Grand theft auto V thread.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
Surprised there's no active thread on this game.

Comes out in just a week (17th) and figured now is a good time to start talking about it and maybe arrange some [H] people to play with (though MP isn't out til October).

Launch trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoD7ehZPcM

I can't decide yet if I'm getting it for ps3 or xbox (if either has issues, like with RDR having issues with foilage being toned down on the ps3 release, etc I'll probably get it on the system that doesn't).

So who all plans to pick it up and what are you looking forward to doing?

I know this time thiere's gonna be quite a bit to do, you can even play tennis, golf, go bike riding, yoga, skydiving, under water diving, plenty of things to do on the side then just the usual main storyline.

Also they mentioned that V will have dynamic weather that impacts the game, like creating mud, or creating waves on the ocean, plus snow in certain area's (there's a picture that shows this in the recent postcards release that shows a road with snow falling).

Can't wait, just one week to go.

I'm waiting for the PC version. I've played GTA IV on both the 360 and PS3, and both looked terrible compared to the PC version.

Hardcore GTA fan here.

I just recently sold my PS3, so I really don't want to pickup another cheap used PS3 to play it on release, think I will gather bit more patience and have my fingers crossed for Rockstar to surprise the PC community with a PC version on the 17th, or wait for it to be released on PS4. Fuck Xbox One.

Hardcore GTA fan here.

I just recently sold my PS3, so I really don't want to pickup another cheap used PS3 to play it on release, think I will gather bit more patience and have my fingers crossed for Rockstar to surprise the PC community with a PC version on the 17th, or wait for it to be released on PS4. Fuck Xbox One.

I think I may get it for the xbox 360, then PS4 if I get one. I always really enjoyed GTA as well. GTA V is looking to be epic.

I think I may get it for the xbox 360, then PS4 if I get one. I always really enjoyed GTA as well. GTA V is looking to be epic.

What I'm really looking forward to (besides the game itself) is GTA Online which is coming out soon based on the new GTA V (updated Euphoria game engine?), this and I can't wait for the IceEnhancer mods to kick off if we get a PC release soon.

For those of you that don't know what IceEnhancer is, simply youtube GTA IV ice enhancer. Takes the graphics, realism to a whole new level.

Just looked that up, holy shit that looks awesome.

Some Nvidia rep made a passing reference to GTA V on the PC in the Fall like it was some matter of fact but I've seen zero follow up on that so I'm keeping my PS3 preorder unless someone shocks me all of a sudden.

Some Nvidia rep made a passing reference to GTA V on the PC in the Fall like it was some matter of fact but I've seen zero follow up on that so I'm keeping my PS3 preorder unless someone shocks me all of a sudden.

They clarified that the nVidia rep was making an assumption it would come out in the fall for the PC. They were wrong.

I look forward to seeing the final product because out of all the videos ive seen, im really skeptical of how the graphics will be. I wouldve thought it was a PC or a next gen console game as it doesnt seem possible for it look that way on current gen boxes.

Holding out for PC, cause I don't want to buy a console for one game like I did for Forza 4.

I look forward to seeing the final product because out of all the videos ive seen, im really skeptical of how the graphics will be. I wouldve thought it was a PC or a next gen console game as it doesnt seem possible for it look that way on current gen boxes.

I'm impressed at what it looks like on last gen consoles - but 8+ years of learning how to optimize/trick does give you some advantages.

I think once it goes next-gen or PC, it'll be made to look way way better.

Why are you people really wondering if its going to come to pc? What GTA has not made it that was on a console? (xbox, ps2,360,PS3, besides those little "Stories" versions.)

Itll show up. It always does..

The game installs 8 gigs of data on the hard drive of the PS3/Xbox 360. The biggest bottleneck of the current consoles is the disc drive, and that would overcome it.

Also, for the 360, this would allow for much better textures as well.

The game installs 8 gigs of data on the hard drive of the PS3/Xbox 360. The biggest bottleneck of the current consoles is the disc drive, and that would overcome it.

Also, for the 360, this would allow for much better textures as well.

The loading of all the textures and models are what i see as an issue. The game installs on the harddrive because its a big fucking game. I see the rendering of everything as the issue on the old hardware.

OP you posted in the wrong place.
This should be under...
CONSOLE GAMING

I kidd, I kidd...

Honestly though, fuck Rockstar. In this day, where Japanese developers are porting their games to the PC, same day releases everywhere, these idiots aren't gonna bring their biggest release over? At least this time they haven't made any excuse alluding to piracy. That would be insulting this go round... Shit should be day one. Rockstar is full of crap.

But who knows.
Maybe a PC version doesn't exist.
and the reason is because GFWL is going away and Rockstar is too lazy to make their own online, said just fuck it, no PC version.
That would be awesome...

And people failing to realize rockstar has been doing this for a while now just continue to make themselves look stupid.

It will come out for PC at a later date.

Heard that today the console version leaked onto the net, true ?

1235500_679527635408771_142226279_n.jpg

I remember being in middle school and having my mind blown by GTA3

but this game looks beyond crazy

Source or speculation.

History.

GTA 3 Console - October 2001, PC - May 2002
GTA VC Console - October 2002, PC - May 2003
GTA SA Console(PS2) - October 2004, PC - June 2005
GTA 4 Console - April 2008, PC - December 2008
TBGT/LD Xbox 360 - February 2009, PC - April 2010 (PS3 also, not sure exactly why)

So it's been like this since 2001, not sure why it would be different this time.

To OP, you are stating that MP wont be available until GTA Online comes out. Where are you getting this info? I thought the Online was a persistent MP where as the game would come with normal MP out of the box.

To OP, you are stating that MP wont be available until GTA Online comes out. Where are you getting this info? I thought the Online was a persistent MP where as the game would come with normal MP out of the box.

He is right.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...ed-for-october-1-two-weeks-after-gta-5-launch

With the GTA Online gameplay trailer having been formally unveiled earlier today, publisher Rockstar has confirmed the multiplayer platform will not launch until two weeks after the formal release of GTA 5.

"It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA 5. Obviously it's set in the GTA 5 engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing."

No, my birthday is before the game. My wife hates the idea of getting me a gift for my birthday when she can't physically give it to me at that time.

Weird as hell logic, but I suppose it makes sense (actually it doesn't, but whatever).

You get out there and buy that damn game, and play the crap out of it! :mad:

Back