GREAT prices on HD DVD's...

I received my HD-DVDs. Excellent and new. Maybe I might order some more.

i got my 29 HD DVD's yesterday, A+ and fast shipping, definately would order again

I purchased the Bourne Ultimatum and Bourne Identity HD-DVDs. I also have the original Bourne Identity DVD.

I didn't really see that much of a difference on my monitor.

I purchased the Xbox 360 HD-DVD external player and I have an 24: LG L246WP LCD monitor. It says that it is HD ready. I use the 8800GT card and there isn't this huge difference.

Do I have my monitor cofigured in such a way that the brilliance of HD-DVD doesn't jump out at me?

Investigating further into the Nvidia control panel one option allows you to change your signal HD format. My setting currently says NON-HDTV format. I have tried switching it to 1080p HDTV but my screen isn't as sharrp. The resolutions changes.

I use my monitor at resolution 1900 x 1200

Am I missing anything?

nvidiacontrol.gif

Hmmm... well 1080p runs at 1920 x 1080 i think. So that's why your screen gets weird. As far as why it's not as sharp, I'm not sure. Try 720p. Either way you should be able to notice the difference between the HD and non-HD.

i'm still waiting on mine, what was the overall time between shipping and waiting for you guys, i was one of the late buyers (right before the 5.99 movies all but disappeared) so i'm trying to gauge when i should start questioning

I ordered mine right when some of them turned $7.99 and got them on Monday of this week.

*****UPDATE*****

While they have up'd their prices a little bit in the past 2 weeks, iNetVideo is now offering FREE shipping to the US on orders over $49.99. FS ends June 8th.

Plus they've added several new titles. Damn this dead format is getting expensive.

I purchased the Bourne Ultimatum and Bourne Identity HD-DVDs. I also have the original Bourne Identity DVD.

I didn't really see that much of a difference on my monitor.

I purchased the Xbox 360 HD-DVD external player and I have an 24: LG L246WP LCD monitor. It says that it is HD ready. I use the 8800GT card and there isn't this huge difference.

I have used the X-Box drive without problem, in my case since I run a dual monitor setup it was very easy to test DVD vs HD-DVD.

Test system-

Gigabyte Motherboard with 5000+ X2 with 2 gig of ram and 8800GT. Monitor one is a 19" WS Viewsonic at 1440 x 900 and Monitor 2 is an Acer 19" WS at the same res.

OS and software used- PowerDVD Ultra, VLC Player, AnyDVD and Win XP.

I have both versions of Apollo 13, on the left monitor was the DVD version using VLC player, on the right PowerDVD & HD-DVD. I stopped the movie at the point where the dude was in the mockup trying to pair down the module power up list. There is a good shot of the meter showing the amount of amps pulled right at the chapter start.

Hands down the HD-DVD version was crisp and sharp showing every nick and scratch on the face of the meter. All switch markings and serial number were very easy to make out while the DVD version while not bad was crushed by the HD-DVD's detail.

AnyDVD HD is nice software to have, it will let you output your HD-DVD or Blue-ray to a non-HDPC monitor.

just popping in to say i got mine today, gonna hit up and grab some more with free shipping, though i'm tossing in an anime box set to round it out

I have used the X-Box drive without problem, in my case since I run a dual monitor setup it was very easy to test DVD vs HD-DVD.

Test system-

Gigabyte Motherboard with 5000+ X2 with 2 gig of ram and 8800GT. Monitor one is a 19" WS Viewsonic at 1440 x 900 and Monitor 2 is an Acer 19" WS at the same res.

I have both versions of Apollo 13, on the left monitor was the DVD version using VLC player, on the right PowerDVD & HD-DVD. I stopped the movie at the point where the dude was in the mockup trying to pair down the module power up list. There is a good shot of the meter showing the amount of amps pulled right at the chapter start.

Hands down the HD-DVD version was crisp and sharp showing every nick and scratch on the face of the meter. All switch markings and serial number were very easy to make out while the DVD version while not bad was crushed by the HD-DVD's detail.

AnyDVD HD is nice software to have, it will let you output your HD-DVD or Blue-ray to a non-HDPC monitor.

I'll try and hook up the other monitor and see if there is a difference. I'm sure there is. I am kind of going by the fact that when I was at Best Buy and watched part of Fantastic 4 silver surfer on Blu-ray with an HDTV; the picture was awesome! It looked so good that it appeared to be fake. So it was kind of like watching the actors in real life and you were on the stage behind the camera watching it happen vs watching it on the movie screen. Anyway that was my impression of Blu-ray and I kind of figured that Surreal picture would come out on my LG monitor but it doesn't look like what I remembered at Best Buy.

I upgraded to PowerDVD Ultra 8 awhile ago and they took out the HD-DVD feature. So, I had to uninstall it and reload PowerDVD Ultra 7. What's up with that?

I'll try and hook up the other monitor and see if there is a difference. I'm sure there is. I am kind of going by the fact that when I was at Best Buy and watched part of Fantastic 4 silver surver on Blu-ray with an HDTV; the picture was awesome! It looked so good that it appeared to be fake. So it was kind of like watching the actors in real life and you were on the stage behind the camera watching it happen vs watching it on the movie scree. Anyway that was my impression of Blu-ray and I kind of figured that Surreal picture would come out on my LG monitor but it doesn't look like what I remembered at Best Buy.

It is possible that your DVD software you are using is downgrading the picture to "normal" DVD spec. I know PowerDVD will if it detects an analog monitor connection.

Just checked out with 8 movies, but it didn't apply the free shipping offer for my order over $49.99...we'll see.

For those of you that have ordered and received your orders, how long did it take? Did you receive any kind of shipping notification? I ordered very early Saturday morning, my card was charged early in the day yesterday and as of right now I have not received any kind of notice and their online status just shows payment submitted.

ordered 10 movies late evening on the 3rd, shipping confirmation on the 5th, received USPS on the 9th. FYI, all of the movies are listed as the Canadian version and they all say FOR SALE IN CANADA ONLY.

Some people might care if they wanted the spanish audio track, since the Canadian versions seem to be English and French only, or didn't want the cover to be in French and English. Anyway, I just ordered 6 more, hehe.

ordered 10 movies late evening on the 3rd, shipping confirmation on the 5th, received USPS on the 9th. FYI, all of the movies are listed as the Canadian version and they all say FOR SALE IN CANADA ONLY.

I noticed that too. Only 2 of my 5 were that way though.

I went out and bought a used Toshiba HD-A30 to watch these on my tv.

Another update:

iNetVideo is now having a "Crash the Website Sale". They've adjusted a lot of their prices, some titles as low at $3.99, and they've lowered their shipping costs. Some new movies added too. I'm really hoping that they add some paramount/WB films, cause i'm running out of Universal titles that i want.

I didn't think this needed its own thread, so I'm posting it here:

Gamestop/EB Games is slowly ramping up their used DVD offers to try and get rid of them all, and said offers also apply to used HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs, if the store nearest you happens to have any. Mine is currently running buy 2 get 3 free.

I walked out with BD versions of I am Legend, PotC 3, Spiderman 3, and The Simpsons Movie, along with M:I3 on HD-DVD. Total cost was $38.

I'll try and hook up the other monitor and see if there is a difference. I'm sure there is. I am kind of going by the fact that when I was at Best Buy and watched part of Fantastic 4 silver surver on Blu-ray with an HDTV; the picture was awesome! It looked so good that it appeared to be fake. So it was kind of like watching the actors in real life and you were on the stage behind the camera watching it happen vs watching it on the movie scree. Anyway that was my impression of Blu-ray and I kind of figured that Surreal picture would come out on my LG monitor but it doesn't look like what I remembered at Best Buy.

That TV has a special 120hz function...that's what's making it look that way...look up tv + 120hz on google...you'll find a lot of 120hz functionality blowing people's mind

Sweet, they have Hero's Season 1 for $29 again.

I picked up a few more.

I popped in disc 1 today at 3pm. It's now almost 1pm and I'm on episode 12.

I keep asking myself, why the hell didn't i watch this show earlier?!! This show is more addicting than Lost!

Back