Grand Theft Auto 4 Set to Beat Halo 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is rather obvious that GTA IV will surpass Halo 3 simply because, with all things being equal, the latest installment in the GTA franchise is available on both platforms. Hitwise has taken a different approach to analyzing the popularity of GTA IV by comparing the amount of searches for Halo 3 versus GTA IV.

We've already seen searches for Grand Theft Auto 4 overtake those for Halo 3 by 22% comparing the week before the release of both games. Comparing the share of US Internet searches for the combined "grand theft auto 4" and "grand theft auto iv" last week (week to 26th April 2007) to the share of US Internet searches for "halo 3" the week prior to that game's release (22 September 2007), searches for Grand Theft Auto 4 were 22% higher than for Halo 3.

Something that wasn’t mentioned in the article is the fact that the Halo 3 marketing machine made it possible to get all the info you wanted, and more (Halo 3 soda), without searching for anything. You couldn't turn around without seeing Master Cheif somewhere. Rockstar took a much more subdued approach which made fans of the franchise have to search for coverage or go to the Rockstar website.

You can have all the Halo 3 soda you can drink, that shit was the most horrible thing since Crystal Pepsi.

We had it at a LAN party. It was bad, but strangely addicting. We went through tons of that awful stuff.

The Halo 3 soda was okay, till I read the sugar content. I felt my pancreas shudder in horror.

Something that wasn’t mentioned in the article is the fact that the Halo 3 marketing machine made it possible to get all the info you wanted, and more (Halo 3 soda), without searching for anything. You couldn't turn around without seeing Master Cheif somewhere. Rockstar took a much more subdued approach which made fans of the franchise have to search for coverage or go to the Rockstar website.

Reminded me of this...

masrerchief.jpg

I miss Game Fuel. Of course I am hopelessly addicted to mountain dew and I also like cherry coke/ pepsi/ etc. Live wire is also getting impossible to find.

All time favorites:

Pepsi Lime (frozen):eek:
Game Fuel
Live Wire
Pepsi with Lemmon
Pepsi with Vanilla

In summary I hate it when Pepsi discontinues all the stuff they came out with, except Crystal Pepsi.:eek:

I miss Game Fuel. Of course I am hopelessly addicted to mountain dew and I also like cherry coke/ pepsi/ etc. Live wire is also getting impossible to find.

All time favorites:

Game Fuel
Live Wire
Pepsi with Lemmon
Pepsi with Vanilla

In summary I hate it when Pepsi discontinues all the stuff they came out with, except Crystal Pepsi.:eek:

never heard of any of that besides cherry coke and crystal pepsi (crystal pepsi was featured in FLCL furi kuri and was hard to get rid of) but we only got cherry coke which was kinda ok.. i dont understand how anyone can drink cola with vanilla.. fuck that shit is disgusting.. its like flat coke with vomit in it.

kinda glad i live in aussie.. i like plain old ordinary coke and i buy pepsi if its way cheaper

All time favorites:

Game Fuel
Live Wire
Pepsi with Lemmon
Pepsi with Vanilla

The Lemon/Lime/Vanilla Pepsi's are still around, however in the diet variety, I think they still have Vanilla in regular though.

Also seems I was the only one that actually liked the Crystal Pepsi, or at least the only one that did not vomit/have headaches after drinking it.

i find it amazing that two rehashed old games are the biggest sellers, I understand remakes are like old girlfriends, you know all there quirks and you feel safe, but you crave something new and the promise of more excitment. Personally FPS on consoles is like useing house paintbrush to paint pinstrips, mouse keyboard are the tools of the trade with FPS. And how many anti social, thug, im 12 years old so this is cool games can one take? Yes, im the minority on this one I know, I did enjoy GTA (first 3d one) and I think FPS are fun. But I'm just suprised we love the same old rehashed games with new graphics and a new gun or car so much.

i find it amazing that two rehashed old games are the biggest sellers, I understand remakes are like old girlfriends, you know all there quirks and you feel safe, but you crave something new and the promise of more excitment. Personally FPS on consoles is like useing house paintbrush to paint pinstrips, mouse keyboard are the tools of the trade with FPS. And how many anti social, thug, im 12 years old so this is cool games can one take? Yes, im the minority on this one I know, I did enjoy GTA (first 3d one) and I think FPS are fun. But I'm just suprised we love the same old rehashed games with new graphics and a new gun or car so much.

This is probably why EA sees so much success. Same games each year, few improvements, for full price.. they're just trying to expand their product life cycles.

GTA4 is better game is a much wider appeal so of course it will have more buzz than H3.

GTA IV is totally not a rehash of the previous games. You are a completely new person, story line is much better than GTA III-San Andreas, it has 16 person on-line play now.

Yeah some of the elements remain like the older games but GTA IV is the first GTA I've truly actually liked since GTA London (it was in 2D).

Not surprising. I have never seen such a unanimous number of people on my friends list all playing the same game, even when Halo and Gears came out. It is crazy scrolling down over 25 or so names that are online and every single one of them is on GTA4.

Also, whether you get it now or wait for the PC version, you have to play this game.

I wasn't a huge fan of the previous GTA games. I only really used GTA3 as a sandbox, loved the setting, music, and story of Vice City but couldn't bring myself to finish it due to the frustrating controls, and couldn't get into San Andreas at all due to all the other stuff they threw in like the working out and a story I just couldn't get into.

All that stuff is fixed in GTA4. None of the non-fun fatty stuff, just a great game with probably the best characters and funniest dialogue I've seen in a game in ages. I think I'm actually going to finish this one. :)

Oh, and multi with friends is a blast. Hopefully that's in the PC version as well.

Back