Gran Turismo

This has become the video game equivalent of Chinese Democracy and Detox.

wow my game just arrived today. Its ****ing amazing! Well worth the wait. Any one up for some races tonight?

If I was a mod, I'd ban you, and then I'd drive to your house and shoot you in the kneecaps. :p

Proof or GTFO!

Posting this image wont count btw:

ajvaf.jpg

;)

It's actually a jacket, my jacket! I couldn't afford the rest.

Notice the button-hole in the bottom-left, under the Blu-Ray disc logo. :p

Last edited:

Now Sony are just being dicks. Apparently the game is shipping and they're planning launch parties, but still dont give us a launch date?

If they plan on releasing late nov/early dec and haven't even announced the launch date, they really aren't leaving themselves much advertising time. I did hear an advertisement for GT5 on the radio yesterday, but it was by a retailer trying to get preorders simply saying "coming soon".

maybe they want black ops/kinect first few weeks hype out the way

Now Sony are just being dicks

Pretty much how I feel. If the game is shipping to some countries already than they pretty much have a pretty darn good idea when they will release it so why being so mute about it? First they promise to deliver a new date before end of October and now they're being dicks and keep shit to themselves.

Here's the trophy list:

link broken

Just hit up GTPlanet at this point.

The video proof will be back up eventually. That little CZ site that was hosting it must be getting hammered.

Last edited:
As much as I am looking forward to this game.....i forgot how painfully boring the last ones were...

compare this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dJP4saO6I&feature=player_embedded

to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_dc5e2eFLU

I know they are completely different but jeez....GT looks like the most boring game on Earth when you're actually behind the wheel driving.

completely diff target audience though? Id rather play GT. Altho i enjoy the NFS series for some mindless racing.

There has been an explosion of GT5 gameplay footage on Youtube these past couple days. Good sign that the release must be near. I'm hoping that the US release won't be on black friday, because I really don't want to have to deal with going out of the house that morning. Plus I have a feeling that Gamestop will sell my preorder to someone else if I don't go pick it up 1 nanosecond after they open.

I don't enjoy NFS games nearly as much as I did when I was younger. They finally moved away from all that street racing bullshit, but now that they have the same people that created the Burnout games doing the work it seems that it's just shifted to another type of annoying racing genre.

I really enjoyed Test Drive Unlimited when I was playing that. I'm looking forward to Test Drive Unlimited 2 whenever that comes out.

No confirmations, but i have heard some folks claim to have seen copies of GT5 in the wild.

I just received an email from Amazon saying that my copy preordered on July 4th will not be shipping until January 12th! FML!

It's almost painfully funny. Check out youtube for a "Sly Collection Unboxing"

Inside the instruction manual for that game is a full page ad that states "GT5, Available NOW"

Sly Collection is due for release on the 3rd of December.

Take from that what you will and be sure to have some salt grains handy, for flavour.

I just received an email from Amazon saying that my copy preordered on July 4th will not be shipping until January 12th! FML!

Amazon has a large capacity to be stupid sometimes. I've preordered books that didn't ship until a month after I'd have already discovered it on shelves at an actual store for just a couple bucks more.

No confirmations, but i have heard some folks claim to have seen copies of GT5 in the wild.

There's lots of videos appearing on youtube from "leaked" copies of the game. Probably stolen off the production lines.

I'll be honest though, I'm not happy with that track list, especially given how few of them have rain / night / time / snow etc.

Also, we have the Top Gear Track but no reasonably priced car. That's just stupid.

I'll be honest though, I'm not happy with that track list, especially given how few of them have rain / night / time / snow etc.

Also, we have the Top Gear Track but no reasonably priced car. That's just stupid.

Would you really want to drive that thing among all of the other choices though? :p

Back