Graphics or Gameplay: Da poll

Graphics or Gameplay

• Total voters
some of the games I've spent the most time with in this "next gen": Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Puzzle quest.

latest ncaa football, graphics aren't as "realistic" as madden, but the gameplay is much better. Madden games make me angry, like when your runningback or receiver decides to run fucking backwards when they hit one of your own lineman. God, that shit sucks. but ncaa, which still has its own share of quirks, just plays much better. I like what EA did with this game. come on, 2k sports!

Graphics are to video games what special effects are to movies.
Great graphics (or great FX) will not save a bad game (or a bad movie).

Gameplay. You can always make shit look pretty, but its still shit when you get near it.

Look at forza series, and the elder scrolls series on the 360/xbox. Not the best graphics but the gameplay is what keeps people playing.

Story? Doesn't matter how nice it looks or how well the controls are if the story is lame. Look at silent hill 2. If the story is good I will put up with bad controls and subpar graphics.

Last generation I used to complain about graphics. This was not because the textures were crap but because the resolution was too damn low and the picture was jaggy as hell. In this generation I have only complained about games that do not render at 1280x720. For me it was never about the fidelity of graphics, it was always about the resolution.

Back