. So while Prologue will always have much less cars+tracks, the gameplay is supposed to remain current and also evolve as they finish the full game. I know they improved the online connectivity since launch. Don't know if any physics has changed.

I'm disappointed it's taking so long too, but I think it will be worth it. There is really nothing that compares to GT5. I hope some modes get collision damage. :D

GT5:prologue sucked, honestly. I hope its a load better than that. I could fall asleep playing that game.

GT5:prologue sucked, honestly. I hope its a load better than that. I could fall asleep playing that game.

The only thing that sucked was lack of content. The full game will have ten times as many cars and tracks and events. If you hated prologue that strongly, I doubt you'll like the full game.

Sony really dropped the ball on this one. GT5 should have been a launch title for the PS3, but here we are, what, 2 years later, and still no sign of it. Not even a solid launch date. That game is the only reason I even bought a PS3. The damn thing has been sitting there collecting dust for over a year now, and from the looks of it, it's going to be collecting quite a bit more.

Have you seen how GT5 looks in motion? The creator is notorious for being a OCD maniac when it comes to cars. Plus they got so much negative feedback on not having any cosmetic damage so they are going to add that... for all 500+ cars.

yea they are going to add proper damage on this.i imagine this will come out sometime before the next olympics if where lucky :p

Have you seen how GT5 looks in motion? The creator is notorious for being a OCD maniac when it comes to cars. Plus they got so much negative feedback on not having any cosmetic damage so they are going to add that... for all 500+ cars.

Wow I didn't know they were going to finally add damage. I always loved GT but damage was always something that bugged me. 200 mph into a wall and the car drives fine? lol

Seriously? Yet, if it was released early but not to their standards, then you would be in here complaining that it's unfinished, "Wow Sony really dropped the ball on this one, they should of spent more time working on it". Some people you will never be able to satisfy.

To bad yours is collecting dust, mine has been doing quite the opposite.

Also, I'm all for more companies taking Blizzards stance when making video games.

"It’s done when it’s done."

kaz has said it will be coming out 'sooner than we expect' it to. i personally wouldn't be suprised at all with a spring '09 release, though i'm not keeping my hopes up.

check out http://www.gtplanet.net for all the latest news on everything gran turismo

Seriously? Yet, if it was released early but not to their standards, then you would be in here complaining that it's unfinished, "Wow Sony really dropped the ball on this one, they should of spent more time working on it". Some people you will never be able to satisfy.

To bad yours is collecting dust, mine has been doing quite the opposite.

Also, I'm all for more companies taking Blizzards stance when making video games.

"It’s done when it’s done."

Yeah, "seriously". GT5 could have been a huge shot in the arm for the PS3, but instead it's been pushed back into obscurity. The GT series is an invaluable exclusive title for the PS franchise, and exclusive titles is something the PS desperately needs. The bottom line is, it should have been done, and done right, a long time ago. So yes, if they had released it, and it was as piece of crap, I would have been complaining about it too. It's not asking too much that something be done right AND on time.

Your blizzard analysis is also irrelevant here. Sony doesn't have the leisure of time that blizzard does, nor is it raking in money hand over fist like blizzard is. The PC isn't going to die if Starcraft 2 doesn't come out tomorrow and neither is blizzard, but Sony's gaming division is hemorrhaging money money to the tune of $379 million dollars last quarter.

There are more games than this that are under works. Get your head out of your ass.

some people gloss over how rabid the loyal gran turismo fanbase really is.

the install base for this 'failed demo' :)rolleyes:) is huge and is filled with people who can actually handle their auto without slamming it off both barriers and the grid in the first 300m.

it's about to get alot better with today's update too. all expert events will now be void of the dreaded 'rubber band effect' aka 'loser-boost'.

some people gloss over how rabid the loyal gran turismo fanbase really is.

the install base for this 'failed demo' :)rolleyes:) is huge and is filled with people who can actually handle their auto without slamming it off both barriers and the grid in the first 300m.

it's about to get alot better with today's update too. all expert events will now be void of the dreaded 'rubber band effect' aka 'loser-boost'.
imo GTR2 and rfactor pisses over the whole grand tourismo franchise. any proper racing fan would agree with this. GTR2 makes grand tourismo play like mario kart. fair play gtr2/rfactor dont have photo gen cars but they certainly do have real life handling and physics that just laughs at the whole GT franchise.

i own gtr2, legends, race07 and now evo.

the handling of the cars in gt5p often feels better. sure, there's no damage modelling (tires, engine wear, not talking about superficial junk), but the modelling in the gtr series is flaky sometimes, i don't agree with some of their calculations. not going into this, there are 500 page threads about this kind shit elsewhere on the web.

when it comes right down to it, i'd take gran turismo over gtr any day of the week. in my opinion, the full gran turismo 5 experience is gonna shit right down gtr's neck.

imo GTR2 and rfactor pisses over the whole grand tourismo franchise. any proper racing fan would agree with this. GTR2 makes grand tourismo play like mario kart. fair play gtr2/rfactor dont have photo gen cars but they certainly do have real life handling and physics that just laughs at the whole GT franchise.

GT5:p with G25 = best handling ever. I also play GTR2 and GTR Evolution but GT5:p is better even without the H-gear support. Even drifting in GTR is not real at all. It is either you get grip on the track or you spin out.

GT5:p with G25 = best handling ever. I also play GTR2 and GTR Evolution but GT5:p is better even without the H-gear support. Even drifting in GTR is not real at all. It is either you get grip on the track or you spin out.

g25 user here as well.

thats because GTR is more challenging and realistic ;) i too use the g25 wheel

I got the GT5 demo, I was a huge GT3/GT4 fan, then forza 2 stole me away. Not impressed with the GT5 demo at all, hopefully the full game is better...

thats because GTR is more challenging and realistic ;) i too use the g25 wheel

This is when you should link him the 500 pages thread. ;)

heh heh, i'll just go with this recent one i've read, there might be a bit of gt bias present, but there are some knowledgeable users in the thread who really drop some good perspective.

check it out

there are alot of quality arguments, and i agree, both have their merits.

gtr2 is a simulator (can be argued too, lol). gt5, well, it's getting there.

Yeah, "seriously". GT5 could have been a huge shot in the arm for the PS3, but instead it's been pushed back into obscurity. The GT series is an invaluable exclusive title for the PS franchise, and exclusive titles is something the PS desperately needs. The bottom line is, it should have been done, and done right, a long time ago. So yes, if they had released it, and it was as piece of crap, I would have been complaining about it too. It's not asking too much that something be done right AND on time.

Your blizzard analysis is also irrelevant here. Sony doesn't have the leisure of time that blizzard does, nor is it raking in money hand over fist like blizzard is. The PC isn't going to die if Starcraft 2 doesn't come out tomorrow and neither is blizzard, but Sony's gaming division is hemorrhaging money money to the tune of $379 million dollars last quarter.

Im still sticking to my comment. There is way too much detail in order to be released any time soon. This is one of the only games that is going to support full 1080p even though the current prologue is

some-ridiculously-low-number x 1080.

According to you, making really good games takes no time at all, especially a game with as much content as GT5. No, it shouldnt have been done awhile ago and it wont be done till yamauchi says its done. I believe he said that he didnt want cosmetic damage but full on car deformation, but then again i might have dreamt that.

Dont pull forza into this because forza is ugly and doesnt play very well on a microsofts crappy driving controller or a regular 360 controller. If you want to be a sim, you need the tools to be a sim. Forza has good driving mechanics but is ultimately hindered by the controller.

The only reason i dont like GTR2 is because they dont have street legal cars, but everything else is superb.

I love it when these threads go into the realism arguments. :D

You're sat on your sofa / bucket seat (yeah, people do this) with a wheel and a big TV, realism shouldn't really be the highest thing up your priorities list. :p Besides the fact that realistically there are only a few thousand people in the world with enough racing experience to be able to comment with any authority.

You're sat on your sofa / bucket seat (yeah, people do this) with a wheel and a big TV, realism shouldn't really be the highest thing up your priorities list. :p Besides the fact that realistically there are only a few thousand people in the world with enough racing experience to be able to comment with any authority.

There is nothing wrong with a big TV and being realistic, ask the professionals :D:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57020
Q. You have had your PlayStation 3 for a little bit now. Have you been practicing being on the grid there in Melbourne?

Anthony Davidson: I had it before I went away to Bahrain for testing, so unfortunately I haven't had much time to play it. But the times I have had to play it, it has blown me away. It is incredible. It is so realistic and I have really, really enjoyed playing – and I am sure my wife Carrie is not too happy!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61672
Q: Have you ever driven in Istanbul before?

Adrian Sutil: "No, this will be the first time I have been to the circuit. As usual I have been studying the data trying to learn the track and doing laps on the PlayStation to try and get the right lines.

And those people do not play arcade racers ie forza and GT :p

Back