Graphical Client keeps bombing on my laptops

BakedON

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2006
Hey all!

I have two laptops that basically sit here doing nothing so they've been folding the last few weeks. I KNOW I should be running the console instead of the graphical client but I haven't switched over yet.
I'm going to switch now to see if I get an improvement here but about once a week on the SAME day my latops will both (winxp) give me the "F@H has encountered an error and needs to close... yada yada yada" and the machines seem to lockup pretty hard.
One is a Gateway 450 1.4ghz P4M and the other is a Fujitsu Tablet 1.7ghz P4M.

Both have half a gig of memory. One runs WinXP SP1 the other WinXP Tablet edition with SP1 Applied.

Any ideas or should I give up and try the console? I just hate leaving questions like this unanswered......

how are temps? do they get warm?

stability generally? primed them yet?

other than that... :confused:

unhappy_mage said:
how are temps? do they get warm?

stability generally? primed them yet?

other than that... :confused:
The Gateway has been a bit on the warm side but nothing out of the ordinary. It gets warmer sitting in my lap than it does in my 'farm room' office in the basement.
The Fujitsu seems OK temp wise too.

As for stability the Fujitsu has been a rock and has barely anything installed and or running on it. The gateway could probably use a reload though....
I think I'll just shut up and load the console. I really just wanted to KNOW this one in case someone ran into it down the line.

Power management has all been turned off.

I usually leave the graphical screen open so I can easily glance over and see how they're doing.

Let me know if ya'll need more info.

BakedON said:

Well, I will say that I have much better luck in the stability arena with the text only client, but I didn't have many issues with 5.03 (5.02 sucked).

The only other problem I have had with laptops is with memory. Have you recently upgraded the memory in the laptops?

Hito Bahadur said:
Well, I will say that I have much better luck in the stability arena with the text only client, but I didn't have many issues with 5.03 (5.02 sucked).

The only other problem I have had with laptops is with memory. Have you recently upgraded the memory in the laptops?
Nope..
Screw it i'm going graphical! :) Just as soon as these two WU finish I'm starin' over!

THX for the help though guys.

Back