GRAW vs. BF2

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
So, everyone seems to be GRAW this and GRAW that lately, why?

I picked up BF2 about a month or a month and a half ago, and over time ended up getting really into it. Overall, it is an incredible game, perfect mix of action and strategy, good pace, good maps, and matches that can swing back and forth and make it pretty exciting.

The other day I had a chance to play GRAW for a while, and I was fairly dissapointed, the pace is too slow, the strategic element is perhaps a little more than BF2, but overall it just didn't keep me on the edge of my seat or in suspense for what was coming next.

Why has GRAW taken all of the attention as far as war sims go lately? Do you have a preference for one over the other, and if so, why?

GRAW came out earlier, and was one of the first undeniably great games for the 360. It has an amazing single-player campaign, great co-op, and reasonably good multiplayer.

BF2:MC (NOT BF2!!!!) came out later, and is hugely dumbed down compared to the PC version. I personally found BF2 to be fantastic, and BF2:MC to be forgettable.

-Erwos

Uhh i think he is talking about the 360 version of GRAW vs. the 360 version of BF2.

I think it's partially because the Tom Clancy name is more recognized by console gamers than the Battlefield name.

I was curious, how is the single player campaign in the X360 version of Battlefield? I have spent some time with the demo and am impressed with it. Much better multiplayer than GRAW from what i've seen. GRAW is been collecting dust lately in my drawer.

My reason for liking GRAW way more? I'm so sick of Battlefield. I played BF2 on my pc for a long time. GRAW can be very intense. Just play the single player past the first couple of levels and you'll see what I mean.

I love tactical games with some elements of realism but BF2 for the 360 just seems like another shooter.

BF2 for the PC on the other hand is fantastico!

Bop said:
I love tactical games with some elements of realism but BF2 for the 360 just seems like another shooter.

BF2 for the PC on the other hand is fantastico!

Hmm, I have never played the PC version, I think it would make my computer choke. What is the difference between BF2 and BF2:MC when it comes to the 360? I thought there was only one...

I disagree on it being just another shooter though, there is a lot more strategy required and teamwork than in a game like Halo2 or Quake4 where you just run around and blast stuff, picking the right type of soldier for the right environment, picking the right ground to launch your assault, knowing when to hide and play cat and mouse and when to just run in, etc, I think it all makes a difference. Then again, the Rainbow Six style games undeniably require more thinking beforehand, but I find them a bit too realistic sometimes.

theNoid said:
Yes, thank you for posting without reading the rest of the thread, or even the first post.

I had more fun with BF2:MC's Singleplayer than the GRAW singleplayer, but from reading the forums I must be in a minority. GRAW's multiplayer, however, is IMHO kickass and fast-paced. As for BF2's multiplayer....it's too dumbed down. I may hate the PC BF2's version's bugs, but at least it has depth.

:D

(oh, and for the record, it's "Hear Hear," NOT "Here Here." Short for "hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!")

Klintor said:
(oh, and for the record, it's "Hear Hear," NOT "Here Here." Short for "hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!")

Lol! Woops.. :p

Get GRAW...you'll forget all about BF2:MC. GRAW is just an all around better game then BF2:MC Hands Down!

GRAW is a lot more of a tactical based shooter game, while bf2 is more of a blow the shit out of anything u see type game

They are diffrent games. If you like one more than the other fine. Dont try to compare two uncompareable things.

Gove me BF2. Better framerate, and more action packed.
GRAW is awesome for what it is, but the whole time it just felt convoluded and complicated. I like my FPS and tactical games to be simple and easy to pick up. Mastery is in the execution, not having to do 100 things at once.
Just my $0.02, but I know GRAW's a great game if that's your thing.

Domingo said:
Gove me BF2. Better framerate, and more action packed.
GRAW is awesome for what it is, but the whole time it just felt convoluded and complicated. I like my FPS and tactical games to be simple and easy to pick up. Mastery is in the execution, not having to do 100 things at once.
Just my $0.02, but I know GRAW's a great game if that's your thing.
GRAW is pretty damn simple... I think the most complicated thing in the game is probably using the tactical map to send something somewhere, and that's not too hard. What made the game feel complicated?

Back